BW is being strangely silent about 1.3

NDiggy

After how much they tooted their own horn about how great 1.2 would be and all the things it would feature, BW has been strangely silent about 1.3. Anyone else think this doesn't bode well for 1.3?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.2 just came out. It's a bit premature to be worried about 1.3. Which is probably why they haven't said anything.

I just want 1 thing from 1.3: the new LFG tool. This way, it can fail, as it will being single server, and they can get to work on the one that will replace it in a few months, X-server.

They said it was going to be "leaner" than 1.2. Why would you champion that? They're right to tone it down.

I wasn't talking about the size of the patch, I was talking about all the hoopla and saber waving BW did preceding 1.2. They really trumpeted it and all its features quite a bit, and yet now that we're getting close to the time when 1.3 is supposed to be released we're not hearing anything but a great wall of silence from BW. 1.3 is supposed to have a lot of things people expected in 1.2, and rated WZs were supposed to come before 1.3 is released. We've heard nothing from BW about 1.3 or ranked WZs. It just seems like bad mojo to me.

1.2 just came out. It's a bit premature to be worried about 1.3. Which is probably why they haven't said anything.

I just want 1 thing from 1.3: the new LFG tool. This way, it can fail, as it will being single server, and they can get to work on the one that will replace it in a few months, X-server.

Its been almost 1 month since the release of 1.2, and BW has said to expect monthly content updates. 1.3 should be right around the corner, but we've yet to hear anything about it.

Maybe after the over marketing and hyperbole behind 1.2, the marketing guys sat down with the developers and had a long chat about how to scale marketing of updates better with the impact of the content present in that update.... the change in marketing of updates would nicely work alongside the shifting of weekly Q&A questions to more "Immediate things being done". ;)

Probably a good thing in the long run in my opinion.

That said, perhaps a lot of the buzz they generated over 1.2 had a lot to do with the fact that update 1.2 was very much the "State of the game on release if it wasn't for that pesky deadline " update.

Edited by Tikigit

After how much they tooted their own horn about how great 1.2 would be and all the things it would feature, BW has been strangely silent about 1.3. Anyone else think this doesn't bode well for 1.3?

And if they told you everything about 1.3 you would whine if they left something out when it dropped and then complain that they were being "strangely silent on 1.4" ....etc ... etc .... etc ..... etc......:rolleyes:

Its been almost 1 month since the release of 1.2, and BW has said to expect monthly content updates. 1.3 should be right around the corner, but we've yet to hear anything about it.

They are probably keeping hushed about it so when it hits with a few new things, We wont have any idea about what was supposed to have been in it but got scratched at the last minute.

Cant complain about it not being there if they dont tell us what to exspect to begin with. Im sure they are trying avoid another ranked warzone fiasco. They need to put all the fluff crap on a back burner and get the dam transfers going.

Edited by Nyteblades

I wouldn't put my hopes up for monthly stuff until they say its ready and the date there coming out with it. Until then, I don't expect anything they ever say to happen.

And if they told you everything about 1.3 you would whine if they left something out when it dropped and then complain that they were being "strangely silent on 1.4" ....etc ... etc .... etc ..... etc......:rolleyes:

I think you don't understand the definition of the word "whine".

I think you don't understand the definition of the word "whine".

Pretty sure I do.

We just received 1.2 and you are already whining about a lack of information about 1.3.

I guess you already zerged thru everything to do in 1.2 and are just bored?

Why haven't they told us more about Dread Lord Ops yet? ... Dunno... Maybe they are still fine tuning 1.2

I hope that is not the case, although my game has started crashing frequently since the last update so maybe they still are working on the live testing phase of 1.2.

I hope that is not the case, although my game has started crashing frequently since the last update so maybe they still are working on the live testing phase of 1.2.

Yeah well I think that might be the case we have had 6 minor patches since the release of 1.2.

No time for 1.3 now...

Pretty sure I do.

