BW is being strangely silent about 1.3

NDiggy

Actually, it isn't impossible. Reread the definition you yourself quoted for whine, specifically the very last line in your quote.

To complain with a "whine" requires a tonal inflection. Is it that hard to read the definition?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To complain with a "whine" requires a tonal inflection. Is it that hard to read the definition?

"... or as if with a whine."

The only one having a hard time with the definition is you. :rolleyes:

1.2 just came out. It's a bit premature to be worried about 1.3. Which is probably why they haven't said anything.

I just want 1 thing from 1.3: the new LFG tool. This way, it can fail, as it will being single server, and they can get to work on the one that will replace it in a few months, X-server.

1.2 might have just come out.. but there are guilds that cleared the new ops in hard modes in week 2 if not week 1.

they will probably have their main and alt fully geared in about 6 weeks so what to do now?

for all their hype about the legacy system it has done pretty much 0 for me or any of my friends.

After how much they tooted their own horn about how great 1.2 would be and all the things it would feature, BW has been strangely silent about 1.3. Anyone else think this doesn't bode well for 1.3?

I just started playing about a week before 1.2 and after reading what they where saying, thought it was going to be the greatest thing ever. I was disappointed lol I mean what is Legacy? Novelty items that cost millions of credits.

OMG MORE DOOOOOOOOOM

Look out, that big blue thing overhead is lowering its altitude at a rapid pace!

Or... not...

That's my mom. Choking on a twix. Falling out of a plane. Quit being ridiculous. GAWD!

Indeed, they've actually been very vocal about what 1.3 will have. They explained much in the Q&A, you also had a preview of the legacy stuff actually in-game and we've had comments dropped here and there. But as they said, they want to get 1.3 out fast and keep it focussed on expanding existing features. Some might say that 1.3 will be a 'Quality of Life' update since its dealing with the general enjoyment of the game rather than adding new content.

They did say they intend to add a new flashpoint every time they do an update however. So that appears to be about the only new content we can expect.

If they was realy interested in quality of life for players they would have transfers in 1.3 As atm thats the biggest issue facing the game

Its been almost 1 month since the release of 1.2, and BW has said to expect monthly content updates. 1.3 should be right around the corner, but we've yet to hear anything about it.

1. I don't remember them saying anything about monthly updates, but if they did, they've failed massively so we already know they're no longer on an every month update schedule. It took a bit over one month for the first update, then 2.5ish for the 2nd.

2. It's only been a little over 1/2 a month (~20 days). So I wouldn't expect 1.3 to be "right around the corner". I'd expect another month at least, if not 2. Probably June or July.

3. Pretty sure it took longer than a month after 1.1 for them to be saying ANYTHING about 1.2. I don't remember any 1.2 stuff at all until March, and certainly no "hoopla and saber waving" until practically April.

1. I don't remember them saying anything about monthly updates, but if they did, they've failed massively so we already know they're no longer on an every month update schedule. It took a bit over one month for the first update, then 2.5ish for the 2nd.

"Ohlen told the Boston-area convention attendees, "We have our update 1.2 coming in the next week, and then after that, it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.""

http://swtor.magelo.com/en/news/39341/BioWare-SWTOR-Patch-1.2-to-Launch-This-Week

2. It's only been a little over 1/2 a month (~20 days). So I wouldn't expect 1.3 to be "right around the corner". I'd expect another month at least, if not 2. Probably June or July.

Should be mid to late May given their timetable, plus they said to expect ranked WZs prior to 1.3

3. Pretty sure it took longer than a month after 1.1 for them to be saying ANYTHING about 1.2. I don't remember any 1.2 stuff at all until March, and certainly no "hoopla and saber waving" until practically April.

They started plugging 1.2 pretty hard a few weeks after 1.1 dropped. The Guild Summit was the end of February/beginning of March, and they were dropping info in bits and pieces in the weeks preceding that. We probably had two months of propaganda leading up to 1.2 before it went live.

Any "leaner" [than 1.2] and it'll be anemic...1.2 pretended to be a lot...it ended up being just a lot of hype.

well said. So far the only benefits I experienced were the customizable GUI and better textures, also the new warzone.

