1.3 Legacy unlocks are per character??

DarthDemens

So, I was looking around the "Coming Soon" legacy unlocks when I noticed something that gave me pause. There's a little popup that shows up when you mouseover the "Coming in Game Update 1.3" text.

Character perks are traits available for purchase once you hit certain legacy levels. Unlike global unlocks, perks only affect the character that purchases them. They offer your character bonuses to advancement, travel and crafting improvements, and much more!

So it's not enough that we have to spend insane money on server unlocks. Next time we get to unlock them for each individual character!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was looking around the "Coming Soon" legacy unlocks when I noticed something that gave me pause. There's a little popup that shows up when you mouseover the "Coming in Game Update 1.3" text.

So it's not enough that we have to spend insane money on server unlocks. Next time we get to unlock them for each individual character!

I hope not with the prices the'd ruin the game for me

Well.... let's see, I want to level an alt doing WZ, so I buy that "perk" for him/her, next I want to level another doing space missions so I buy that for him/her.... If these were global unlock by the 3rd or 4th toon it would be:

- Create toon - insta 50!

I can see why it's per character... if you want to have ALL the perks for one character, well, you'll have to spend serious dough, this "perks" are meant to help, not do the job for you.

Well.... let's see, I want to level an alt doing WZ, so I buy that "perk" for him/her, next I want to level another doing space missions so I buy that for him/her.... If these were global unlock by the 3rd or 4th toon it would be:

- Create toon - insta 50!

I can see why it's per character... if you want to have ALL the perks for one character, well, you'll have to spend serious dough, this "perks" are meant to help, not do the job for you.

The problem is that this is an entire system designed to encourage rolling alts. But I don't want to create alts if I'm going to have to buy unlocks for every single one of them. I could see the point of the XP boosts, I guess (although I still think it'd be better to make them global and not require players to do as many of the same sidequests). But the increased sprint speed? The affection gains?

All this does is put a credit cost on not repeating content. Don't want to do the sidequests for the 3rd time? Use some credits and do space instead. Don't want to do them a 4th time? More credits. 5th? More credits.

The problem is that this is an entire system designed to encourage rolling alts. But I don't want to create alts if I'm going to have to buy unlocks for every single one of them. I could see the point of the XP boosts, I guess (although I still think it'd be better to make them global and not require players to do as many of the same sidequests). But the increased sprint speed? The affection gains?

All this does is put a credit cost on not repeating content. Don't want to do the sidequests for the 3rd time? Use some credits and do space instead. Don't want to do them a 4th time? More credits. 5th? More credits.

You don't "have" to buy anything.

There should be a perk to gain more credits per encounter, and a perk to gain more credits per junk sold, and a perk to get a daily "allowance" of credits, so maybe my poor jedi can finally afford some nice things instead of being stuck in a virtual poorhouse. :p

If Bioware gave you all of these perks for nothing, how long before you'd be screaming "What now Bioware?!? I have all that! When's my new shineys gonna be here?!?!"

People were complaining that there was no grind, no carrot on a stick, nothing for them to strive for, etc. Legacy gives you that. If you want to unlock all of these things, it will take time to grind out the legacy level and credits. If you don't want to do it, no worries. All Legacy perks are optional and do not add a competitive advantage at all.

You ignored the rest of the post, where I specifically stated that I "have" to buy something "IF" I don't want to do 95% of the same quests again.

I wasn't aware that purchasing Legacy perks was mandatory. My bad.

If Bioware gave you all of these perks for nothing, how long before you'd be screaming "What now Bioware?!? I have all that! When's my new shineys gonna be here?!?!"

People were complaining that there was no grind, no carrot on a stick, nothing for them to strive for, etc. Legacy gives you that. If you want to unlock all of these things, it will take time to grind out the legacy level and credits. If you don't want to do it, no worries. All Legacy perks are optional and do not add a competitive advantage at all.

I'm not entirely sure people were actively wanting to have unlimited mindless grind per character. :D

(and it's slightly against the legacy system anyway, they'd have been better off going with a per character AA system if they were intending to do this)

Edited by Goretzu

So a feature that is intended to make rolling and levelling alts less punishing

Is now more punishing when you want to roll and level alts.

BIOWARE LOGIC

inorite?! It's like they're trying to drive players off.

Does seem a bit ridiculous. Everything contained in the Legacy system should be account-wide, not per-character stuff. That defeats the whole point of it.

If it's per-character it shouldn't be in Legacy, it should be in a Vendor at the Fleet.

It's not.

Wow.. yeah.. I just checked and I didn't realize it was that ENTIRE coming soon page... I don't see how that should even fall under Legacy at all then. I'll still buy it on my main, but damn.

Hmm, I think the idea for it being "per character" was that you may want different XP bonuses for each of your characters -- for example, on one you might want to do a ton of PvP, and on another you may prefer focusing on the story quests. Maybe the XP bonuses will be big enough that having multiple XP bonuses on a character will make them level SUPER fast?

If this is indeed the case, I am ok with XP boost unlocks being per character . . . if the price isn't too high, that is. Grinding dailies (for credits) to avoid grinding sidequests on my alt? Not sure it'd be worth it to me. At least the credits the alt earns doing sidequests I will get to keep and use to improve the character. :p

If this is indeed the case, I am ok with XP boost unlocks being per character . . . if the price isn't too high, that is. Grinding dailies (for credits) to avoid grinding sidequests on my alt? Not sure it'd be worth it to me. At least the credits the alt earns doing sidequests I will get to keep and use to improve the character. :p

Exactly. Grinding credits to avoid sidequests on all my alts: Worth it. Grinding credits for each individual alt: Not worth it.