Give. Bioware. Time.

pppgggr

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I'm at work. I can post here in between doing other things. I can't play the game here.

I don't doubt that you sincerely enjoy the game.

But I can't until my characters are on healthy servers to the point where I can level alts inside my legacy.

Two characters 50, and I had to skip almost all flashpoints because it was extremely hard to get groups for anything

past Hammerstation. Now I can't even get groups for Esseles.

Sure, I could stop complaining. But I want to play the game.

And if playing the game properly means getting Biowares attention by adding to every angry rage post on this website then that's exactly what I am going to do.

I am not being serviced properly nor should I be punished to "start" over on a server that is already established with guilds, groups and high levels making me feel left behind.

Edited by Tiaa

You mean people buy an MMO, chew through content in the free month, then leave and don't continue because they don't want to pay $15 a month.

SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOE!

You mean Bioware gives every account a free 30 days, releases in 38 new countries and counts free months+box trials in their supposed 1.3 mil active subs even though everyone knows it's really only 500-700k people that still play this game?!?!

GETREALJOE!

there is no excuse for bioware releasing patches this terrible. they fix a couple things, but break major parts of them game. they should have an internal testing team that catches these blatant bugs, and then the patch should be on PTS for at least a day to insure it runs smoothly on a live server.

PTS is being underutilized right now, and bioware seems to lack a comprehensive internal testing team.

until those 2 issues are addressed we will continue to see patches that fix one thing and break something else. this is not how a AAA MMO company does business, and the ever decreasing number of subs is evident that the player base will not tolerate it

Something i wrote in a different thread but it fits for this one aswell. Please understand what I mean and then you will know the hatred and blame adressed to BW is mostly unauthorized...

Funny how people still blame only BW for unfinished work and lack of some features. You should realize that the main villain here is EA. Not BioWare but EA pushed the game to launch, EA ignored bugs and lack of some features. Sure, with two more months of development it would be more than great but please, stop blaming BW for everything. They are working more than hard and i applaud them from all my heart. You made a very very nice game and when all the small problems will be fixed, it would be just perfect. Thank you! :)

This might be of interest to some people, basically a discussion about server populations, server merges, and the overall health of the game.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/star-wars-the-old-republic-mmorpg/no-change/

My personal opinion is that Erickson is a lying sack of poo. I play on a server that has on average 2-5 people in a zone and I am one of those 2-5 people. My guild has more activity than the fleet does (20 people at most at peak times). When I first started playing on this server it had an average population. Now I would guess it has at peak times, about 50-85 people playing. It's not because people are playing less often, it's because people are no longer playing. That or they moved to a healthier server.

The problem is that BioWare needs to import all of their patches from foreign countries that have climates that Patch Trees can grow in. If they could just grow their own Patch Trees, everything would be released a lot faster.

I use Microsoft Accel at work, so I know how this computer stuff works.

If I only had a dollar for every failing MMO that had a poster post to 'Give X company time...' Well I'd be a very rich man.

Time is something no MMO has... There is a 5 month window of fail or win for any MMO and if they fail within that timeframe it's usually done for them.

If i build roads for a living and someone hires me to build a bridge and i say that i can do the job, they arent going to give me extra tme because Im new to building bridges and i need some time to learn how. I should have learned how to build a bridge or hired help that new how.

...i guess those kinds of people would just accept if the tires on their Daewoo automobile fell off on the freeway because hey, we just gotta give Daewoo time to figure out how to make cars that don't do this...

These comments (and others like them that I might have missed) pose an interesting question. There is no other commercial good or service (that I can think of), where consumers tend to stick with a perceived poor product or service because it's that company's "first product/service" and that "you just need to give them more time". So why is this an acceptable argument for and MMO?

I'm not necessarily arguing either way here, just trying to stimulate debate. Also, for clarification/definition purposes, I classify an MMO as a "service".

We've been giving them time, just about a half a years worth now. They have had time to address community concerns, and all I have noticed is dwindling server populations, longer queue times, and progressively less interaction from BW on community concerns (aside from closing and merging threads).

The community is already speaking with their wallets, and rather loudly. A 25% subscriber loss in a quarter is astonishingly bad, no matter how you try and paint it. SWTOR has been out for two fiscal quarters now, after Q1 there was a 300k slip from sales to active subs, in Q2 there was a 400k slip in active subs.. Not only are we losing subs, the rate we are losing them at is accelerating.

