Bioware, why are you forcing me into content I already did or content I don't enjoy?

Teabaker

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

I'm a pvp-player only and I really would like to play Heal-Mercenary at lvl 50 with my Friends. I already have a Marauder. However, i'm forced to play trough the same boring content I already did with my Marauder (And other lvl 20 alts..). I enjoy the class quests. However, I don't enjoy boring side quests.

Yes, I could level trough PvP.However, the Warzones don't award enough EP to be able to keep up with pure questing-EP, especially after lvl 2x. Also I miss a lot of talents and abilities, which puts me really in a disadvantage against higher levels.

So could someone please tell me why i'm forced to play content I don't enjoy at all? Why is the content I enjoy (PvP, Class Quests (( and flash points)) ) not awarding the same EP as questing?

Go play a PVP-only game. Not a game based almost entirely around PVE. Play something like Lineage, or Aion, or Gunz: The Duel, or Warhammer Online. Don't come here and demand some kind of ganker's paradise PVP fest.

You're not forced to do anything. You chose a game that is heavily based on PVE and are complaining that it isn't heavily based on PVP.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

You leveled through PVP? All the way? I don't mind PVP. Wish there was an alternative way to get to 50.

I did. I still am on my 4th toon, actually. : )

I did my class quests on each planet, and sometimes I would do a space mission if I was very close to leveling. Other than that, it was all through PvP, on all 3 characters.

It does take longer, but if you like to PvP (and I absolutely love to), it's a far more enjoyable experience than repeating fetch quests.

My suggestion: Pick up Slicing if you want to do this, as you can "break even" most of the time while sending your companions on crew missions, and if they crit, you just made a bit of cash or items to sell. When running class quests, there are a LOT of areas w/ lockboxes to slice, and this is all basically free credits.

Just a tip for those who really want to avoid ANY PvE and still need credits for training abilities, etc.

I am going to Diablo 3 until that bores me too.

= 2 weeks

then I'm going to Guild Wars 2 until that bores me also.

= 2.5 weeks

So, come May 14th... this MMO ends for me.

You'll be back on May 27.

Did some BW and EA employees break into your house and hold you at gunpoint making you play? Otherwise I don't see how they forced you to do content. Last night I watched a move, no one showed up at my house and forced me into content.

If you don't like redoing content to level another toon ur playing the wrong game... Ah any game for that matter. Every game mmo or not, when you start something new... Thats exacty what you are doing starting something new and leveling all over again. Maybe you should try a sport in real life like tennis?

Oh wait thats the same thing over and over again.... Maybe basketballs? Oh wait thats the same thing over and over again... See where i'm going with this? Every 'game' real life or not is repetative. You either love it or you don't. Clearly you don't enjoy leveling so just stick to your 50 and enjoy the daily grind. Which funnily enough is repetative.

I love how immature are the answers.

The lad does not like the idea of redoing side quests, but enjoy endgame. And then he complains. He is more than right by doing so.

So, I also believe there should be a way to curtail our way to 50 (presuming the existence of another lv 50 in the same Legacy) without having to redo content.

considering the mess they made with ilum design, I am not holding my breath for revamped anything being worth spitting on.

At least they acknowledged that Ilum failed and is completely revamping it. Better than what most games did with a failed system methinks.

Hi!

I'm a pvp-player only and I really would like to play Heal-Mercenary at lvl 50 with my Friends. I already have a Marauder. However, i'm forced to play trough the same boring content I already did with my Marauder (And other lvl 20 alts..). I enjoy the class quests. However, I don't enjoy boring side quests.

Yes, I could level trough PvP.However, the Warzones don't award enough EP to be able to keep up with pure questing-EP, especially after lvl 2x. Also I miss a lot of talents and abilities, which puts me really in a disadvantage against higher levels.

So could someone please tell me why i'm forced to play content I don't enjoy at all? Why is the content I enjoy (PvP, Class Quests (( and flash points)) ) not awarding the same EP as questing?

No one is forcing you to do anything. You choose to sit at your computer and replay the same content.

So uh... you want a 50 Merc Healer, but you don't actually want to level it... you just want it given to you because you have another lvl 50 toon? Makes total sense... seriously... you shouldn't have to earn that 2nd toon, learn how to play it or any of those things... it should just appear on your account...

The people who play this game never cease to amaze me... I swear the WoW forums were better... and that's saying a lot...

Merc healer is a different class to a marauder - so you won't really be doing all the same content

Anyway - this game offers a very large range of content, with all the trades and different class quests

Maybe this game is not so suited to someone who wants to get to max level and PVP only

Perhaps its more suited to players who like to do quests, trades, group with others in a guild and roll different classes on both factions to see all the content the developers have produced

Hello everyone!

We've removed some posts from this thread. While we understand that server populations and server transfers are hot topics within the community, this thread is not about either of those topics. Please be sure when replying to threads that your replies are on-topic, constructive and respectful to the community.

For posts that do not follow these guidelines, please know that you may use the Flag feature to report posts that violate the Rules of Conduct to the Community Team for investigation.

Thank you and have a great discussion!

considering the mess they made with ilum design, I am not holding my breath for revamped anything being worth spitting on.

Considering they did Ilum exactly like PvPers in beta wanted, as long as they just do what they do best instead of cater so much to PvPers, who can't even decide among themselves what the hell they want, the revamp will be a success.

Hi!

This post wins todays Fur Lined Bathtub award for pathetic posting.

I am not sure what the OP expects, does he want a free level 50 character given to him just because he wants it NOW DAMNIT? Does he not understand that in video games and mmos one has to play through content of some sort to level up and if he wants to avoid certain content then it will take longer to level up? Is the OP really capable of posting any sort of argument that does not sound like an uninformed whine? Inquiring minds want to know.

This post wins todays Fur Lined Bathtub award for pathetic posting.

I am not sure what the OP expects, does he want a free level 50 character given to him just because he wants it NOW DAMNIT? Does he not understand that in video games and mmos one has to play through content of some sort to level up and if he wants to avoid certain content then it will take longer to level up? Is the OP really capable of posting any sort of argument that does not sound like an uninformed whine? Inquiring minds want to know.

/stays tuned

I am going to Diablo 3 until that bores me too.

then I'm going to Guild Wars 2 until that bores me also.

So, come May 14th... this MMO ends for me.

So what are you going to do after 2 weeks of Diablo 3 (about how long it will take to get bored), and the time Guild Wars 2 Launches (since they don't even have a date yet)?

Why do people keep comparing this game with Diablo 3? They are not even close to the same type of game.

It's like comparing SWToR with Halo, MW3, Gears of War.

So it's k im forced trough content I don't enjoy?

It seems to me that the challenge your speaking about is that this is a story..quest oriented game that includes some pvp...not a pvp game that has some token questing.....I'm not saying you are wrong orbthat you leave etc...however I do think that the heart of the issue your raising has at it's core e fact that this in eve or war hammer or any of the other pvp oriented mmos. I suspect that this game will never be thebright game forbwhat you desire.