Companion Ages....

JediElf

You guys really think Talos is that old? I'd put him mid-30s, but maybe that's wishful thinking so that my inquisitor can romance him one day. *sigh* Or it may be because he's so body-type-1 tiny, it makes him look...boyish, I guess.

I don't see why he'd have to be younger for us to be able to romance him, especially if he's in his 40's.

He's got that 'dasing, educated, and possibly suave' older man air to him.

I'd...I mean my SI would romance him in a hearbeat, if it was possible. @_@

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why he'd have to be younger for us to be able to romance him, especially if he's in his 40's.

So would mine. An educated gentleman who shares m..her interest in archaeology? Yes, please.

...Now I'm wondering what Vector was like as a human.

I like to think he was a pretty decent guy, and being that he was/is a diplomat he was probably polite and charismatic. There's a companion mission with him that briefly addresses his past life and how the people he knew still love him and want him to come home, so I figured he was likeable and somewhat family-oriented.

I'd be happy to hear more about his human family, and was disappointed that there wasn't more to the mission than there was. He should at least send his mother a card or somethin' :(

I like to think he was a pretty decent guy, and being that he was/is a diplomat he was probably polite and charismatic. There's a companion mission with him that briefly addresses his past life and how the people he knew still love him and want him to come home, so I figured he was likeable and somewhat family-oriented.

I'd be happy to hear more about his human family, and was disappointed that there wasn't more to the mission than there was. He should at least send his mother a card or somethin' :(

i bet he'd be a lot less... serene rofl.

as for meeting past family... i'd love to parade him in front of his ex, and be all " ya snooze, ya looze :cool: "

prolly would just be all drama with his family grief striken at his condition, and him and i having to show them he's still a very nice boy..which i'd be all over. just don't get any ideas, miss ex lover, imperial agent's have a way of making people..dissapear >:3

as for meeting past family... i'd love to parade him in front of his ex, and be all " ya snooze, ya looze :cool: "

prolly would just be all drama with his family grief striken at his condition, and him and i having to show them he's still a very nice boy..which i'd be all over. just don't get any ideas, miss ex lover, imperial agent's have a way of making people..dissapear >:3

*fistbump* I got Raina, you got Vector. Because once they go blue, nothing else will do. Now my Smuggler just needs to convince Risha of that. :cool:

Edited by Captain_Zone

Honestly, I think it would probably be very uncomfortable for him. Even if you do demonstrate that he's still good people, it's still going to hurt him to be rejected as a monster by his family, or even if they don't reject him, for them to view him as someone who now needs fixing or saving, like his ex does.

I've wondered what Vector's family thinks of his becoming a Joiner too. Do they know what happened? Do they think he just fell off the face of the earth? Did they disown him? Is it even possible that they are supporting him? Or do they just pity him and think he needs to be cured?

I do kind of wish we could meet his ex too. I actually feel pretty bad for her. Such a drastic change would probably be hard for her to process. She wants the man back that she planned to marry you know? Then again, who knows how she treated him when he returned...maybe she fought with him, or flat out rejected him, or maybe things were already strained there to begin with. If I had to guess, I'd say she and/or her family rejected him, and then she had second thoughts, hoping she could "cure" him instead.

So back on topic...my Vector is not 26, I'm sure of it. :cool: He's maybe 33-34? That sounds like a good age for him.

I've wondered what Vector's family thinks of his becoming a Joiner too. Do they know what happened? Do they think he just fell off the face of the earth? Did they disown him? Is it even possible that they are supporting him? Or do they just pity him and think he needs to be cured?

I do kind of wish we could meet his ex too. I actually feel pretty bad for her. Such a drastic change would probably be hard for her to process. She wants the man back that she planned to marry you know? Then again, who knows how she treated him when he returned...maybe she fought with him, or flat out rejected him, or maybe things were already strained there to begin with. If I had to guess, I'd say she and/or her family rejected him, and then she had second thoughts, hoping she could "cure" him instead.

So back on topic...my Vector is not 26, I'm sure of it. :cool: He's maybe 33-34? That sounds like a good age for him.

That's about how old I think mine is.

