Server population is dropping...

Miffy

So, to boost our confidence we are given a vague "early summer" estimation. But honestly, when is early summer exactly? What is the projected roll out date? I sure hope early summer doesn't turn out to mean the middle of July.

All the talk about rerolling and eating it for the sake of playing the game, or the enjoyment, is all fine and dandy for some, but for me, I've leveled multiple toons, done the gear grinds, and find that the dynamics of pvp or group play are what is most enjoyable. At the moment, there is no group anything on the Constant, a dead server. If this issue is such a high priority as the robots say, then why can't they give us a tentative date?

1. Reroll, lose legacy,-and do the whole grind again

2. Wait until early summer (non committal timeline) for probable buggy rollout

3. Drop sub.

Edited by ubermouth

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cancelled my sub and got a survey mail.

Lets just say there were loads of "If the game were F2P" questions

They must have added those in the past month or so. I unsubbed about a month ago and don't recall seeing any or many F2P questions.

FWIW, I'd like the game to be subscription based but to actually provide value to the players for that subscription fee. You know, be an MMO and give us a way to spend more of our time playing it than we do preparing to play or waiting to play? The basics...

So, to boost our confidence we are given a vague "early summer" estimation. But honestly, when is early summer exactly? What is the projected roll out date? I sure hope early summer doesn't turn out to mean the middle of July.

All the talk about rerolling and eating it for the sake of playing the game, or the enjoyment, is all fine and dandy for some, but for me, I've leveled multiple toons, done the gear grinds, and find that the dynamics of pvp or group play are what is most enjoyable. At the moment, there is no group anything on the Constant, a dead server. If this issue is such a high priority as the robots say, then why can't they give us a tentative date?

1. Reroll, lose legacy,-and do the whole grind again

2. Wait until early summer (non committal timeline) for probable buggy rollout

3. Drop sub.

This. Daragon Trail also dead. I have three level 50s and a now unsubbed account.

Cancelled my sub and got a survey mail.

Lets just say there were loads of "If the game were F2P" questions

I for one would like to see the questions before I form an opinion of their significance.

Can you post the relevant FTP questions in this thread?

Forums says it all. This is my 3rd serious MMO. While I played SWG and wow, I had never seen a player base complain so much about actual game content. Since launch players have continuously voiced opinions about this game. And their complaints are completely warranted. Biowear was not ready to take on the Warcraft player based population that had enjoyed years of rich end game gaming content. The only thing that is keeping this game above water are the PvP population. This game will either become free or TKO with upcoming release of games like Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft 4, Rise of the Panda Express and others.

I had such high hopes for this game, but after five months of a complete let down, I am throwing in the towel.

Oh......and really.....Who cares about Legacy? For a move we can use once every 20 minutes? That cant be used in BGs? For the legacy tree that no one else can see but you? And semi lame buffs. OR have a Jedi Pure Blood? F-. So much time and effort was put into this that should have been redirected some place else.

Then why are you still here posting? Time to move on...

Indeed. The community of subscribers pushing people out is going to do a lot to help this game.

To answer the question, I initially subscribed for 6 months then BioWare gave me another one free on top of that. I'm still posting because I still can, I still care about the game enough that I'd like BioWare to fix its issues so I can in good conscience keep paying them, and I'm bored at work.

But, please do keep pushing people away. I'm sure that's the best thing to do for the long-term success of this game.

Edited by DarthTHC

I've tried re-rolling on a a heavy populated server... I couldn't finish the starting area :(

I guess I don't have it in me to start all over again when I have a few higher level characters just sitting on dead servers wanting attention.

But, please do keep pushing people away. I'm sure that's the best thing to do for the long-term success of this game.

Yep. I remember all the "If you don't like it, leave!" posts that were thrown about so readily less then a few short months ago.

Looks like all those people left. But no I agree, lets keep telling more people to leave a game that lost at least 1.1 million people in less then 5 months.

People push themselves away from the game. They choose to play, they choose not to play. Nobody forces them to play or not play. See how that works?

The point being made, that you zoomed right past with your passive aggressive reply is: if you don't like the game and don't want to play it.....WHY do you continue to post on the games forum? Even if you still have active sub time on account, if you don't play why post about it? If you are leaving for something else, why stay here and post about your dissatisfaction with the game? Even if you are bored at work, is there nothing else on the world wide web to entertain yourself with?

