Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

All I can say is that after getting a char to 50, I decided to take a week break. Now I cannot seem to play longer than 10-20 minutes before losing interest in leveling alt, and I have no interest in doing anything with my level 50. I rather continue playing "Legends of Grimrock", or GW2 beta.

I feel your pain. I myself have the following character types:

Sith Assassin, LVL 50

Republic Commando, LVL 50

Mercenary, LVL 43

Imperial Agent, LVL 27

Jedi Knight, LVL 35

Jedi Shadow, LVL 19

I have no intention of rerolling on another server, and the very idea of them charging us to transfer to a server that people who actually play on, is mind boggling / insane. Seeing as the entire issue was a failure on their part, as to include any real "Post LVL 50 / Class 3" game content that is not almost totally revolving around a PvP aspect. If that is their intention and they charge for it in anyway, I will unsub 1st and not look back. It will be bye bye BioWare and EA Games for any and all future purchase considerations.:(

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, there will not be a third go.

I own both ME3 and SW:TOR, that makes me a fool twice now, in believing anything EA says about any of their current or future games. They cannot be trusted, period!

Now I checked the population trend of the Asian servers on TOR and noticed a seriously sharp dropoff of players over there starting on the 15th of May. Not a good sign at all.

Edited by SgtWalt

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Population took a big hit with the release of D3, I'm not playing it myself but I assume there will be a rebound once people complete it. Obviously the 1.3 release will restore some numbers also.

At present TorStatus suggests a small minority of viable servers with an overall worsening trend.

Hey everybody!

I rerolled on Fatman, and love it. 250+ people on the REPUBLIC fleet at peak time. I have been grinding flashpoints, no questing for this boy!

Yes, because if any server needs advertisement for more players, it's The Fatman. :rolleyes:

Granted, there are way more low-population servers than there ought to be, but it doesn't mean that that only servers with populations like The Fatman are healthy or worth playing on. The last thing this game needs is people moving from the 20 or so healthy standard NA servers to The Fatman because they think that not having 250 people on fleet during prime time means their server is dead.

That being said, as it was said that the free transfers are going to be from lower population servers to higher ones, I would imagine that means the standard servers, and those on the cusp between low and standard, will get a population boost.

This is all very frustrating. My server, hedaar songg, has become so desolate. There used to be tumble weeds but even they unsubbed or migrated to the fatman. It's just rediculous that the community calls out for help in this matter but all the developers do is say "early summer" what does that even mean? Can they not set a date and live up to it? The lack of good feedback makes them (the devs) seem apathetic and uncaring of the state of their game or their customers plight. Simply having one or two post where they say "this is important" and "it's coming soon" or "early summer" are not sufficient. We know for a fact that server transfer capability has existed for a month, maybe 2 now - they had the functionality when they opened the asia pacific servers. What is the hold up to help the rest of us and the decrepit populations? This is a major issue and needs to be fixed with the utmost priority not waiting for a game update but a "we put this fix in place immediately above all others to keep this game alive" type. I could live with all the problems that they have and bugs in the game as long as I can still play with other people and do group content and PVP but that is simply impossible now so whats more important.

/rant

Yes, because if any server needs advertisement for more players, it's The Fatman. :rolleyes:

Granted, there are way more low-population servers than there ought to be, but it doesn't mean that that only servers with populations like The Fatman are healthy or worth playing on. The last thing this game needs is people moving from the 20 or so healthy standard NA servers to The Fatman because they think that not having 250 people on fleet during prime time means their server is dead.

That being said, as it was said that the free transfers are going to be from lower population servers to higher ones, I would imagine that means the standard servers, and those on the cusp between low and standard, will get a population boost.

Yes, but having 7 people on the republic fleet at peak time is ridiculous. There is nothing to do on my level 50. NOTHING. I don't think there's been an operation on my server since Diablo III came out. The Imperials are so bad they can have less than 20 at peak time!