It's a really interesting thing to think about. Who he was before versus who he is now. What the people who knew him would think. Heck, what I would think if he was someone I knew and loved beforehand. It was interesting when he said that given the choice he wouldn't undo it - I really wish that

there was a chance to ask him during the conversation with the pheromone suppression thing going on. Because what if he gave a different answer? Would he? If he did want to, and they could figure out how to do it, would the agent, who loves him for who he is now and doesn't even know the person he used to be support it? Would he still love her if he did it? Would he break her heart - by not wanting to be with her anymore, or just by not being the person she fell in love with anymore?

You guys really think Talos is that old? I'd put him mid-30s, but maybe that's wishful thinking so that my inquisitor can romance him one day. *sigh* Or it may be because he's so body-type-1 tiny, it makes him look...boyish, I guess.

Also I could totally see Corso as a 19 year-old because of his proposal, not in spite of it. That's just the sort of thing love-struck 19 year-olds do (not to besmirch the reputation of love-struck teens, of-course). Then again, I haven't seen the whole romance unfold yet.

Also,

It isn't his first engagement.

So who knows.

Honestly, Vector kind of depresses me. You see that holo of his ex-girlfriend and she's so horrified and upset. I took that to mean that the Vector she knew and loved is not there anymore. My Agent is married to Vector, but she's really in a relationship with the Kilik species.

I know Vector seems happy (all the Joiners do) and like all Joiners he'd never want to go back... but neither do cult members! I KIND OF wish we had the opportunity to free him. It'd probably be horrible and he'd probably go crazy, but in 20 years I'd bet he'd thank me.

Honestly, Vector kind of depresses me. You see that holo of his ex-girlfriend and she's so horrified and upset. I took that to mean that the Vector she knew and loved is not there anymore. My Agent is married to Vector, but she's really in a relationship with the Kilik species.

I know Vector seems happy (all the Joiners do) and like all Joiners he'd never want to go back... but neither do cult members! I KIND OF wish we had the opportunity to free him. It'd probably be horrible and he'd probably go crazy, but in 20 years I'd bet he'd thank me.

posted this on his main thread on agent forum:

one thing i'd LOVE to ask him, about his earlier life.... after me being in denial about the whole killik thing.... i'd love to have him watch a fresh abductee, scared out of his/her mind, fighting the joining process with everything they have, obviously very very distressed... i's turn, and ask him " were you this frightened when you were joined? can you still sympathise with this person's distress? did you fight it as much as this person did? were you afraid? "

The impression that I got from his reaction to that though was that once he joined the hive it never occurred to him to go back to see his family or girlfriend - they just didn't register anymore, because he was part of the hive and they were not. He was genuinely surprised that people might miss the old him, or mourn him, or anything. So essentially, he just dropped off the face of the galaxy, and who knows what his family and friends were told by the authorities - did they say he was missing and presumed dead? Did they tell them he was a joiner?

Like I said above,

I really wish that there was a chance to ask him if he wanted to stay a joiner while he was temporarily unhooked.

But, another way to look at it is this: he is what his experiences have made him, just like anyone else, even if those experiences were a little more extreme than most people's. No one is the same person today that they were five years ago, or ten years ago - our experiences change us, for good and for bad. It's unkind to not respect his right to be who he is, even if it isn't who he was.

But, another way to look at it is this: he is what his experiences have made him, just like anyone else, even if those experiences were a little more extreme than most people's. No one is the same person today that they were five years ago, or ten years ago - our experiences change us, for good and for bad. It's unkind to not respect his right to be who he is, even if it isn't who he was.

<3 Well said.

I admire Vector immensely for the strength of character that lets him deal with the hive mind while coping with the relative independence of a Dawn Herald and the requirements of regular non-Killik society. That's not an easy act to maintain, but he handles it with grace, and he chooses to do so because this diplomacy, this reaching out and building bridges, is his vocation. I think it's amazing. Disentangling Vector to make him more like the rest of us would be fundamentally diminishing him.

About Corso and his age, there are a few clues in his story I think that would allow you to put together a vague timeline.

I'm going on memory here, but doesn't he say that his family was killed by the separatists when he was 16? And then he later says that he "just ran" when that happened and how he's sorry that he left that poor fiancee of his hanging. That would imply that he was engaged by the time he was 16 at the latest! So give him a few years running with whatever militia he joined and I'd say 19-20 is a good bet. Sheesh, he's young. :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm not saying I wouldn't romance him if he was older...wouldn't bother me. He's my favorite companion character, he's just so funny! He'd get along so well with my socially awkward light-side inquisitor.