The legacy stuff is way too expensive to afford if you don't play the whole day.Huge disappointment, I thought legacy levels unlock stuff, not legacy levels plus a damn freaking million credits! :eek:

"Ohlen told the Boston-area convention attendees, "We have our update 1.2 coming in the next week, and then after that, it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.""

http://swtor.magelo.com/en/news/39341/BioWare-SWTOR-Patch-1.2-to-Launch-This-Week

I hadn't seen that quote, but even so, call me overcautious about getting my expectations up, but I'd be inclined to argue that "it's going to continue to roll out month after month" doesn't neccessarily mean there will be major feature update every month like clockwork, but rather a continual stream of updates, which may (or may not) be major feature ones. 'Course much of that would be based on what question he was responding to, or the rest of the context of what he was waying, which isn't mentioned in that article.

Pretty sure they also said mid-late march that they only have plans up 'till 1.4, and I'd *really* hope they're looking farther ahead than 2-3 months. I'd hope at LEAST half a year.

They started plugging 1.2 pretty hard a few weeks after 1.1 dropped. The Guild Summit was the end of February/beginning of March, and they were dropping info in bits and pieces in the weeks preceding that. We probably had two months of propaganda leading up to 1.2 before it went live.

And we've had hints and bits of info and pieces about 1.3 before 1.2 even dropped. For instance we've known that we'll be able to add augments to existing items, and social armor will adapt it's armor type as needed.

Edited by GnatB

Even the marketing department and the community rep are coding the 1.3?
That would actually explain a lot.

PMSL.

Someone suggested when the new site design went live that it was a waste of staff who should be coding features into the game... so add website developers alongside marketing and community staff! :D

Edited by Tikigit

After how much they tooted their own horn about how great 1.2 would be and all the things it would feature, BW has been strangely silent about 1.3. Anyone else think this doesn't bode well for 1.3?

They've learnt the lesson that it's better to under-promise than to over-promise. The latter can only lead to disappointment, while the former can lead to surprises.

Quite to the contrary...

I actually think that it's a very good sign. It means that they're preparing to wow us with a bunch of new content that nobody could have before hoped they would release... or something like that.

This might just be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that it's because they're silent that means they're planing something big.

1.3 is a controversial patch compared to 1.2. LFD tool, free transfers for some but not others. There are a lot of subs on the line with this one. Better not to say anything that may cost them subs BEFORE the patch hits.

1.2 might have just come out.. but there are guilds that cleared the new ops in hard modes in week 2 if not week 1.

they will probably have their main and alt fully geared in about 6 weeks so what to do now?

for all their hype about the legacy system it has done pretty much 0 for me or any of my friends.

The only thing the legacy system really does right now is give class buffs, but you need to finish Chapter 2 for that, so probably most people just get an additional class buff for an alt right now.

They purposely didn't put in the exp modifiers, which would help roll alts, because then people would actually finish rolling their alts quickly and they're afraid everyone will stop playing if that happens. But if you already leveled several alts all the way up why would you care about the exp boosts? In order to get the legacy level to unlock a lot of this stuff you pretty much had to level a few up quite a bit.

The legacy gear is also worthless. You can pretty much get oranges for free by PVPing for the level 20 and then level 40 stuff, although I think they don't give as many orange pieces anymore, I seem to remember the PVP sets having more orange at those levels than they do now. Still, without the legacy boosts, PVP exp is anemic and since there is no dual spec, it's probably not really worth doing much if your goal is to level up. And you'd want to do that because at lower levels you're missing too many skills to be consistently competitive anyway.

If they would start to talk about it, so many players would complain, whine, go crazy about it. If they wouldn't talk about it, so many players would complain, whine, go crazy about it.

I'm so happy I'm not a mmo developer and I just have to have fun in it.

come on OP....read your own post and try to have a bit of self-reflection. Within your two sentences you ridicule BW for 'tooting' their own horn regarding 1.2, and in the very next sentence you criticize them for not 'tooting' their own horn.

Do you even realize how impossible it is to please some one like you? You're never satisfied. That's not a problem with BioWare...that's a problem YOU have.