The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How many people can you kill before you die?

LancelotOC

On my sniper I can kill about 4 people before they come to get me. If a healer is around the number varies. How about you?

I'm a healer... I can't kill anyone.

There is a Sentinel on my server who I've seen go 50 kills and no deaths before.

Typically, my OPS Pooner while I was levelling her up would kill at about a 12 to 13 to one ratio. Much different now at 50.

The key is to kill and disappear immediately. You wont top the DP charts that way, but in theory you could kill a lot of people before getting caught in enough AOE's.

0 to 64

Depends on the type of WZ, my team, their team, and how many ppl I've pissed-off.

QFE.

You stun tag and vaporize a few guys in a row on a team that communicates and the next time I come out of cloak a million bolts of red green and purple crap comes flying at me.

Worst case I aim for a minimum of 1 kill per death, if I die I want someone to go with me. Assuming no heals (which I always do) on my powertech it's an average of 2, on my Sorc 3 (lightning draws a lot of attention), on my Sniper yeah around 4. I could probably live longer if I bought into the increasingly popular trend of running when health drops below say 30%, but I prefer to stick it out burn one down and just respawn. Can't tell you how many times I've lived through a fight I shouldn't have because the other guy tried to run.

QFE.

You stun tag and vaporize a few guys in a row on a team that communicates and the next time I come out of cloak a million bolts of red green and purple crap comes flying at me.

LOL....I did that one time. Well, sorta.

I had my heat stack at 5 so my PFT was ready to go. It was a huge fight inside one of the Shore Terminals, I popped my adrenals and hit my flamethrower. Then /say "Hit that Rez button <f-word for homosexual men>s!" (I killed 4 at the same time...keep in mind only 1 was actually attacking ME).

Well, they hit it, and then the four of them made it their lifes mission to chase me down. We won that match because their team pretty much forgot about the WZ and came at me. It was frustrating but funny as all hell.

Edited by Ossos

On my sniper I can kill about 4 people before they come to get me. If a healer is around the number varies. How about you?

Are we counting across multiple warzones?

Theoretically a sin or operative focused on NOT getting killed could kill a few per warzone with a reasonable expectation of no death. However, they would be contributing very little to the objectives game and score low on the medal count. A small price to pay for immortality.

The ratio goes down after a certain point, when people start recognizing you from game to game and realizing they have to blow you up before they lose their whole team.

In my mind the goal of all non healers is to be good enough that people consistently raid mark you =P

If I play focus on my guardian I can get maybe 1 kill in before I die. If a sorc or the equivalent of a sorc (which is 2-3 people hitting me at the same time) then I kill no one.

If I am playing as Vigilance I can sometimes get 1 to 1 ratio. With vigilance I live longer, but i dont do near the damage. I am one of the few that have stuck it out with guardian this long.....not sure why though. It seems pretty clear that BW is saying we made this class for people who have lower than average blood pressure so we can raise it to healthier levels.

But there should be a warning with this class, so that if your blood pressure is normal, it could be hazardous to your health to play this class.

if the 8 man composition is good/great, as a tankasin i can get minimum 40 kills and less than 4 deaths in the whole wz very often. not easily, just often: but having great heals and playing it safe as a group does that to you. on cancerous ordo last 3 novae coast i played the pubs didn't even show real opposition

so we all pretty much got such kill/death ratios.

Can go a whole warzone without dying. Matter of fact my entire team usually does the same

On my pre-50 Sniper, it totally depends on what I'm doing. If I'm defending at Void Star, I die a LOT because I usually end up just wanting to stop caps, and I get focus-fired quite rapidly. If I'm doing like Hutt Ball or attacking on Void Star, I end up doing considerably more damage with considerably less deaths because of it.

I haven't played my Marauder much since 1.2, but I could generally get pretty good ratios per game. Usually sat around 35-40 kills with about 5-10 deaths depending on which Warzone it was. I typically die the least in Hutt Ball though, because I don't have to commit suicide onto their entire team to stop them from capping.

Suicide runs 4tw!

I am a dps sage, I do not kill people, I annoy them long enough untill they focus train me everytime I spawn, even letting go of other targets or waiting right under the spawn just for me.