Imperial Agent chain stuning

jediharrsion

I like the part where everyone makes new topics about how over powered Agents/Smugglers are when a lvl 49 gets his stealth popped by a lvl 10. Oooh, or how I just popped Cloaking Screen (3 min cool down, 2 min talented) and I got pulled out by a lvl 17 Trooper because I'm "NEARLY undetectable". Or even better, how there is one viable DPS spec for PvP because the other requires nearly 3x as much energy and an additional 3 globals before meaningful damage can be done. Hey, let's talk about how, again, THE ONLY DPS spec the class is complete crap until lvl 36 (Hidden Strike/Shoot First) or how, even after all of that, the class is still pretty crappy until lvl 40 when they get Acid Blade/Flichette Round - the premiere talents that make the class playable. Why don't we talk about how our force stealth equivalents are that much better than us and that our one full immunity cool down defends against melee (we do tech damage that happens to be melee based) and ranged attacks which make up the least amount of damage done by all A/Cs in the game.

But yes, lets all take the time out of our day to listen to someone who is stupid enough to blow their anti-CC ability on a 1.5s (yes, that is one full global cool down) knock down followed by the predictable 4s stun (Debilitate/Dirty Kick).

Edited by Trauglodyte

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I'm seeing a LARGE increase in the number of healz operatives/scoundrels on the two servers I play on. I know people claim Maras/Sents are the new FOTM, but I think it's these healers. Not necessarily a BAD thing, but it's hilarious to get into a wz as a op healer and there are 3 other op healers and we just HoT each other and everyone else up.

Op healers don't actually stack very well. You can't put 6 HOTs on someone just because you have 3 healers.

I hate the Operative's ability to chain stun. It is really annoying to spend your cooldown to get out of one, then to only get stunned again just a couple of seconds later. Also, the TTK is way to low.

That's the beauty of learning how to play. Learning how to beat an operative(or scoundrel) is all about knowledge of the opposite classes. It's gonna get me killed if any of you are on the same server, but what the heck:

1. Shoot first. Don't CC break this, it isn't long, you'll get back up.

2. Flash Bang. Don't CC break this either, unless you're one or two GCDs from a kill(two if you've got a stun of your own to seal the deal). They can't hurt you, and if they are putting the hurt on you, their healing is the poop. Other obvious exception to riding it out is if you need to stop them from taking an objective.

3. Nut Kick(and lackluster animation imperial equivalent). Consider breaking this one, especially if you're quick enough on the fly to make breaking it mean you don't get wailed in the back again. Keep in mind, though, that they are only going to get one meaningful shot on you because of it, the rest are things they can do when you aren't stunned.

That's all the CC they've got. If you've got recruit level PvP gear, you cannot be CC'd 100-0 by one operative or scoundrel. With battlemaster gear, even if I get my highest crits on all back damage abilities, I cannot 100-0 a person inside the duration of the CC.

In fact, if I don't get you to half health from my stealth alpha strike salvo, I'm probably in deep trouble(I've got a good shot at winning if I do). I take a ton of damage from everything, I can avoid very little, a fellow melee can crush the snot out of me and a ranged can make distance and out dps me from range.

There is a reason that you're seeing this increase in healers. I can promise you it isn't because healing is super awesome now that 1.2 has decreased the TTK significantly, nor is it because we actually like healing...

I'll let you draw your own conclusion as to why this might be.

This man speaks the truth. 50 operative for 3 months here and I just respec'd medicine post 1.2. I traded up all of my battlemaster enforcer gear for BM field medic gear and it's not because I want to heal or that it got buffed. It's due to concealment being constantly nerfed and given no survivability in replacement. Funny how I actually thought this class might be fun to play....

Hi i'm hows it going has anyone else that pvps noticed how it seems the Imperial Agent's stuning powers are far too over powered. And its not only the OP it's the repeated chain stuning that disables you long enough for that agent to kill you. I'm sure i'm not the only one saying this but if there has to be a nerf of any kind! Nerf the Imperial Agent's stuning heavly

smugglers/agents get so much utility and they hit pretty hard as well as, because the resolve bar is also broken its making them from good to overpowerd.

they are able to stun lock you to death right now without loseing any hp.

Operative CCs are hard to counter because you probably used your CC breaker on the Marauder already.

They're actually in this weird place where they're almost uncounterable as long as you see any of the powerhouse classes around because you know if you counter their CC a Marauder/Tankasin is going to just clownstomp you so you got to take their backstabs like a man, except doing that might actually cause you to lose a fight that you should have won. So you basically have to guess whether the more powerful classes are really going to jump you or do you have time to deal with the Operative first and it's a pretty fun mind game.

What exactly are we allowed to do?

