Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Powertech PVP - Damage Video

Wrestle

Yeah the word is out now. There is at least 6 PT's in 3 different WZ's this morning. It makes me sad that I actually rolled one of these classes before the FoTM came a long.

PT has been called FoTM for a loooooooooooooong time. The reason there isn't tons on most servers with any sort of real PvP scene is cause the class is so easy to destroy.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PT has been called FoTM for a loooooooooooooong time. The reason there isn't tons on most servers with any sort of real PvP scene is cause the class is so easy to destroy.

Well I never seen a influx of them till now. Sure it's easy to destroy a PT.. 2-3 PT's single target firing you is a different story.

Well either way 400k from 2-3 months is plain crazy. I'm sure PVP balance played into that a bit.
thats nothing, they lose 400k, and gained millions from the over seas subs, also believe it or not americans are the only ones that cry alot on mmo forums and such. When i play Korean games they just adapt and move on, we Americans cry because we feel like we are privileged, true story. IE that korean game Aion for instance they nerfed some of the classes to crap imo, and also it was a grind to get pvp gear and yet all the Korean players were just rewriting handbooks and guilds how to **** face. On the american forums they were all threatening to quit, that game is still around btw, if we all unsub right now between the new countries and the brits that play bioware will be fine financially, starwars is a world wide franchise, thats why i lol when people threten to leave rather than adapt.

Not saying he isn't a good player, but PT is honestly one of the easier classes to play. This DPS is sick. I'm sorry but Sorcerer/Mer/Commando DPS isn't anywhere near as good as this or the other ACs atm.

Yea that's why PTs are just everywhere you look, whereas you rarely see a sorc or a marau/sent :-)

Annihilation spec Marauder

Valor rank 90+

Full Augmented War Hero minus belt/bracers/relics

1270 Expertise

25.34% damage reduction from armor

5% defense chance

18000 HP depending on gear/buff combos (can break 21k but i don't normally run that combo except in huttball)

Exphryl regularly crits me for 5.5+K

I'm not a bad player, I know how to use my defense properly, it doesn't happen when I use all my defense, am guarded, sorc bubbled, he's taunted, withered, cc'd and the stars are properly aligned... but it does happen often, don't always have my defense up, don't always have a healbot/tankbot. Exphryl knows how to play his class very well, he's modded his gear properly to fit his play-style, he is basically a burst machine.

If you're not getting similar numbers because everyone on your server is better than everyone on every other server, that is awesome, we're all really proud of your server for being the best server in all of swtor and I recommend you print out copies of your posts and have your mother hang them on your refrigerator so the neighbors can see. However, I would venture to guess you're probably just not as skilled, geared, modded, buffed on your powertech which is fine... I just wouldn't advertise it to the entire game community if it were me.

I just saw this on youtube. Man I wish Mercs were even remotely close to this in DPS. Whats also crazy is all of the DPS is while being fully mobile, while the merc is an interuptable turret with hideous DPS.

What the freaking hell, he kills people in 6 seconds, UN-BELIEVABLE !!!

Poping adrenals and damage boosting ability's and filming 15 sec clips while your buffed out hitting harder then normal shows what exactly? One button wonder class is one button wonder class. The worst part is how terrible the people he was killing were.

You could do the same thing with any DPS class, pop all your ability's and hit hard for 15 secs. Obvious sign of a pro! Watch out!! I'm sure all the DERPS out there will start QQing and cry about PTs being OP - but they aren't. They are butter. Leave em alone!

Who you calling a derp exactly? *** does this have to do with skill? You're dead in 3 gcds....lol. And at least half his opponents were in recruit/BM gear.

This cannot be done as a commando/merc, impossible.

Who you calling a derp exactly? *** does this have to do with skill? You're dead in 3 gcds....lol. And at least half his opponents were in recruit/BM gear.

This cannot be done as a commando/merc, impossible.

I can do this on my sage healer quite regularly. I pop all my adrenals and heal so much even people's hitpoints in other warzones goes up. :)

I can do this on my sage healer quite regularly. I pop all my adrenals and heal so much even people's hitpoints in other warzones goes up. :)

All 3 heal classes have weaknesses and advantages in pvp. And even though expertise affects Merc/Commando most and Sorc/Sage moreso than Ops/Scounds, I still see ops/scounds being the best all-around pvp healers even after everyone has full WH gear. Yes, Merc/Commando healers will still be the best clutch healers (being able to bring someone out of execution-range health value back to nearly full with a single heal is significant (albeit, requires very good timing and lots of experience in knowing how realy to activate a heal based on the rate of damage being dealt to their target). And although sorc/sage healers tend to be the easiest healers to counter, (squishiest, but 2nd best mobility, and bubbles act as proactive heals), they always have, and always will synnergise best with other healers (not to mention they can throw out more dps than ops/scounds/merc/commando healers due to the nature of their talents).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.