The purpose of the post was to illustrate that re rolling is not such a bad thing, when you're on a great server.

And on Fatman, I have had no queue times to log in.

Yes, but having 7 people on the republic fleet at peak time is ridiculous. There is nothing to do on my level 50. NOTHING. I don't think there's been an operation on my server since Diablo III came out. The Imperials are so bad they can have less than 20 at peak time!

The purpose of the post was to illustrate that re rolling is not such a bad thing, when you're on a great server.

And on Fatman, I have had no queue times to log in.

Which is actually worrisome. When I re-rolled on Fatman end of March nightly queues were normal. Queus of 30 mins to an hour on weeknights were normal. Well I haven't seen a queue in two weeks. Fatman's population is dropping and it's reached the point where re-rolls are no longer enough to replace those leaving. Even Fatman is not immune to the D3 effect. If I can notice this on the Fatman I imagine it's much worse in other servers.

contrary to popular belief, D3 did have a significant impact on populations. Hell, most of my PVE guild has stopped playing swtor and we're just running D3 together trying to get our 60 sets (2 pieces of natalya's so far), and we only log on when enough people are on for an operation.

contrary to popular belief, D3 did have a significant impact on populations. Hell, most of my PVE guild has stopped playing swtor and we're just running D3 together trying to get our 60 sets (2 pieces of natalya's so far), and we only log on when enough people are on for an operation.

How the hell is that contrary to popular belief? That's exactly what's killing swtor for the last 2 weeks

This is all very frustrating. My server, hedaar songg, has become so desolate. There used to be tumble weeds but even they unsubbed or migrated to the fatman. It's just rediculous that the community calls out for help in this matter but all the developers do is say "early summer" what does that even

Friday evening during what I call peak period of the day on Zaalbar "4 people on Fleet Station". I cant find anyone to do heroics. The guild I was with have all quit and moved back to WoW and other MMOs.. BIOWARE should be listening. Transfer people to other servers NOW (I don't care what server) just get the populations up so there is player interaction OR the game is dead.

Edited by opus_two

the very idea of them charging us to transfer to a server that people who actually play on, is mind boggling / insane.

More mind boggling than our government bailing out billions of dollars to car companies and the banks?

For a game that has endless potential, it's sad to see Bioware not taking these issues serious. I cancelled my account about a week ago, because I felt no reason to continue an alt or play my 50. Obviously, I bought D3 (which I enjoy), but I'm not having the same kind of fun when I first started playing SWTOR. Just the other night I was feeling the urge to hop back on... But, whats the point?! PvP Queue times are horrific, and world pvp is non-existent. Unless these issues are fixed, I won't be coming back. I have 5 RL friends that quit for those same reasons. I'm just hoping BW are taking these threads serious, because they aren't showing any indications that they are.

For a game that has endless potential, it's sad to see Bioware not taking these issues serious. I cancelled my account about a week ago, because I felt no reason to continue an alt or play my 50. Obviously, I bought D3 (which I enjoy), but I'm not having the same kind of fun when I first started playing SWTOR. Just the other night I was feeling the urge to hop back on... But, whats the point?! PvP Queue times are horrific, and world pvp is non-existent. Unless these issues are fixed, I won't be coming back. I have 5 RL friends that quit for those same reasons. I'm just hoping BW are taking these threads serious, because they aren't showing any indications that they are.

Same. I am the only one of my RL friends that continues to play on our server or has left to play other games.

I too miss the game when it first came out and seeing lots of people.

I the server im at, wz dont even pop anymore, last time i loged in there were a bit more that 20 ppl on line and thats including reps and imps... i still have another month of sub but this last month i loged in only twice and played no more that 1h each time. i went back to playing Rift for now...

Also, unless at least a few of my guild mates comes back to swtor im not coming back for good. witch is a shame because i was actually enjoying the game very much... I'm afraid the 1.3 patch has to much "futile" things than needed and to little important changes. At this critical point a lot more was expected.