I wonder if a fully war hero augmented geared operative is even allowed to kill a recruit geared without the recruit having a 70%+ chance of winning.

Im serious though instead of the constanlty nerfing of this class, what are we suppose to be doing, who can we go after, who are we allowed to kill?

A good sorc is gonna kite us around.

Merc healer? forget about it.

Assasin tank? no?

Heavy armor users ?

no no i got it

Snipers!! it makes perfect sense evade works against most their dmg their evade skill doesnt work against ours so its win win phew almost thought the class had no purpose :o, almost forgot our cleanse also removes their dots and root.

Edited by wiazabi

This thread is full of epic fail...

Operative stun: 4 sec, 4 m range

Sorcerer stun: 4 sec, 30 m range

Tank-Juggernaut stun: 4 sec, 4 m range

The stealth-opener (if speced for it with 2 talent points high in the concealment tree) knocks you down for 1.5 secs (1 GCD). This means you are up on your feet again before the Operative can even hit you a second time, the only benefit those 2 talent points provide is some sort of interrupt.

As was mentioned, the flashbang mezes you for 8 secs and breaks on damage, so it is not a stun or a root.

The speced Sever Tendon roots you in place for 2 seconds, you can still fight back however.

Bottomline is:

#1 you cannot be "chain" stunned by a single operative (or any other class)

#2 you cannot be stunned for more than 8 seconds thanks to resolve (with 2 characters attacking you)

#3 you have a get-out-of-jail free card on cooldown, use it only on the 4 sec stun, not on the 1.5 sec knockdown

#4 every class can stun and/or root and/or mez and/or knockdown and/or knockback

#5 (dps) operatives have zero defence, have been nerfed more than any other class yet in this game, have no speedburst, no knockback, no gap closer, no utility that makes them worthwhile in ranked warzones...

#6 if concealment operatives are a problem, come over and play against those roflstomping Shadows. they can do everything we can, just more and better

#7 l2p

edit:

and if it was true that someone is in fact chain stunning you for > 8 seconds (single character) then note his name and appeal him afterwards for cheating. In fact the other day in a warzone we encountered an enemy scoundrel who was immune to any crowd control no matter what his resolve was, he ignored every stun, knockdown and mez and was capable of taking 3-4 enemies on his own with a chance to take at least 2 people out before he went down. We reported him, didnt see him since then...

Edited by Coplann

This thread is full of epic fail...

Operative stun: 4 sec, 4 m range

Sorcerer stun: 4 sec, 30 m range

Tank-Juggernaut stun: 4 sec, 4 m range

The stealth-opener (if speced for it with 2 talent points high in the concealment tree) knocks you down for 1.5 secs (1 GCD). This means you are up on your feet again before the Operative can even hit you a second time, the only benefit those 2 talent points provide is some sort of interrupt.

As was mentioned, the flashbang mezes you for 8 secs and breaks on damage, so it is not a stun or a root.

The speced Sever Tendon roots you in place for 2 seconds, you can still fight back however.

Bottomline is:

#1 you cannot be "chain" stunned by a single operative (or any other class)

#2 you cannot be stunned for more than 8 seconds thanks to resolve (with 2 characters attacking you)

#3 you have a get-out-of-jail free card on cooldown, use it only on the 4 sec stun, not on the 1.5 sec knockdown

#4 every class can stun and/or root and/or mez and/or knockdown and/or knockback

#5 (dps) operatives have zero defence, have been nerfed more than any other class yet in this game, have no speedburst, no knockback, no gap closer, no utility that makes them worthwhile in ranked warzones...

#6 if concealment operatives are a problem, come over and play against those roflstomping Shadows. they can do everything we can, just more and better

#7 l2p

edit:

and if it was true that someone is in fact chain stunning you for > 8 seconds (single character) then note his name and appeal him afterwards for cheating. In fact the other day in a warzone we encountered an enemy scoundrel who was immune to any crowd control no matter what his resolve was, he ignored every stun, knockdown and mez and was capable of taking 3-4 enemies on his own with a chance to take at least 2 people out before he went down. We reported him, didnt see him since then...

Next your going to tell us, "everything works as intended" right ?! :p

ok.. ;)

Coming from someone who played Scrapper for 40-50... you can Shoot First->fechette round->back blast before that knockdown is over.

But that is beside the point, the real problem is that people dont know when to use their CC breaker and probably don't know where the Resolve Gauge is.

Every Class has a KO pattern that can be used on a player that uses their CC too early. Sorcs have one, Snipers have one.

People just complain about Operatives/Scoundrels because they STAND on the side of a battle, get hit by a scapper opener, see their life bar drop to around half (all of my burst with Tendon Blast if needed) and then die because when you are at half life, YOU GET FOCUSED BY OTHER CLASSES.

