Dragon Age 3 Devs moved to SWTOR.

I agree. If EA/BioWare can figure out what priorities really need to be worked on, there is lots of potential for this game. I mean take a look at Rift, that game is still going after a year and it's not a fraction of a game that TOR is.

RIFT has closed over 80 servers and it's remaining ones, about fifteen when I last counted, are pretty much all Light on prime time. It will go F2P before the end of the year, after more server mergers, I'm sure.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.) Dragon Age 2 was good. It wasnt the milestone DA:O was, but the story and the characters were excellent, like they always are in BioWare-Games. and since Im much more interested in good storytelling than graphics I still enjoy all of their games. I really hope this decision doesnt delay DA3, cause Im really looking forward to it.

I disagree, it was a milestone - in terms "How to make a single - player RPG look like cheap MMO"

- repetitive quests, including "fetch/kill" generated practically on the spot (yeah, no comment necessary)

- meaningless choices hidden behind angel/satan/derp dialogue wheel (can't have too many real consequences in MMO, besides - too much text = bad)

- cookie - cuttter NPCs with few exceptions (MMO is a buisness of clones after all)

- simpleton companions (interesting characters? really? REALLY?) locked in one feature (****, virgin, emo etc) with some smoke screen that was supposed to pretend to be "depth" ( i totally use dark magic, mages are opressed, I hate mages etc) - Hamburger actually praised this crap in almost exact words: going from one extreme to another (awesome way to create characters!)

- recycled enviroments (yeah, this is totally unlike MMOs)

- exploding enemies (ok, this one is more like CoD-audience style, no MMO necessary)

- enemies (re)spawning out of thin air (yeah, totally unlike MMOs)

- "storytelling" on rails (yep, can't allow branching storyline in MMO, too many variables, too many people)

1-year development for a price of full game. Another milestone btw.

Oh, and one more: DAII was the title with really obnoxious PR - starting with Awesome Button weirdo, followed by"choices & consequences" (lol), then nice attention divert with homophobes (like it wasn't created to put BW in a position of a white knight and haters in position of you-know-what), with 4chan conspiracy theories, with RPGCodex...geez. Damage control at its finest. Sounds familiar already? Something like "you will get nothing like Ending 1,2,3 in Mass Effect 3, we aim higher!" or any PR gibberish about TOR?

Something tells me BW would benefit from focusing on developing actual games rather than on spin.

Edited by Ferthcott

more Devs is not what we need on swtor...more "experienced" Devs is the key. It is getting hopeless for every patch since 1.2, there must be something broken or pretended they fixed something :mad: I hope all these weekly broken bit and pieces are not the new mini-game of swtor

The devs that were meant to work on the third instalment of the Dragon Age series have instead been moved to increase the overall resources to help develop content and fix bugs for SWTOR.

Could this mean quicker updates or a wider array of content in the same amount of time?

Link: http://www.develop-online.net/news/40736/Pachter-Dragon-Age-3-devs-loaned-to-SWTOR

Dragon age 3!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by DarthNiktu

This is just pathetic, more they fix, more they broke. Elder Scroll Online needs to come fast.

Every single post I have ever seen you post has been about The Elder Scrolls Online, quick question, do you work for ZeniMax?

Every single post I have ever seen you post has been about The Elder Scrolls Online, quick question, do you work for ZeniMax?

Stalker?

Leave the sinking ship. Elder Scroll Online is going to be big like this game, probably bigger, as its franchise goes all way back to 90s, and Skyrim sold 6 month copies just first month.

Edited by BlueFromMoon

Stalker?

Leave the sinking ship. Elder Scroll Online is going to be big like this game, probably bigger, as its franchise goes all way back to 90s, and Skyrim sold 6 month copies just first month.

No, because I've seen you spam that in every thread I read in regards to population.

More core Bioware team people working on the game is good news to me.

I was worried when i heard about the merge with Mythic, the team behind Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online - their art style and game concepts dont match my personal taste, plus they dont hold a record of AA games like core Bioware does. So having more Bioware core team working on this may make this game more Bioware - wich at the moment we see more in the story line and its cinematics then in the rest.

Also, for the sake of the very core Bioware team, its good to remember that Bioware Austin was created to make this MMO, so even if its very likely it includes the kotor team, or part of it, its comprised of new people hired fresh for this.

I like Dragon Age, but I dont mind waiting if it means they will improve sotor so i like it as much as the other licences, something in one hand I do, but on the other i dont (I want to like it as much but i'm failing atm).

Stalker?

ES:O is going to fail, and fail hard. The game will be absolutely nothing like Oblivion and Skyrim, let alone Arena, Daggerfall, or Morrowind. I wouldn't pin my hopes on it.

And this thread title is completely misleading. Not even the analyst said it was fact, it's just a possibility. EA delayed a title, they never said anything about it being related to BioWare, Dragon Age, or SW:ToR. And I doubt moving a handful of Canadian developers onto SW:ToR is going to get any meaningful content out the door any sooner so as to be financially relevant.

Isn't that like saying that a truck is loosely based on a car from a manufacturers point of view?

They have a combustion engine and four wheels, are you saying they're... somehow... not the same thing? ;)

franchise goes all way back to 90s
you must be born after the year 2000 :rolleyes:

lol how long do you think star wars hae been around.Elder Scroll ip is a tiny turd compared to the star wars ip.

Edited by Sireene
rude

And the same successes that created Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Dragon Age: Origins and to a lesser extent Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 (depending on your view) can carry over as well, I am simply stoked at the idea of having David Gaider on board if he has indeed switched over.

And I actually liked Dragon Age II, not as good as Origins, but was still a nice tide over.

i agree, DA2 was ok, not very good or better then origins, but it wasnt a bad game overall. Just not what people expected given Dragon age origins.

To be honest i dont know what to think on this, i should be glad, for swtor sake i supose, however i was kinda expecting a DA3 with more in touch with DA origins, if the rumors were true. It was something to look forward if indeed they changed alot of things in the franchise, to be more true to the original score.

Also another thing im looking forward is this :D Baldusr gate enchanced edition on the making.

http://www.baldursgate.com/news/category/all/

Edited by Spartanik

Stalker?

Some people never learn to stop having unreasonable expectations. You will be disappointed with Elder Scrolls Online. Not because it will be bad, but because it won't be what you expect it to be.

I'm just letting you know now, so that you have 1 year to prepare emotionally and mentally for the disappointment.

Edited by ConradLionhart

So, these devs from Dragon Age 3, do they have a clue? I mean as opposed to the ones SWTOR has now. Because our current devs are obviously clueless. If they are just increasing the number of clueless devs at work, I fail to see how this should inspire confidence. Even if these devs have a clue, if they aren't put in a position where they can over-ride something the clueless ones have done, nothing much will come of it.

I guess EA works from a quantity not quality point of view.

I loved Dragon Age Origins AND Dragon Age 2.

My only complaint against DA2 was that the whole game took place in one city, and the zones all looked very similar. I still enjoyed the story, and I even thought the graphics were more my style. The combat system was also revamped to be more console friendly which I appreciated being that I owned a PS3 copy.

Edited by implementofwar

You work for Bioware/EA I take it. No reason to hate Elder Scroll Online, dude.

I am not hating it, I just don't know why you keep posting about it.

I doubt I'll like it anywhere near as much as Morrowind, but I'll give it a shot.

I am not hating it, I just don't know why you keep posting about it.

I doubt I'll like it anywhere near as much as Morrowind, but I'll give it a shot.

Even the BBC are on about it. :eek:

Edited by Goretzu