Give. Bioware. Time.

pppgggr

That's understandable. I'd probably be very upset if my game was crashing too. A lot of times, things like this, that aren't affecting everyone are really hard to pin point and fix. I guess the reality of that is that sometimes, people like yourself just get hung out to dry because of it. That sucks, but I've honestly never had a game breaking bug myself. I have seen bugs, not doubt about that. But nothing that has kept me from playing the game. Maybe my opinion would be different if I were in your shoes (and visa versa).

Fair enough, but this should effectively show you why I am against painting everyone who has a negative opinion with such a broad brush. Yes there are very obvious trolls, but there are more of us than you might think who have legitimate gripes.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is logical to you sounds more like you are trying to tell me / dictate to me on how I use my subscription.

Logic is reasoning.

By your logic, which is based on baseless ASSUMPTIONS...as you are ASSUMING that he likes and plays the game...and also dictating how much one has to "play" the game and...etc...you get the point...

...It would make no sense for him nor I, nor you to be on this forum as much since you "enjoy" the game so much.

We clear professor?

And anyone that thinks what you said made sense. Read my signature.

I play at night and post during the day while I'm at work. Trust me, I'd much rather be playing than posting.

They already had 6 months, and guess what

Ranked warzones are still not here

LFG tool still not here

Chat bubbles still not here

All useful legacy stuff is marked "Coming in 1.3: Aimed for Soon"

Open World PvP (you know, one that is actually good) still not here

Server transfers/merges still not here

Most emotes still have no animations

Sitting on chairs still not here

In warzones, sometimes players still don't show up in the ops frames

*NEW* Matrix Cubes still not fixed

Fixed:

- un-abandonable quests can be abandoned

- expertise has no soft-cap

- customizable ui is here

But don't worry, all of this will be fixed in the upcoming expansion pack "World of Darkness", set to release in early 2025.

Pre-order your copy prior to 2015 and you will receive exclusive early access to the new warzone "Voidball".

Edited by Eszi

Launch: Be patient! Give Bioware time. The game is new!

1 Month in: Game is just a month old, let them get things fixed! Geez!

3 Months in: 1.2 is going to solve most of your problems guys, just simmer down.

4 Months in: Let them fix what gotten broken, okay? Seriously you guys just want it now.

5 Months in: 1.3 is going to have everything you're asking for. Good lord you guys complain.

6 Months in: .....?

8 Months in:....?

Bioware has no problem taking my money why shouldn't we hold them to a higher standard?

TBH every patch in every MMO these days tends to be like that, hyped as the Messiah patch then called the final nail in the coffin util the next patch

Fair enough, but this should effectively show you why I am against painting everyone who has a negative opinion with such a broad brush. Yes there are very obvious trolls, but there are more of us than you might think who have legitimate gripes.

I think most people that complain normally do have legitimate gripes. It's just that instead of moving on to something they do enjoy, they prefer to stay here and try to convince people that do enjoy the game that they're some how wrong for doing so. Heck, lately, they've even taken to calling people like me, who defend a game that they enjoy, EA employees. As if no one could like the game enough to defend it without getting paid to do so.

Also, I'm not saying you're one of the people that are complaining obsessively and I do agree that you have a genuine reason to be upset. It just baffles me that some people choose to spend their free time discussing something that they hate as opposed to finding something new that they actually enjoy.

I think most people that complain normally do have legitimate gripes. It's just that instead of moving on to something they do enjoy, they prefer to stay here and try to convince people that do enjoy the game that they're some how wrong for doing so. Heck, lately, they've even taken to calling people like me, who defend a game that they enjoy, EA employees. As if no one could like the game enough to defend it without getting paid to do so.

Also, I'm not saying you're one of the people that are complaining obsessively and I do agree that you have a genuine reason to be upset. It just baffles me that some people choose to spend their free time discussing something that they hate as opposed to finding something new that they actually enjoy.

Maybe they're not trying to convince you, but the developers. People post on these forums--criticism and praise alike--because the boards offer access to the developers' ears.

Edited by Dezzi

They better do something fast, Elder Scroll Online is going to be huge in 2013.

I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scroll series (as they are), but Elder Scrolls Online sounds like SWTOR 2.0. No thanks.

Maybe they're not trying to convince you, but the developers. People post on these forums--criticism and praise alike--because the boards offer access to the developers' ears.

I have no doubt that a lot of the people do post in hopes that the developers hear their pleas. There have been plenty of well thought out posts that state flaws that need to be addressed or changes that would benefit the game. Unfortunately, that's not how the majority of the people disappointed with the game express themselves.

I don't think the developers care too much about "Your game sucks, Unsubbed!" type threads.

Edited by Galbatorrix

ok what patch "these days" (and what mmo) is claimed as the messiah patch.

One easy example was 1.2, There was a thread labelled calling it the Messiah Patch.

In SWG every update/patch seemed to be eagerly looked forward too then complained about

LOTRO had an update recently they many hyped but complained about

Over hype and complaining on delivery isnt anything new to the MMO genre.

You can find more examples if you look :)

Ready for it?

2.4 million sales, down to 1.3 million subscriptions.

It looks like a much, much smaller majority is happy. Reality... it's a heluva drug.

You mean people buy an MMO, chew through content in the free month, then leave and don't continue because they don't want to pay $15 a month.

SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOE!

You mean people buy an MMO, chew through content in the free month, then leave and don't continue because they don't want to pay $15 a month.

SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOE!

Exactly.

Are you trying to say it's a good thing that those people don't stick around?

How much time do you want to give Bioware to constantly muddle through bad design choices before they go back and revert those 6 months of bad design choices?

Bioware has until new games come out.