Best Class Stories

adavismkg

i dunno about anyone else but i was a bit underwhelmed with the Jedi... both of them.... for anyone who has lvled a Jedi knight, am i wrong or did it feel like a badly paced action movie? when in doubt insert hero trying to stop a bomb from going off... story solved.

i hear that imp stories are better overall and a lot of people claim the imperial agent is the best hands down... i have been thinking about looking into that

For me:

Inquisitor - 9/10, I played it twice both Dark and Light side and it was way worth it. The ending was by far the best of all the classes I've played.

Agent - So far I'm only level 24 but I LOVE it. I'll keep playing until the end since lots of people say this story is downright awesome.

Warrior - 8/10, Darth Baras is just hysterical, I played through the whole story to have another opportunity to troll him again. This was a very good story and hilarious since your master pretty much makes you laugh.

Consular - 2/10. This was terrible. I hated it so much I didn't want to touch it again. Sadly, I wanted a Shadow so I'll have to go through it. I skipped every conversation since it was so cheap and stupid. Don't play this storyline.

Bounty Hunter - 9/10. This storyline is downright epic. Not going to spoil it for anyone, but it is WAY worth playing to the end. Very epic ending and you get BLIZZ as your companion! BLIZZ! Who couldn't love a Jawa?

Bounty Hunter - 9/10. This storyline is downright epic. Not going to spoil it for anyone, but it is WAY worth playing to the end. Very epic ending and you get BLIZZ as your companion! BLIZZ! Who couldn't love a Jawa?

Epic ending yes... in fact, pretty much all of act three was awesome.

But up until then, it was by far the most boring story ive seen...

Great hunt was so-so, sure, you were spurred on by the thought of winning the great hunt and maby becoming a mandalorian or whatever was on the other side of that.

but after that?

well it was just more of the same "go here and kill this guy, but for no apparant good reason you cant just go there and kill him, you have to do all this stuff before." This was most evident on Hoth where you actually meet the guy youre supposed to kill right at the start, but in the cutscene he just talks down to you and then walks away without you even trying to stop him! And then you have to do a gazillion stuff to get him to "come and fight you" instead of being able to just go to his place and take him out...

Also, you dont really become a mandalorian (for all you fandalorians out there, i am sorry) but instead its more like a "ok, i need a mandalorian here on this council, so im gonna make you one, but it wont make a lick of difference and all mandalorians in the galaxy will still consider you an outsider"

Great... thanx mandalore...

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Epic ending yes... in fact, pretty much all of act three was awesome.

But up until then, it was by far the most boring story ive seen...

Great hunt was so-so, sure, you were spurred on by the thought of winning the great hunt and maby becoming a mandalorian or whatever was on the other side of that.

but after that?

well it was just more of the same "go here and kill this guy, but for no apparant good reason you cant just go there and kill him, you have to do all this stuff before." This was most evident on Hoth where you actually meet the guy youre supposed to kill right at the start, but in the cutscene he just talks down to you and then walks away without you even trying to stop him! And then you have to do a gazillion stuff to get him to "come and fight you" instead of being able to just go to his place and take him out...

Also, you dont really become a mandalorian (for all you fandalorians out there, i am sorry) but instead its more like a "ok, i need a mandalorian here on this council, so im gonna make you one, but it wont make a lick of difference and all mandalorians in the galaxy will still consider you an outsider"

Great... thanx mandalore...

BH was the worst (imperial, haven't played rep, just watched their story on yt [JK is freakishly boring and predictable]) story for me.

Let's go through it spoilerfree!

All of act 1 until act 3 except the very last mission is just hunting people. Over and over and over again. You just chase one bounty after another, you are probably the single most insignificant class on the imperial side because in your class story you do absolutely nothing but get paid to butcher someone. The only saving grace is the ending when you actually have a choice who you want to kill. I mean, the companions help a lot, they are awesome (except Skadge, he's just plain dumb muscle for opening tightly closed containers or whatever) and hilarious (except Thorian, he is pretty serious). There is absolutely not a single interesting twist the entire time.

