Why don't I get credit in PvE for failing operations?

ZeusThunder

I can get a full set of top tier PvP gear and never win a single match, but the same isn't true of PvE. If I never kill a single operation or flashpoint boss I don't get any loot at all. Why the difference?

You get weapons and armors and pets and vehicles for a lot lot lot less effort and grind in PVE than PVP

You get more money from PVE for the time put in compared to what you make credit wise from PVPing

you can get schematics from PVE i cant from PVP

you get less chance of losing and a predictable win in PVE you cant get from PVP

you dont have a premade group of elite bosses all using comms to beat in PVE we do in PVP

you earn tokens and loot from PVE i only earn warzone comms from PVP

want me to carry on ?

Edited by Alpha-Llama

I have been in pick up raids that cleared Ops and those are guys I wouldn't feel confident even against the generic opposition (no killer premade involved) in a WZ.

Yes there's obviously a risk of getting nothing for PvE too if you truly suck, but when you do win in PvE the payoff is considerably better than PvP, and if you can win once in PvE you pretty much should always win in future attempts, while there is no way you can say that with PvP.

Last I checked I could pug 7 people into a WZ and win most of my matches, yet need 7/15 of my guildies just to be able to make decent atttempts on operations.

Hmmm... yea PvP is os much harder than pve.

OK then, you found out the secret- pvp is easier than pve.

Good thing you can become a pvper since the only thing you care about is the gear, and you can get your EZ mode WH gear in four weeks of 6 hours a week play like you can with campaign gear.

Well, go ahead- start pvping. In the mean time, let's petition BW to make it so rather than getting drops from operations- you only get the commendations for getting ops gear- so after twenty hours or so of doing operations you can get one piece of campaign gear.

Good thing you can become a pvper since the only thing you care about is the gear, and you can get your EZ mode WH gear in four weeks of 6 hours a week play like you can with campaign gear.

Well, go ahead- start pvping. In the mean time, let's petition BW to make it so rather than getting drops from operations- you only get the commendations for getting ops gear- so after twenty hours or so of doing operations you can get one piece of campaign gear.

Just gets better every time! No real concept!............

Is it even physically possible to fail at an operation in this game?

it is if you're doing the new one, Denova is the only skilled PVE content in the game besides Lost Island. Very demanding mechanics tied with much tighter enrage timers, people clearing NMM of KP and EV are in for a shocker when they set foot in E C

When people intentionally create a thread that is intended to cause harm to the game action should be taken.

I suggest that when people create drama to amuse themselves that a social points or legacy level deduction be made from their ingame chars.

Or

an alternate method of dealing with transparent attempts to cause the game/community harm could be be dealt with by forums bans or restrictions.

I can get a full set of top tier PvP gear and never win a single match, but the same isn't true of PvE. If I never kill a single operation or flashpoint boss I don't get any loot at all. Why the difference?

Because when you lose on an operation, the Boss does not get better gear that increases the difficulty of the operation you just lost.

While we are at it, lets put a 7 day lock out on each WZ. So you play 4 wz's and you are done for the week.

Fail analogy is fail.

And anyways, there is an, I think, weekly that you can qualify for while still failling the operation.

Because operations are not getting harder and harder everytime you fail an attempt. PvP losing over and over means the enemies who are winning again and again get better and better equipment. If losing meant no rewards, the gap between winners and losers would widen until it became insurmountable.

I think i should be able to pre-chose any ingame rewards upon login, both pve and pvp. Then there should be a terminal on my ship that enables me to chose an Operation, Flashpoint, World Boss or Warzone.

Once i chose one of the above, it plays up a video of me and anyone im grouped with - defeating the opponent(s) in said scenario. The video shouldn't be longer then a few minutes though, as i dont have all day to stay online!

After the video, the rewards along with 40-50k credits, should be instantly delivered to my inventory.

It would be awesome if this could be done with a standalone application, preferably on Iphone, so i can use this feature while doing other stuff on my computer!

Thanks!

I think i should be able to pre-chose any ingame rewards upon login, both pve and pvp. Then there should be a terminal on my ship that enables me to chose an Operation, Flashpoint, World Boss or Warzone.

Once i chose one of the above, it plays up a video of me and anyone im grouped with - defeating the opponent(s) in said scenario. The video shouldn't be longer then a few minutes though, as i dont have all day to stay online!

After the video, the rewards along with 40-50k credits, should be instantly delivered to my inventory.

It would be awesome if this could be done with a standalone application, preferably on Iphone, so i can use this feature while doing other stuff on my computer!

Thanks!

Enjoyed that