To those of you that stay, i wish you all the best and hope you have fun, the way i wish i had.

More mind boggling than our government bailing out billions of dollars to car companies and the banks?

Nope, but pretty close. I consider EA to be the Big Oil Company of the games market. You can read between the lines on that statement.:)

I do hope EA and its other companies, such as BioWare realise that unlike the oil companies, we do not need their product.

Kinrath Spider is dead. I haven't had a WZ pop in two days, and I'm Empire. Saw a post where a dude was on at 6 pm on a Friday in Republic Fleet and he was the only one there (yes, there was a screenshot- google it).

Suck.

Friday evening during what I call peak period of the day on Zaalbar "4 people on Fleet Station". I cant find anyone to do heroics. The guild I was with have all quit and moved back to WoW and other MMOs.. BIOWARE should be listening. Transfer people to other servers NOW (I don't care what server) just get the populations up so there is player interaction OR the game is dead.

Yeah my 50 sith warrior is on Zaalbar and it totally sucks. It is very frustrating that the only solution I have to continue playing this game right now is make a new character on another server. I am starting an inquisitor on The Harbringer (I hear they have a better population), but it just sucks that I can't even use the character I already have. I enjoy the game, but you guys need to fix this quickly. SWTOR may not be dead yet but it's bleeding out very quickly and every day you guys wait to implement realm transfers you lose more players.

I am so frustrated, it's time to leave a message in the - what is it, 7th or 8th installment of this - thread about dropping population.

I am trying since early April to get a group for the Battle of Ilum flashpoint, normal mode. No luck yet! And I'm on one of the servers which sometimes even has medium population. Less and less often though. There are never more than 3 entries in the social window LFG (usually for Esselles or Hammer) and in all these days, I only got a reply to my LFG request for Ilum once. And we never found a willing third person, not even in my guild. In FP-Channel, no one even bothered answering my requests.

I am co-founder of a guild which in March had 70 active players. We now threw out 20 who haven't been online since then. We are 50 now, out of these, there are 5 who are actively playing and some more 5 to 10 who login once per week or so. The rest will be thrown out soon (we give people ~60 days time to re-login).

My friendlist contained 50+ people. I just deleted 40 who I haven't seen in many weeks either. Now I have 10 left of which I have seen 5 during the last 2 weeks. And I am online quite often.

Even worse is the market situation. Not only do prices drop tremendously, you also don't find good stuff anymore, or let's say, only as rarely as a random world orange bracers drop. ;)

Warzones... I unlist myself after 30 minutes in the queue. Guess when I played my last warzone?

And the worst thing: I am playing on an RP-server and there is no roleplaying going on anymore. The server is full of immature puberty boys who spam the general chat causing me either to fill my ignore list with entries or staying on the guild tab - where usually just one, max. two other players are.

I'm leveling up my alts through space missions and then running through lower level planets, so that I can play the heroics alone. It doesn't feel right though.

And finally, the very most terrible part for me: I got 3 x 60 days playing time cards left over (presents from friends), in addition to the 30 days I got from Bioware as a present. That makes 210 days left to use. Argh! :confused:

Sell them soon!

So letting GM fall would have been a good solution?

Don't compare apples with oranges.

OT: Transfers can't come soon enough...

So letting GM fall would have been a good solution?

Don't compare apples with oranges.

OT: Transfers can't come soon enough...

Actually, it would be a good solution. That's what is suppose to happen in a Free Market Society. You provide a crap product that people don't want, you fail.

The whole point is that someone, maybe you, can start up a company and provide a better product in its place.

Actually, it would be a good solution. That's what is suppose to happen in a Free Market Society. You provide a crap product that people don't want, you fail.

The whole point is that someone, maybe you, can start up a company and provide a better product in its place.

A new company that replace 200k employees, right away. Its about damage reduction (in a crippling economy)

GM has made of the best recovery's ever.

I know america worship the free market, but anyway this is not the right place to discuss economics :p