I mean, you expected it to be about bounties somehow playing a BH just like you expect to kill yoour master or at least have the chance to do it playing one of the Sith classes, but it's just SO overdone. YOu go from hunt to superbounties to people the weird Sith Lord doesn't like bounties.

Warrior and Inquisitor were pretty good, Warrior was more about action, revenge and rise to power whereas Inqui was more about seeking knowledge and showed the sith from the perspective of someone who just got tossed into it all. Overall though, imperial Agent storyline is far superior in every aspect to any other class story. It's unpredictable with the most interesting (even if not beloved) companions and it is the storyline out of all classes that shows you the truth behind everything, republic, empire, the war, it's just amazing. It's almost like a really good Thriller movie.

BH- Act 1 was the best for me, act 2 and act 3 were pretty dissapointing.

SW- was fantastic in act 1 and 3, 2 was ok.

Smuggler- Act 1 started off averagely but got better, im just now starting act 2.

IA- Act 1 wasnt as good as the sw act 1 imo, but i heard act 2 and 3 are fantastic.

I mean, you expected it to be about bounties somehow playing a BH just like you expect to kill yoour master or at least have the chance to do it playing one of the Sith classes, but it's just SO overdone. YOu go from hunt to superbounties to people the weird Sith Lord doesn't like bounties.

Act 1 was what i expected and i wouldnt change anything, but act 2 seemed like a dissapointing intermission. I think they should have given some kind of mandalorian influence in act 2 just to bring it out of act 1. Act 3 made sense to me from a lore perspective so i wont complain.

IA : awesome. Twists, hard choice, several endings depending on previous choices.

On the other hand :

Counsular : predictable, boring.

Trooper : act 1 average, rest boring except 1mission toward the end (Jaxo....).

I heard IA's the best. Having played it myself a few levels, I'd agree.

Smuggler's story by itself is not that great, but the dialogue is the better of the Republic classes and it makes up for the story.

Bounty Hunter's story is acceptable, until the very ending, which is very good.

Counselor is so damn terrible is a wonder anyone rolled that class. I wonder if crappy republic stories had anything to do with everyone and their brother rolling Empire at launch? Is it too late for the Devs to fix it or is my new Shadow going to break my spacebar?

Overall though, imperial Agent storyline is far superior in every aspect to any other class story. It's unpredictable with the most interesting (even if not beloved) companions and it is the storyline out of all classes that shows you the truth behind everything, republic, empire, the war, it's just amazing. It's almost like a really good Thriller movie.

This is so true. My first 50 was a Sniper and I almost regret starting with an Agent because I feel like I've spoiled the overarching secret ending of the entire game. Also because I'm afraid now that no other class story will be able to equal it.

I have two level 50 IA's - loved it so much I went through it twice :)

I also really enjoyed the BH story.

I'm currently in Tattooine on both a Smuggler and a Consular. I have heard many people say the Consular story is boring, but so far I've liked it more than the Smuggler story, other than the occasional funny dialogues you get. hard to say still being in chapter 1.

You know what sucks... You go through this "EPIC" story line.. then you get this lame reward at the very end. All the effort in the world put into the writing and then blam-o here is a crappy reward on par with any other quest you do. :(

If they ever add a chapter to each classes storyline in a future expac.. they should give a EPIC reward.

Its a mixed bag. Personally I like Warrior best out of all the ones I've played so far. Jedi Knight is boring up until the end of act 1 then it progressively gets more interesting until the end of Act 3 is just made of epuc. Bh is pretty good, haven't played it till the end though. Trooper is fairly good, but the ending is very underwhelming.

BH was the worst (imperial, haven't played rep, just watched their story on yt [JK is freakishly boring and predictable]) story for me.

Let's go through it spoilerfree!