I have all 8 classes, but only have a few companions for each class that I haven't received all 5 companions, so here's my guess:

I'd say from what I can remember of Quinn and his backstory, he's more than likely between 30-35. 28-30 would be pushing it since he mentions something about doing something or other a decade before. Highly doubtful, but I'm assuming the Imperial Navy would be like the real military, no younger than 17 allowed.

My Sith Warrior female married him and

forgave him for betraying her. There was angry makeup sex of course!

Though, in my head, my Sith War was sent to the SIth Academy when she was 16/17 and by the time they marry, she's close to 18. I like my characters to begin young.

I believe Vector could actually be 26, or maybe a little older and the information we're given in our codex is outdated. I'm more prone to believe that he was mature before the joining and that his true personality IS there, you just have to look deep enough.

My Chiss agent, after everything she's gone through during her story, feels this DEEP connection to Vector. She accepts him, whether he were to stay joined or go back to being 100% completely human. She's had to deal with the Empire's xenophobia

and her mental and emotional ****

that she could care less if he thinks like a Killik or not.

I figured Corso was early 20s. I can't see him being a teenager. But I wouldn't put his age any older than 22-23. His thought processes are old fashioned, probably from his father, and he gets excited when you're fighting.

Now, Torian, I'd say is between 18 and 19. But when my Bounty hunter calls him 'kid' it makes my head canon explode. Because I prefer my men older than me or my characters. (My real life husband is 2 years older than me). So, if Torian is 18-19 and my BH calls him a kid, she couldn't be older than 20 and I wanted her to be about 18-20 herself.

Andronikos would probably be in his late 30s, early 40s. If you were to go with ONLY his default look, he LOOKS older than a 20-something. And even older than early 30s.

Aric is definitely in his 30s. Late 30s. When my Trooper first joined Havoc Squad, she was 18. I'd say she's now 19-20. (Course, I'm not sure how 'time' moves in the game). Sure to US, we've played out character, say, a week, but how much time passes for THEM? A day? A week? A year?

Kaliyo has to be in her mid 30s. She just does NOT come off as late 20s, at all.

Vette is definitely late teens, extremely early 20s.

I'd say Pierce was around the same age as Quinn, early to mid 30s.

Akavai seems like she'd be late 20s, early 30s.

Risha probably mid to late 20s, even though it sounds like she'd only be a few years older than Vette.

Not sure about the others yet. Haven't really given it much thought.

All the trooper companions are relatively young. Joran looks like he is in his mid to late thirties, same for Elara. M1-4X is a newly created Droid, so maybe five or six (LOL), and Tanno also looks in his thirties and Yuun is pretty old.

Now, Torian, I'd say is between 18 and 19. But when my Bounty hunter calls him 'kid' it makes my head canon explode. Because I prefer my men older than me or my characters. (My real life husband is 2 years older than me). So, if Torian is 18-19 and my BH calls him a kid, she couldn't be older than 20 and I wanted her to be about 18-20 herself.

My bounty hunter is 22 (or so... she doesn't know how old she is because she was a slave orphan) and according to the codex Torian is 26. So she calls him 'kid' because it annoys him. :p

My bounty hunter is 22 (or so... she doesn't know how old she is because she was a slave orphan) and according to the codex Torian is 26. So she calls him 'kid' because it annoys him. :p

Actually, Torian's age is never actually listed. All the codex really says is "in his shot life". Honestly, I'd estimate him around 19-22. My bounty hunter is 21, so it works for me :cool: I had her backstory posted on here somewhere, if only I could find it (not that I don't remember it, I just don't want to rewrite it...).

Couple of Cougars right there. Darth Lachris on Balmorra and Baroness Cortess on Alderaan. :D My Agent Chissed and Smurfed both. ;)

As for Gov. Saresh, she's flirtable, but nothing comes of it.

Don't forget Zash. :rak_09:

As for Gov. Saresh, she's flirtable, but nothing comes of it.

... probably because she becomes Supreme Chancellor Saresh toward the end of Act 3 ... and that sort of history would be a tad too inconvenient to skate over.

Actually, Torian's age is never actually listed. All the codex really says is "in his shot life". Honestly, I'd estimate him around 19-22. My bounty hunter is 21, so it works for me :cool: I had her backstory posted on here somewhere, if only I could find it (not that I don't remember it, I just don't want to rewrite it...).

Oh, really? I read it on TORhead and assumed it was from the codex.