Dragon Age 3 Devs moved to SWTOR.

Not really. The only issues I can remember with most of WoW;s patches was with player's addons/mods breaking. I for one..never use those and have never had any major issue with any WoW patches after 7 yrs of playing it. I have never, not once had to reset my UI for example and I been playing sence Vanilla.

You played wow for 7 years and never noticed Patch X.X.2 about 2-3 weeks after a major patch? Maybe you just notice it in TOR more because its 2-3 day instead of weeks.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter how many devs they move to TOR... The game design is fail to me.. So unless TOR has their own NGE where they make it more sandbox then linear themepark, my sub will remain on the 45 day cancel cooldown.. I've logged on about 2 hours a week AT MOST.. Come Tues when Diablo 3 goes live, I doubt I'll log on at all, unless asked to..

Don't trip on your way out.

The devs that were meant to work on the third instalment of the Dragon Age series have instead been moved to increase the overall resources to help develop content and fix bugs for SWTOR.

Could this mean quicker updates or a wider array of content in the same amount of time?

Link: http://www.develop-online.net/news/40736/Pachter-Dragon-Age-3-devs-loaned-to-SWTOR

This game needs Features, not content. What are they gonna do? Release another Flashpoint that no one can find groups for?

This game needs Features, not content. What are they gonna do? Release another Flashpoint that no one can find groups for?

Probably.

It makes sense considering the big feature in 1.3 is a group finder that is -not cross server-. That way people on dead servers can use it to find people who aren't even there.

You played wow for 7 years and never noticed Patch X.X.2 about 2-3 weeks after a major patch? Maybe you just notice it in TOR more because its 2-3 day instead of weeks.

There's a reason TOR is patching 2 days after a major patch.

Probably.

It makes sense considering the big feature in 1.3 is a group finder that is -not cross server-. That way people on dead servers can use it to find people who aren't even there.

It's really quite brilliant.

From what we have seen so far, I'm going to take a wild guess and say.... no. They are blatantly ignoring what we're saying, unless you're lucky and get a copy-paste message when they close the thread, and they haven't even made a sound to show us that they are even still alive. For all we know the entire SWTOR team, besides community managers, could have died in a horrible bus accident.

the leads know totally 100% what their doing what were going through across about all of gameing is whole companies trying to figure out how to 1. appeal to broad markets 2. integrate subs or microtransactions into any and all forms of gameing to battle piracy, the sad after effect to all of this is they dont program games with gamers in mind anymore they program games with $ and the happiness of their shareholders in mind first. weve moved from the era of games made for the entertainment of the purchaser first to an era of programmers makeing games where nothing matters but getting the largest # of people to buy it. is why you see rpg elements in almost every fps today and is why you see rpg's comming out with less and less immersion and options for dynamic character growth. Unless things change all games will be the same with just different stories but overall will be very simple so anybody can buy it. say goodbuy to all your favorite types of games for in the future all restaurants are taco bell.

I whole heartily agree, but in Bioware's case you need two content patches to make up for one that other games release.

First, the initial patch

Second, the patch to fix the game breaking bugs of the first patch.

again welcome to MMOs.

Every single MMO out there does that. EVEN WoW STILL does that. Rift as well.

Has there been any actual confirmation of this rumor by EA or Bioware?

No, the article that nobody read was all speculation, none of it was confirmed facts, just some analyst's "beliefs" that the teams are being shifted and DA3 delayed because of SWTOR.

We don't even know if DA3 is delayed yet for crying out loud...EA hasn't exactly said which title was delayed, but everyone's been going on about DA3 being delayed when it wasn't even close to shipping anyways due to completely scrapped and in the process of being improved massively.

What's the point of having an LFG tool without having cross-server functionality when the server populations are so low?

because they are adding free server transfers.

So when the servers populations are back up you can LFG. of course most server aren't as bad as you like to say.

No, the article that nobody read was all speculation, none of it was confirmed facts, just some analyst's "beliefs" that the teams are being shifted and DA3 delayed because of SWTOR.

We don't even know if DA3 is delayed yet for crying out loud...EA hasn't exactly said which title was delayed, but everyone's been going on about DA3 being delayed when it wasn't even close to shipping anyways due to completely scrapped and in the process of being improved massively.

did they ever give a date for DA3 in the fist place? I don't remember seeing one.

good and bad.

after DA2 I have NO INTEREST in DA3 (and I put in over 800 HOURS into DA:O..LOVED THAT GAME)

DA2 was an aborted cash-in.

I hope it never comes out..

that said..I hope Gaider doesn't bring his personal issues to SWTOR..we're talking about a man that was quoted in saying he doesn't believe in "happy endings" for romances (irl issues much??) which is why we get the kind of romances in the DA books..etc

I like when they change teams as if it is going to matter.

The problem is THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE SHOW.

All the ones under them hardly have any say as to what goes on in this game.

This is why I don't even like saying "Bioware" because they do have staff members who love making games.

It's just not the ones making interviews and lying to us 24/7 who don't but get the fat checks.

Edited by Tiaa

good and bad.

after DA2 I have NO INTEREST in DA3 (and I put in over 800 HOURS into DA:O..LOVED THAT GAME)

that said..I hope Gaider doesn't bring his personal issues to SWTOR..we're talking about a man that was quoted in saying he doesn't believe in "happy endings" for romances (irl issues much??) which is why we get the kind of romances in the DA books..etc

Oh god, no.

Don't do this. My SI and his Ashara are so happy! Please, don't do this...

oh I see.. then I'll prepare myself for an expansion where Ashara gets killed by a raging Wookie during lvl 50-60 ?

good and bad.

Who cares about the gdamn romances... that should be the least of their problems. I'm tired of all these weirdos and fangirls in BioWare games discussing romances non-stop (not referring to SWTOR, but their other franchises, mostly).

I liked the idea of a romance in KotOR; I thought it enriched the plot. I have nothing against romance subplots in principle. But this junk has gotten so out of hand that that's the only thing people ever discuss on the BSN.

Now all we get from their games is 50% combat, 50% flirting, and 0% roleplaying. And debates over (female) Hawke's breasts or whether Fenris enjoys being touched.

Who cares about the gdamn romances... that should be the least of their problems. I'm tired of all these weirdos and fangirls in BioWare games discussing romances non-stop (not referring to SWTOR, but their other franchises, mostly).

I liked the idea of a romance in KotOR; I thought it enriched the plot. I have nothing against romance subplots in principle. But this junk has gotten so out of hand that that's the only thing people ever discuss on the BSN.

Now all we get from their games is 50% combat, 50% flirting, and 0% roleplaying. And debates over (female) Hawke's breasts or whether Fenris enjoys being touched.

I'm not the kind of person who dwells on romances, but i think it adds another level of depth to characters. Especiallymine, who is a SI who is desperate not to become a raging murderer like his fellow sith. A light sided fallen jedi is the perfect romance, as it's something that will anchor him on the edge of the lgith side and dark side.

It's great not just for roleplayers, but for people who have an imagination about their character. Star Wars is not all just lightsaber battles, pew-pew exchanges and telekinetic powers, you know.