All of act 1 until act 3 except the very last mission is just hunting people. Over and over and over again. You just chase one bounty after another, you are probably the single most insignificant class on the imperial side because in your class story you do absolutely nothing but get paid to butcher someone. The only saving grace is the ending when you actually have a choice who you want to kill. I mean, the companions help a lot, they are awesome (except Skadge, he's just plain dumb muscle for opening tightly closed containers or whatever) and hilarious (except Thorian, he is pretty serious). There is absolutely not a single interesting twist the entire time.

I think you're forgetting the whole "framed by the republic" smear campaign part...not to mention vengeance for them literally killing and destroying your mandolorian party on nar shaddaa

Mako companion story is pretty fun. All in all though, I agree.

Here are my takes.

JK = KOTOR 3 story line.

JC = Lame 50 year old Space Herpes

you're the cure. That's all you do cure sick jedi masters

Trooper = Havoc Squad ftw. Loved the entire story, felt it was a good ending for what it was.

Even Elara went to the cantina for drinks I mean, common conclusion ;)

Smuggler = Only on Chapter 1 still. So no judgements. So far, pretty predictable and certainly unimpressed.

for one thing, the very beginning you literally lose you ship to some random scoundrel...like you wouldn't keep the keys on you or something?

SW = Soo predictable. So lame. So not going there...

SI = Only on chapter 1. So far, better than SW was.

Agent = Team America. Nuff said.

BH = Meh, had so much more potential. The great hunt was ok. The end of Chapter 1

leaving that mother ****er to die on the republic ship and letting that jedi apprentice go which later bit me in the *** go figure

great. Chapter 2 was ok, could have done more with it. Chapter 3 ... They ****ed with the wrong person ;)

Now...how would I change this, should I have power?

For one thing... Jedi Consular get's a story over haul. Instead of what it is, how about this : Wake up on a ship, getting dropped off on tython. A person asks you to head for the jedi temple to speak with "insert name here" a jedi master.

After meeting with the master, you find out you are "gifted". End of tython you must travel to Coruscant to meet with another Jedi Master. before you leave for Coruscant you receive a hazy dream vision of yourself fighting a sith.

Anyways, there is a lot more to this idea...but long story short you find out afyer a few planets that you are infact already a great master jedi but lost your memory in a "galaxy changing event yet to be named" and so Chapter 1-2 is basically you meeting old allies (companions?) who remember you but you don't remember them until later on maybe thru interactions, fighting along side them, etc. And you also run into people you've helped in the past. And of course, old enemies. I'd love to have a moment where your enemy says "What? You don't remember giving me this scar...!" ...

So yeah, imo ^ that would have been better than space herpes.

I have more but this reply is becoming too long as is...

Jedi Knight:

It was my first character, and honestly it ruined me for putting up with any other class stories. Honestly if the story wasn't so good I would have re-rolled after I discovered that I was playing the worst possible tree to level the character as (Vig, pre-nerfs to story content). However like someone had said it was KOTOR 3, and it was really fun.

Jedi Consular:

Act 1 was a complete and utter joke. I hated it a lot, but I wanted a shadow tank, so I muscled through. Acts 2 and 3 were better with a few actually cool moments, but they held no candle to the Knight.

Trooper:

I got to 33 and the absolutely mind crushing boredom of it made me delete the character. The world stories were more entertaining than the class stuff for me.

Smuggler:

I've made it to 15, it's entertaining enough. But I don't have enough grip on the story to give an honest opinion.

Sith Warrior:

Sooooo tired of Darth Burger-King already and I'm only 23. He's been a constant source of annoyance for this entire thing. Sadly I haven't leveled my Warrior for over a month because I'm just tired of listening to someone's bad Orson Wells impression.

Sith Inquisitor:

I like this story a lot. I need to spend more time on it, but Act 1 is great. A friend of mine is almost done with his class story and while I didn't want spoilers, he constantly talks about how good it is. I will level one if it kills me.

Agent:

No interest to play. I dunno why, but I just have 0 desire.

