The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

i dont think you people are thinking this through.

SERVER TRANSFERS WILL NOT FIX ANYTHING

people will just xfer over to what they PERCEIVE as a high pop server causing queues and chaos.

what we really need is forced server MERGERS. thats the only way to ensure healthy populations on all servers not just fatman and the other 4.

also, bioware is the only ones with official population data and thus must be the ones to take responsibility for healthy server pops AKA, SERVER MERGERS.

This right here. Maybe its an argument of semantics but In the end we need to go from X number of servers to Y number of servers, where Y<X. I made a post a while ago about whether SWTOR is on pace with other MMOs in regards to certain game additions and right now is about when RIFT began its server mergers. Rift is down to 15 servers that seem to be well populated during peak times. I consider peak times to be 5-11pm est.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think you people are thinking this through.

SERVER TRANSFERS WILL NOT FIX ANYTHING

people will just xfer over to what they PERCEIVE as a high pop server causing queues and chaos.

what we really need is forced server MERGERS. thats the only way to ensure healthy populations on all servers not just fatman and the other 4.

also, bioware is the only ones with official population data and thus must be the ones to take responsibility for healthy server pops AKA, SERVER MERGERS.

I am not a fan of huge red lettering..but I have to agree with you.. transfers might bandaid heal the issue for a week or two.. but in the end it wont fix it..mergers will

You really want them to rush on this? It is pretty important that they get this feature right. You do not want to make a transfer and find out your character is missing somewhere and cannot play it.

This is not a feature you want bugs in, so yes it should be delayed as much as possible so it is RIGHT.

Yes, its not like they could have done this before launch or worked on this when players flagged it.

Anyway, I am almost done with this game, not liking how they treating me.

really? REALLY? you want me to give up on the last remaining IP I actually care about after lotr and final fantasy?

not.

gonna.

happen.

this is not 'just some MMO' for me.

Word! FFXI for 7 years on Ragnarok server. Represent!

There's at least 3 good games comming out this year the server transfers planned for summer will be to late, most of us will move on.

I spend more time in forums than I do the game because there's more ppl here.

Personally, I was going to get GW2 and continue playing SWTOR also, but that isn't going to happen, I'll unsub soon as I get GW2. I am bearly playing SWTOR now any way because there isn't any one on.

This ^

You're being naive. The tech is there. The only reason they are holding it back is to wait for summer breaks to start so they can see how much of the population comes back to properly decide which servers need the free transfer, otherwise they'll be in the exact same situation as they are now.

.....Fact....

Agreed, server transfers now please, summer is too late. There is currently no reason at all for me to log in to a server with maybe 100 people total at peak times. I certainly have no intention to subbing again until i can move to a more populated server and move for free. I will not pay you even more on top of my monthly fee to fix a problem you created.

Right now I'm playing an alt with a friend in an attempt to get him to 50 so I have someone to do dailies with on my main. I think I've been the lone person on Ilum every single time I've been on that planet, with the exception of one afternoon that there were (gasp) 4 people on Ilum.

The server population issue is the primary reason SWTOR is failing. I love the game its fun, I love the PVP, the FPs this is a really good game, the graffics are great. Heck, I even rerolled on a populated server so I have a population to play with. It is a really fun game. I played the GW2 beta weekend last weekend and it was fun, not sure it is any better than SWTOR but when it launches I will likely drop SWTOR. For these reasons.

Load Screens are way to freaking long. I have a mid range computer 4g mem and a 1g graffix card. GW2 played effortlessly, yet each world I load on SWTOR to takes forever, I can only PVP from my ship or from fleet, all the worlds load times are frustratingly long.

Server populations and no free transfers. Sorry they have stated that some moves will be free and others charged. HUH? So at some point in the future, I can transfer, but your going to charge for it? DON"T THEY REALIZE HOW BAD THE SERVER POPS ARE? :rak_02: I can understand charging for if the servers were decent but they are not. Even on my busy server, its numbers are dropping. It just makes me sad, because the game is really fun. The worlds are great, the PvP is great.

Finally, GW2 does not charge a montly sub. That will make it exponentially cheaper to play. Had SWTOR had their game ready when launched and had they been willing to address some of these major issues, I likely would not have even played the Beta weekend. Heck I think the graffix are better with SWTOR, I like the lore in SWTOR, I like the trinity of most MMOs, not convinced GW2 is the epic game changer by anymeans. But I buy the box and play...

Oh and they will start off allowing server transfers...

I am not a fan of huge red lettering..but I have to agree with you.. transfers might bandaid heal the issue for a week or two.. but in the end it wont fix it..mergers will

I have 10 characters created on 2 servers - this already means those servers cannot be merged without rising character limit. Depending on total character limit several people could create more then 4 on every server making them unmergable. Bioware cannot automatically decide which of your characters go where - everyone gets to decide for himself using transfers.

The server population issue is the primary reason SWTOR is failing. I love the game its fun, I love the PVP, the FPs this is a really good game, the graffics are great. Heck, I even rerolled on a populated server so I have a population to play with. It is a really fun game. I played the GW2 beta weekend last weekend and it was fun, not sure it is any better than SWTOR but when it launches I will likely drop SWTOR. For these reasons.