So many times this happens and I die right after I help kill a person cause at that moment I get focused down too.

Coming from someone who played Scrapper for 40-50... you can Shoot First->fechette round->back blast before that knockdown is over.

No, you can't.

I've mouse-turned and stomped Operatives/Scrappers on all three of my characters before they could follow up the knockdown with a second attack.

smugglers/agents get so much utility and they hit pretty hard as well as, because the resolve bar is also broken its making them from good to overpowerd.

Almost didn't recognise Jediduckling with the new Avatar, until I read this post.....

So much utility? You should get "Best Joke of the year" award for this. :eek:

Love to "Hidden Strike" ppl in the butt, see they use their stunbreak skill, only to be stunned and stabbed again. :cool:

U can always overload your shield and come back to a 2nd round of 4SS stabbing if one is not enough to finish the job.

That's the beauty of learning how to play. Learning how to beat an operative(or scoundrel) is all about knowledge of the opposite classes. It's gonna get me killed if any of you are on the same server, but what the heck:

1. Shoot first. Don't CC break this, it isn't long, you'll get back up.

2. Flash Bang. Don't CC break this either, unless you're one or two GCDs from a kill(two if you've got a stun of your own to seal the deal). They can't hurt you, and if they are putting the hurt on you, their healing is the poop. Other obvious exception to riding it out is if you need to stop them from taking an objective.

3. Nut Kick(and lackluster animation imperial equivalent). Consider breaking this one, especially if you're quick enough on the fly to make breaking it mean you don't get wailed in the back again. Keep in mind, though, that they are only going to get one meaningful shot on you because of it, the rest are things they can do when you aren't stunned.

That's all the CC they've got. If you've got recruit level PvP gear, you cannot be CC'd 100-0 by one operative or scoundrel. With battlemaster gear, even if I get my highest crits on all back damage abilities, I cannot 100-0 a person inside the duration of the CC.

In fact, if I don't get you to half health from my stealth alpha strike salvo, I'm probably in deep trouble(I've got a good shot at winning if I do). I take a ton of damage from everything, I can avoid very little, a fellow melee can crush the snot out of me and a ranged can make distance and out dps me from range.

FFS someone who gets it. All of you that have problem with us scoundrel/ops should honestly take a second to actually "READ" what this person wrote.

Edited by Newsinz

Since iam playing scrapper scoundrel in pvp (Hidden bek ) my advice is pretty simple DONT GO ALONE!

You see an empty turret in civil war you can bet that there is a stealther there.

Also never defend a turret solo always stay 2 so if one gets jumped the other (if he has a barin) will CC or help you out.

Same thing goes in Denova scenario but in Hutball and Voidstar i would just mark the classes that can go invis so you can se them more clearly.

And as some people have posted, learn when too use CC breaker and also if you are going too play pvp alot i suggest you pick either biochem or Cybertech as crew skill too help you out .

Islewitch the last scrapper scoundrel on hidden bek :D

To the OP... you are wrong. very wrong. As others have said Ops have one stun...

Read that again.. one stun.

It lasts 4 seconds. If you are dying in 4 seconds you have less than 8k hp. Concealment spec is now redundant in pvp as it is an utter joke. The ONLY way it is any good now is the Op seriously out gears the other player.. the other players defensive cd's are down.... the other player' is rocking 115 expertise and the Op roids up on and manages to crit and luck out on most attacks.

A common practice now for concealment spec is to go looking for the target with less than 13k health.

LoL, how can u complain about dps Oper/Scoundr, all patches iclude nerf for us. U're one of those ppl who will complain about us even if we will have only one skill - auto attack.

Actually, I had people raging at me and telling me that rifle shot is overpowered. Because it can hit them "across the entire map!". Some people just should stop doing drugs.

Operatives thrive on killing the inexperienced and vulnerable. If you don't have your cc breaker, their 2 stuns have a window within which you can use your defensive cooldowns, pots etc. Very few operatives will take you down all the way from full health to zero if you respond appropriately and once their ambush has failed they are very vulnerable.

Must good ops won't take you on when you are at full health unless they want to harrass you/ slow you down i.e. huttball. They are opportunistic killers and thrive in group set ups using their cc and burst to make life miserable for other players. A marauders on you and boom you're down, bursted and dead. Or two ops chain stunning you.

There are some good ops out there that I absolutely hate coming up against because guaranteed everytime you're down to 25% health, they pop out of nowhere and boom you're dead >.< Their timing is immaculate. That's good play and to QQ about good play is just lol.

The counter to ops (marauders too for that matter) is healers^^. Pretty much in a pre-made they're not that much of a problem but in a PUG they are just mayhem.

Edited by Rolzhard