Is Bioware going to make an expansion pack?

What I would like to see:

Swtor: Jump to lightspeed

Space combat - styled after Star Wars: X-wing vs Tie-fighter (non-railed combat)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A planet expansion pack - an additional +5 planets (keeps the lvl cap at 50)

Edited by Brimmer

Space combat - styled after Star Wars: X-wing vs Tie-fighter (non-railed combat)

Really? We're just going to mosey now?

Swtor: Jump to LUDICROUS SPEED!

Now that's an expansion!

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

Very good chance they will maybe a year from now. But till they get this current version stable can not believe they have even started it.

they have actually said back when I was in the beta they already started the VO recording and programming for the first expansion but not to expect it till at least a year after release...

there would be two different groups doing work on an expansion and working on the current client so neither would affect the development of the other...

At this point I would'nt buy it anyway. Between now and the next expansion...BioWare has got to prove to me they are willing to make the right changes and additions for me to continue my sub, let alone buy a expansion.

• 2 weeks later...

If an expansion came out I would like it to contain:

1) Acces to new planets such as: Dagobah and Felucia

2) new races and classes

3) New warzones, seriously this is IMPORTANT it I know you added Novare Coast, but come on one isn't gonna cut it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More like:

Swtor: Jump to FTP!

Wow, can you imagine if they didn't? That'd be such an embarrassment to BW and EA that they'll release an expo pack even if it's half-baked just to show they didn't launch and abandon such a huge MMO platform. BW would lose a lot of credibility if they didn't launch an expo pack - so yeah it'll happen.

I would pay full price for that first expansion but not the second unless theres a cap increase.

EDIT Heck i'd pay collectors edition prices for a SWG style space system.

Edited by Elmillia

The game still needs to make a return on investment then start paying Lucas Arts their license fees. So EA may approach this in a variety of ways. One would be to push out massive content expansions in an attempt to move units/box sales and regain lost customers. Another is to just go free-to-play and hope that model proves rapidly lucrative (I think the approach Turbine uses for LOTRO would do wonders for this game).

Unless they expect to sell it purely online, they're going to have to increase the user base for retailers to actually be willing to put it on shelves. There is no DA2 Ultimate Edition because retailers refused to waste shelf space on the game.

Well, given how much this game does honestly copy from other sources.

I think we can make some modest safe predictions.

#1: New Planets, probably 2-4 new end-game planets, maybe another leveling planet or two to improve alt leveling being so "straight line".

#2: Level cap raised to 60, new planets will have the new leveling area, say 3-4 levels per planet.

#3: New End-Game FPs and story, Chapter 4 for all classes.

#4: 1-2 New Warzone maps.

That would be my guess. I wouldn't hold your breathe for X-Wing vs TIE space combat, as amazing as that would be.

The game still needs to make a return on investment then start paying Lucas Arts their license fees. So EA may approach this in a variety of ways. One would be to push out massive content expansions in an attempt to move units/box sales and regain lost customers. Another is to just go free-to-play and hope that model proves rapidly lucrative (I think the approach Turbine uses for LOTRO would do wonders for this game).

Coming over from Lotro I would say that would be one of the fastest ways to get me to seek out other games. As with any game that goes ftp the growing store influence just kills enjoyment. Even when not on the scale of pay2win there still becomes quite intrusive ways to nickel and dime you.

When it comes to MMOs I'm going to stick with the monthly "know what you get" option for as long as humanly possible.

Coming over from Lotro I would say that would be one of the fastest ways to get me to seek out other games. As with any game that goes ftp the growing store influence just kills enjoyment. Even when not on the scale of pay2win there still becomes quite intrusive ways to nickel and dime you.

When it comes to MMOs I'm going to stick with the monthly "know what you get" option for as long as humanly possible.

I agree on this as well. Their store started out well and good. with mostly cosmetic "convenience" items for sale. But, they soon found out that balance of raids suffered because of purchaseable pots and such. The store is plastered all over everything in the game too. In my opinion TOR should stay as is in this regard.

The game is dying and will be dead once GW2 comes out ... BW knows this and that's why its delaying any major expansions (they just wont do it) like server merges and rated WZ ... its too late already ... its a bad sign when 400,000 subs have left already. I can totally feel it on ajunta pall ... my RL coworker doesnt log on anymore, all our hawaii guild players are inactive and there were 7 people in fleet on sunday night ... pathetic!

The game is dying and will be dead once GW2 comes out ... BW knows this and that's why its delaying any major expansions (they just wont do it) like server merges and rated WZ ... its too late already ... its a bad sign when 400,000 subs have left already. I can totally feel it on ajunta pall ... my RL coworker doesnt log on anymore, all our hawaii guild players are inactive and there were 7 people in fleet on sunday night ... pathetic!

I wonder if you go back through the last 7-8 years how many different incarnations of "Game X is dying and Game Y will finish it off for good" there have been posted