Edited by Andryah

People push themselves away from the game. They choose to play, they choose not to play. Nobody forces them to play or not play. See how that works?

The point being made, that you zoomed right past with your passive aggressive reply is: if you don't like the game and don't want to play it.....WHY do you continue to post on the games forum? Even if you still have active sub time on account, if you don't play why post about it? If you are leaving for something else, why stay here and post about your dissatisfaction with the game?

I never said I was leaving for something else, nor did I say I don't play. I only said I cancelled my subscription.

Maybe... just maybe... I'm sticking around because I'd like to give BioWare continuous, honest feedback from a player who enjoys much of the game but finds too much of it problematic and tedious? That maybe, if BioWare ever decides to take fan feedback to heart and puts real improvements into the game, that I might choose to re-subscribe? Wouldn't regaining subscriptions be a good thing for the game?

It's actually really, really close to being a great game. BioWare is taking some steps to fix its problems so I'm a bit encouraged. Of course, it's pretty slow, so there's that...

Anyway, pushing. Yes, posts that tell people to leave the game, or ask why they're still posting, are pushing people away. It's not something a true fan of the game would do because every player lost is a loss for the game. Obviously each player can decide to play or not to play, but posts that essentially players to get the fark out don't really help anyone or anything.

The point being made, that you zoomed right past with your passive aggressive reply is: if you don't like the game and don't want to play it.....WHY do you continue to post on the games forum? Even if you still have active sub time on account, if you don't play why post about it? If you are leaving for something else, why stay here and post about your dissatisfaction with the game? Even if you are bored at work, is there nothing else on the world wide web to entertain yourself with?

The point being made, that you zoomed right past with your passive aggressive reply is: people are trying to get enough attention to what they see as a problem to convince BW to address it sooner. Or maybe they just want to express their opinion on these forums. Regardless they have just as much right to post here as anyone else.

And on the subject of forum posts looking at your post history shows me that you seem to unquestionably defend BW while “attacking” anyone who posts a criticism or something you seem to feel is negative. To be fair I have seen you actually engage on an issue (like the “stocks thread” earlier today) but that seems to be the exception. Mostly it looks like all you can muster is ad hominem attacks.

So if you want to continue to “defend” your game by treating those that disagree with you in such a manner, that’s fine by me, I don’t let forum posts get under my skin, just remember that actions have consequences…if you help create a toxic forum environment you will be helping to drive people to greener pastures. If you chose not to see it that’s fine as well, but it doesn’t change the cause and effect.

Every “if you don’t like it, leave” post adds to the number of people doing just that. And I for one would rather have a healthier game and more positive forum environment.

Ever since May 15th...Warriors of the Shadow has gone from, having around 40-70 on the fleets. Now we are lucky if we are pushing 25-30 at peak hours. Really hope we get free transfers off this rock. Love the game and will stay till it's gone. However, I really need someway to transfer and fully enjoy the game once again.

...just remember that actions have consequences…if you help create a toxic forum environment you will be helping to drive people to greener pastures. If you chose not to see it that’s fine as well, but it doesn’t change the cause and effect.

Every “if you don’t like it, leave” post adds to the number of people doing just that. And I for one would rather have a healthier game and more positive forum environment.

Very well said!

Indeed. The community of subscribers pushing people out is going to do a lot to help this game.

To answer the question, I initially subscribed for 6 months then BioWare gave me another one free on top of that. I'm still posting because I still can, I still care about the game enough that I'd like BioWare to fix its issues so I can in good conscience keep paying them, and I'm bored at work.

Woot, another permanent victim!

A little shy of prime time, but 7 standard and every other server is at light... What happens when precious, The Fatman is at light during prime time in a month from now and we still don't have transfers?

They are holding it with the purpose of relasing Char Transfer one week after GW2 is launched to bring people back, same with ranked WZ, we are talking about crack dealers here guys!

Lol waiting til GW2 to come out for transfers will end this game.

Sure hope that is sarcasm.

Rakata Mind Prison is a ghost town.

I was considering buying a Security Key.. but there's nobody around to hack me.

Bad sign for any game is...there not even are Chinese Gold farmers around lol rofl...