We just received 1.2 and you are already whining about a lack of information about 1.3.

I guess you already zerged thru everything to do in 1.2 and are just bored?

Apparently not, it is physically impossible to whine in an internet post.

whine verb \ˈhwīn, ˈwīn\

whined whin·ing

Definition of WHINE

intransitive verb

a : to utter a high-pitched plaintive or distressed cry

b : to make a sound similar to such a cry <the wind whined in the chimney>

: to complain with or as if with a whine

I'm assuming you're using definition #2, which requires a tone of voice to be used in conjunction with a complaint. Basically you're just using the word to insult someone on the good ol' internets. Its a way to denigrate what someone says without having to actually reply with a rational adult response. So, no, you don't know the definition of the word "whine" since you're so clearly intent on using it inappropriately.

In response to the rest of your post, I'm not bored with the game yet, at least in pve. But I am curious as to what is coming in 1.3 because the pvp side of the game needs a lot of work, as does crafting and other aspects of the game.

They can give you bullet point updates though... Kind of this is what we see that we are releasing in the next several xpacs type of stuff. Trion did it and it worked well enough for them. They also set a new precedent in releasing decent content at least every 6 weeks. Something quite honestly that I will expect from any mmo going forward.

Actually, it isn't impossible. Reread the definition you yourself quoted for whine, specifically the very last line in your quote.

What this says to me is the patch is far from ready and you won't hear anything until the free month they gave out is about up. So sometime in late May to Early June we will hear about 1.3. They are saying server transfers are coming in early Summer, I'm sure that is when 1.3 will hit. While it is an awesome gesture to give away from game time, don't think it wasn't for a reason. They will save the juicy bits of info to possibly save subs at a later date. It's not a Bioware thing but a MMO developer thing when it comes to this stuff. Just like other MMO's release big patches as games launch and at expansions release etc. Do the most you can to maximize the next month.

Nothing strange about it. In a highly competitive & copycat $10 Billion industry (and that's from 2009) ... loose lips sink ships. We are merely purchasing & subscribing consumers who own zero rights to any information that companies so deem as privileged or confidential. Most everything leaked is on purpose, and game companies who claim to be fully disclosing what their titles can and cannot do is selling more than just their game.

I'll wager that most people stating over and over again how they are on the fence, and that 1.3 will be a determinig factor as to whether they stay or leave (like they probably did with 1.2) have likely made up their minds already. Why they would waste so much precious time venting in a gaming forum is just ... weird.

Edited by GalacticKegger

I'm assuming you're using definition #2, which requires a tone of voice to be used in conjunction with a complaint. Basically you're just using the word to insult someone on the good ol' internets. Its a way to denigrate what someone says without having to actually reply with a rational adult response. So, no, you don't know the definition of the word "whine" since you're so clearly intent on using it inappropriately.

In response to the rest of your post, I'm not bored with the game yet, at least in pve. But I am curious as to what is coming in 1.3 because the pvp side of the game needs a lot of work, as does crafting and other aspects of the game.

: to complain with or as if with a whine

From your own quotation. :rolleyes:

Indeed, they've actually been very vocal about what 1.3 will have. They explained much in the Q&A, you also had a preview of the legacy stuff actually in-game and we've had comments dropped here and there. But as they said, they want to get 1.3 out fast and keep it focussed on expanding existing features. Some might say that 1.3 will be a 'Quality of Life' update since its dealing with the general enjoyment of the game rather than adding new content.

They did say they intend to add a new flashpoint every time they do an update however. So that appears to be about the only new content we can expect.

They said it was going to be "leaner" than 1.2. Why would you champion that? They're right to tone it down.

Any "leaner" and it'll be anemic...1.2 pretended to be a lot...it ended up being just a lot of hype.

There are two things which are so urgent it's practically boiling:

LFG tool

Server transfers as a part of player consolidation

Keep it lean IMO but just get those two out the door yesterday