Load Screens are way to freaking long. I have a mid range computer 4g mem and a 1g graffix card. GW2 played effortlessly, yet each world I load on SWTOR to takes forever, I can only PVP from my ship or from fleet, all the worlds load times are frustratingly long.

Server populations and no free transfers. Sorry they have stated that some moves will be free and others charged. HUH? So at some point in the future, I can transfer, but your going to charge for it? DON"T THEY REALIZE HOW BAD THE SERVER POPS ARE? :rak_02: I can understand charging for if the servers were decent but they are not. Even on my busy server, its numbers are dropping. It just makes me sad, because the game is really fun. The worlds are great, the PvP is great.

Finally, GW2 does not charge a montly sub. That will make it exponentially cheaper to play. Had SWTOR had their game ready when launched and had they been willing to address some of these major issues, I likely would not have even played the Beta weekend. Heck I think the graffix are better with SWTOR, I like the lore in SWTOR, I like the trinity of most MMOs, not convinced GW2 is the epic game changer by anymeans. But I buy the box and play...

Oh and they will start off allowing server transfers...

I only agree with the lack of players to play with and loading screens, i stopped at GW2 fanboism.

Anyway I voted with my wallet out today. too bad cause i like this game, but I cringe everytime i have to play against my own faction or see empty chat, or see same old faces in wzs. And yes i rerolled about 3 times and played on different servers. The only one that was a good choice was Fatman us, but since I don't like pings of 110ish ms I stopped. Do not have time to waste on gearing up characters that will just stand around in fleet all day. I guess its back to BF3 and some other outside gaming hobbies.

I have already uninstalled and I have 80 days of game time left, no one was ever logging in in my guild and no pugs were even happening.

It's a shame a good game died because nobody logs into play or even wants to play anymore.

I'm terrified of transfers. I'm scared it will completely numb my server down to death. Then I'm stuck in a hard place, because I have all the character names I wanted, and when/if I have to move, blamo, I've done lost my characters names(most important part to me!!). Dunno what I'm ganna do ><

This is not funny BioWare. People will run from SWTOR when they saw that servers are dead. We need more servers like The Fatman, or Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Basilisk Droid have problem with population, and my guild (100 members) don't want to play on this server anymore. If you will not solve the problem quickly 50% will leave, and 30 will reroll on other servers. After that i think that many will go to Diablo 3 or GW2 ;p

I have been reading this thread and several others and I honestly knew my server was slowing down but never really put the time in to see how many people really were online prime time est. well the verdict is waiting until early summer which really means mid to late summer dev time is a major mistake on their part. I wont be leaving so don't imply it but they need to put full resources into pushing server merges and server transfers ASAP like end of May no later.

Honestly I would gladly wait until Mid June for 1.3 to go live just to see them deal with the server issue. It is a real problem and will only speed people leaving.

Okay, let's say they rushed the transfers.

Oops, all your characters get deleted. We can rebuild them. We have the technology. Several weeks later after many other "accidents" suffered by other players during transfer, your characters are restored. Will you still be subscribed then?

As such BioWare wants to take all the time it needs to ensure that the transfers lead to as few problems as possible.

The problem with this argument is that you're assuming that the delay is due to a competent reason on BW's part. Given the state of the game currently, that's just silly. :rak_03:

I cancelled for the same reason...dead server. I rerolled on a more populated server but I miss my original character (IA). Anyway just poking my head in here to see if there has been any moves on BW's part to fix the issue. Summer is not acceptable. Enjoying TERA now actually.

I play on Republic on The Deadweight (US) and I approve this thread's message.

Yesterday evening there was only 2 people on the Fleet, and I was the only one on Balmorra for days.

I tried out The Fatman (US), and with the high population there, it feels like the ultimate SWTOR experience, but it's only one of the very few servers that has that experience. Something must be done very, very soon.

EDIT: This is my very first time posting on the forums; I've occassionally lurked, but this thread has made me want to login and make my first post. This is a movement I support, and hope the right people are reading this thread.

Edited by JudasMagnus

They need to move fast, that's for sure ...

But what I don't get...is why they have been getting away with this for so long. Dead servers yet people are STILL logging in to play (and are paying for the pleasure of doing so!). A total mystery to me.

But what I don't get...is why they have been getting away with this for so long. Dead servers yet people are STILL logging in to play (and are paying for the pleasure of doing so!). A total mystery to me.

Some of us really love the PvP. I want this game to succeed. However, I am getting extremely frustrated and bored. When I contacted CS to complain about low population, I was told they do not have control over who logs in to play...

People can only go and watch Star Wars so many times before they want to come and live in the Star Wars universe.. then they remember they're alone and have nothing to do but wait for BioWare to pull their heads out of their SESSA.

Also some people payed for 6 month subs, they might have nothing better to do than log in and do nothing.

Some of us really love the PvP. I want this game to succeed. However, I am getting extremely frustrated and bored. When I contacted CS to complain about low population, I was told they do not have control over who logs in to play...

Well of course they don't. I swear sometimes....i dont get it...its obvious that can't control that. WHY would you do that?