And what do we get from BioWare? A podcast with 2 employees smacking each other on the butt telling each other how good a job they did...

These comments (and others like them that I might have missed) pose an interesting question. There is no other commercial good or service (that I can think of), where consumers tend to stick with a perceived poor product or service because it's that company's "first product/service" and that "you just need to give them more time". So why is this an acceptable argument for and MMO?

I'm not necessarily arguing either way here, just trying to stimulate debate. Also, for clarification/definition purposes, I classify an MMO as a "service".

A very good point. If someone took hundreds of millions of dollars to start a new cell phone company and came out with a 10 lb shoebox sized hunk of plastic with rotary dialing no one would say "well give them time...its their first phone". Fairly or unfairly your expected to be competitive with whats on the market now.

Launch: Be patient! Give Bioware time. The game is new!

1 Month in: Game is just a month old, let them get things fixed! Geez!

3 Months in: 1.2 is going to solve most of your problems guys, just simmer down.

4 Months in: Let them fix what gotten broken, okay? Seriously you guys just want it now.

5 Months in: 1.3 is going to have everything you're asking for. Good lord you guys complain.

6 Months in: .....?

8 Months in:....?

Bioware has no problem taking my money why shouldn't we hold them to a higher standard?

This man should be Sainted................

This....This....This

If I only had a dollar for every failing MMO that had a poster post to 'Give X company time...' Well I'd be a very rich man.

Time is something no MMO has... There is a 5 month window of fail or win for any MMO and if they fail within that timeframe it's usually done for them.

Actually its more like 2-3 months window to get it right. Here is the thing for BIoware, they are going up against HUGE games like Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 and They knew this way in advance but failed to utilize the head start. They should have listened to player feedback but didnt and now look where we are at? 25% drop in subs since February as of late April. The only reason we didnt have a 50-75% drop in subs was because of the name STAR WARS but even with a name like that how much longer can this game last?

This entire mess could have been avoided had bioware been smart and learn form other mmos, but nope they didnt. Now i dont think they will not recover the lost subs with D3 next week and GW2 few months away. Its sad, this game had so much potential.

Some of you guys act like 15 bucks a month is a huge amount of money. If 15 bucks a month is that big of a deal you shouldn't be playing anyways!

In this economy, giving away our hard earned money REGARDLESS OF THE AMOUNT IS THE POINT.....

What part of that dont you understand?

A 25% subscriber loss in a quarter is astonishingly bad, no matter how you try and paint it.
Except, of course, if you paint it with the truth. Pretty much all MMOs lose 50% if not more of their subscriptions in the few months after release. Sure, losing them is bad in and of itself, but not when compared to the industry standard.

Cry harder, doomsayer.

You say "Give. Bioware. Time. "

I say this is a multihundred million dollar game from the professional studios of BioWare under the eyes of moneynazi Electronic Arts.

They have no excuse, really.

It's just junior coders without experience and choosing an unfinished Hero-engine was a poor, poor choice by the execs.

I like the game, a lot, but this is the truth.

Except, of course, if you paint it with the truth. Pretty much all MMOs lose 50% if not more of their subscriptions in the few months after release. Sure, losing them is bad in and of itself, but not when compared to the industry standard.

Cry harder, doomsayer.

Agree and disagree.

The problem that bioware is going to run into... is that theres several releases on the horizon. With GW2, The Secret World, and Tera online (having just released) Its like pirranahs taking bites out of their subs. While singly they may not all complete or even be on the same level (and Im not making that judgement call.) all of them together can take a significant chunk out of the sub base if they arent careful.

Its not doom. But its an issue. And one they would be foolish to ignore.

Cry harder, doomsayer.

And haven't most of those that have ended up going free to play?

Cry harder, doomsayer.

Not just lost, but also failed to retain. ;)

A portion of these lost subscriptions are people who just didn't find enough going on in the game to stick around past their 30 free days.

2.4 million sold. 1.3 million left playing.

Edited by Dezzi

Cry harder, doomsayer.

Citation needed.

You say "Give. Bioware. Time. "

I say this is a multihundred million dollar game from the professional studios of BioWare under the eyes of moneynazi Electronic Arts.

They have no excuse, really.

It's just junior coders without experience and choosing an unfinished Hero-engine was a poor, poor choice by the execs.

I like the game, a lot, but this is the truth.

There are definately some interesting technical issues with this game. Ones Ive never seen before.