Imperial Agent chain stuning

jediharrsion

Fun fact of the day: Sages (the OP) can actually stunlock someone longer than an operative can.

Operative 5.5s

4s baseline 4m range stun

1.5s KD on opener, 31pts into concealment, 4m range

Sage 6s

4s baseline 30m range stun

2s stun on FL break, 17 points into balance, 30m range

This thread fails hard.

It's always fun when someone says "this thread fails hard" and is totally and completely wrong.

4s stun - 800 resolve, force lift - 800 resolve, ding ding ding 1000, stun proc - oh wait...

or

force lift - 800 resolve, stun proc 400 resolve, ding ding ding 1000, 4s stun - oh wait ....

Edited by Adzzy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have average gear they will only half health you in a stun, if your good enough you can beat them afterwards, just gotta learn what moves they get and use your abilities at the right time and they are beatable like any other class.

It's always fun when someone says "this thread fails hard" and is totally and completely wrong.

4s stun - 800 resolve, force lift - 800 resolve, ding ding ding 1000, stun proc - oh wait...

or

force lift - 800 resolve, stun proc 400 resolve, ding ding ding 1000, 4s stun - oh wait ....

Hmm I was under the impression that it worked like every other break early CC In the game.

At any rate it doesnt matter, there are several classes that can stunlock for longer then an operative, Vanguards/Powertechs being the prime example and for a full 1s longer too.

I stand by my original assessment regarding the failure of this thread.

I said this at an earlier Operative dummy burning!! "I can see it now!!!!

1.2.3 Patch Notes

5/5/2012

Classes and Combat

Operative

Teams of stunlocking Operative that ruined the game have now been rewards gold medals.

Due to changes to Operative skill trees, Operatives have had their skill points refunded then thrown back into random trees.

Backstab now has a 42.6-second cooldown and deals approximately 500% less damage.

Hidden Strike has been replaced with Pillow Throw (Deals 2 -4 kinetic damage over 6 minutes) and now has a 7.5-minute cooldown.

Sleep Dart now gives an appropriate error message if used on Droids, and will now put the Operative themselves into a deep REM sleep for 6 minutes.

Tactical Advantage no longer triggers a "laugh" sound effect when it occurs, The "laugh has been replaced with the sound of crying babies."

Edited by NickTo

Well I guess these stunlocking teams of operatives which are built from 0,3% of the playerbase are still overpowered. Super-Georg come and rescue these poor Sorcs again! Fast! Otherwise they will quit their subscription!

I think being turned into roadkill in 1.2 achieved that without the need of operative changes, lol

Every time you are hit by more than one operative, there's a 10% chance that your account will automatically be unsubbed.

lol whenever there is more than 2 ops in a team, you are given an automatic free one day on your account to deter you from unsubbing :D

1.2.3 Patch Notes

5/5/2012

Classes and Combat

Operative

Teams of stunlocking Operative that ruined the game have now been rewards gold medals.

Due to changes to Operative skill trees, Operatives have had their skill points refunded then thrown back into random trees.

Backstab now has a 42.6-second cooldown and deals approximately 500% less damage.

Hidden Strike has been replaced with Pillow Throw (Deals 2 -4 kinetic damage over 6 minutes) and now has a 7.5-minute cooldown.

Sleep Dart now gives an appropriate error message if used on Droids, and will now put the Operative themselves into a deep REM sleep for 6 minutes.

Tactical Advantage no longer triggers a "laugh" sound effect when it occurs, The "laugh has been replaced with the sound of crying babies."

LOL thanks for making me laugh :D

Damn, this thread feels like its December again or something. DPS Operative is pretty crap 50+ even full geared, I can count on one hand the remaining DPS Operatives still playing DPS spec and there were a lot of good ones around, even after the multiple nerfs. Most are now healers.

Pre 50 the class is pretty good, actually at around 43 or so I'd say VERY good as you just go all the way up concealment and 3 points or so in to cunning % in the heal tree and you have everything you need. But this isn't unusual, just about any class at 42/43 and up is going to be lethal because the last 6 points or so most people use in their trees are just filling stuff out

The ones who are AWESOME at level 40 ish have spent a lot or made extremely good gear. Hell I picked up a purple augmented knife that made me virtually godly for a few levels. Minimum damage added was 100 or so with 56 crit before I added the augment. That kind of stuff exists for all the classes.

So pro tip - if you think PVP in your quest given greens is gonna get you by then expect to die a lot to well geared alts. It is ridiculously easy to get good gear with minimum effort pre 50 from planet comms, PVP vendor, watching the GTN and making your own. If you PVP in WZs a lot then credits are easy to come by, do what you need to in your crew skills just to get by as they are just a credit sink. Without pumping all your cash in to crew skills that have no return for you or cash you will have tons of cash.

Another pro-tip - if you trinket the knockdown you are stupid and will be punished by a quick death. There is no other class in the game who watches the resolve bar of opponents as closely as a good operative. We do not waste stuns, because if we do we die.

Final pro-tip: Don't panic. Sure you are going to lose a lot of HP quite fast, but ultimately if you keep your cool after that most ops are yours for the taking. Distance is your friend, and just staying alive in most WZs for 12 seconds or so will likely see someone else beat the snot out of an OP as out of stealth yes is is TRUE we OPs really are there for the taking.

Actually one more pro-tip - OPs aren't hard to spot, if you see them out of stealth kill them. I can't count the number of times I've just picked off a dozen or so people at an objective just by stealthing after each kill and just circling around killing everyone one after another with the opening burst while they all blindly try to kill the original target they were attacking.

In all honesty if someone detects me or AoEs me out of stealth I pretty much just man up and take the death that is coming, because I certainly aren't killing anyone (maybe vanish, evasion or flashbang etc) unless they are truly bad opponents.

Incidentally questing as an operative is annoying for that reason too, I remember about 39 or something some quest on Hoth with mobs that seemed to detect me literally all the time (so no stealth opener and burst) and I remember dying about 20 times on it and nearly breaking my KB.

Hi i'm hows it going has anyone else that pvps noticed how it seems the Imperial Agent's stuning powers are far too over powered. And its not only the OP it's the repeated chain stuning that disables you long enough for that agent to kill you. I'm sure i'm not the only one saying this but if there has to be a nerf of any kind! Nerf the Imperial Agent's stuning heavly

There is nothing particular overpowered about operatives after the recent nerfs imo. Your resolve bar builds up with each stun, and shouldn't let the opponent completely lock you down. I think your problem is really that more than one is hitting you at the same time, and in that case you will die face first :) It is the same as if two marauders/sentinels decide to interrupt a caster. One is somewhat manageable. But two can lock you down until you are dead.

People are just scared of what they cant see. Every stealth class in every MMO is whined about. The brain power behind ours though seems to be considerably lower though on that note...

Complete litteracy fail. The poster whines about stunlocking.

Regarding the issue itself; I do not know if it is overpowered or anything. It is just a tad frustrating/booring as I see it.

Edited by Dhariq

rofl an ops stunned you to death? go whine elsewhere. any competent player can survive or kill another. fear, knockbacks, defensive cooldowns...they are all there to be utilized to get away. Problem is once u use them, dont blame anyone else if another operative comes along and you have nothing up. If you wanna survive every single attack then roll a tank.

1.2.3 Patch Notes

5/5/2012

Classes and Combat

Operative

Because there is no such thing as Balance.

One class must either suck so much to be unplayable, or be overpowered as hell.