Bounty Hunter:

I love this story. A lot. Someone else complained that all you did was hunt people down... yeah? It's a Bounty Hunter. I was prepared to hate this class simply because I could see 7000 people on the server running around with some almost spelling of Fett while they pretended to be some ancient ancestor. I tried it in beta on a whim and I loved it. The play is what I expected, but the story and the way the structure works like some old western revenge story? Oh yeah. I was sold.

I think you're forgetting the whole "framed by the republic" smear campaign part...not to mention vengeance for them literally killing and destroying your mandolorian party on nar shaddaa

Mako companion story is pretty fun. All in all though, I agree.

Agree, Makos story was more interesting than the BH story but it has no closure (or did I just choose ALL the wrong dialogue options?). Still don't know anything about... "the others", what the project was, what SIS had to do with it, what Mako really is now etc. Also, during her comp. quest I ... think I made her and Torian a couple, yet Torian never mentions this which felt really really weird with the thousands of flirt prompts I've gotten.

For the part you mentioned: It is just the same as Braden - knew him 5 minutes, mofo got killed and now I care why exactly? I mean, yeah I'd shoot the guy who did it out of honor but didn't really get t me emotionally like it was for Mako. As IA you take A LOT of **** from soo many people that you really start to hate them, as a BH it's just like... "oh you killed the guy I've just met, I'll hunt you to the end of the galaxy to avenge ehm... bob? was his name bob? I think his name was bob.. or rob? Robby? ah screw it. CREDITS BABY!"

It just felt like there were SO many missed oppertunities for the story - act 1 / guy who shot braden should've been killed earlier, great hunt should've been 2 planets only afterwards. The whole Mandalorian thing should've been more epic, more visits, more conversations, more being mandalorian. I remember reporting back to Imp. Intelligence SO often that I just started to care about them, I talked to Mandalore once... once, what the hell could I possibl feel (well, feeling in games at least) because of that? I was like ...yeah, so Imma Mandalorian nau... and yeah, great, moar bounties, woot \o/.

Final act made it somewhat personal with all the dirt they threw at you, but the sidetracking over two plantets to once again kill someone you don't give a **** about was just dumb :/

I don't know, maybe it's because I played BH last after all other three Imp. stories but I felt it was lame. The JK story with all it's cliches and star wars fanfiction level script was probably worse, for the others I don't know (watched the story only on yt though and maybe it was just so boring because of the most pu-you-asleep-voiceactor ever but the story really sucked).

Best stories (in order):

Imperial Agent (either alignment): Space James Bond meets good John Grisham novel. Tons of great twists, interesting companions, fantastic storyline that sheds a lot of light on the game's plot as a whole. Tons of different ways it can end or play out. Also pretty much the only story that's equally good as LS or DS.

Light Side Sith Warrior: Trolling and mindf***ing Jedi all day erryday. Claiming the moral high ground on all of them while they look on :jawa_confused: and snarking at Darth Baras every chance you get. Never seen another Star Wars story like it.

Dark Side Smuggler:

Building your own galactic criminal empire as Evil Han Solo? Sign me up!

Dark Side Jedi Knight: It honestly shocks me that more people don't play DS JK, I guess it's because of the nature of the storyline and character you naturally gravitate towards the goody-two-shoes LS hero. You don't know what you're missing. Imagine playing the game as Renegade Shepard with a lightsaber and you get the idea. It's absolutely hilarious seeing Satele sneer at you in impotent disappointment and horror knowing you're little better than the Sith, but she can't do anything about it since

you're The Chosen One and are destined to kill the Emperor, who is pretty much the most evil being that's ever existed.

JK Darkside choices are just "how much of a dick do i want to be" there is often no real reason to make a dark side decision except for the sake of being evil.

I've done JK, Trooper and Consular to completion and Smuggler up too Alderaan. The pure scope and epic-ness of the JK story gets it first just because it really is KoTOR 3, despite how predictable it is and how it offers little to no plot twists. Smuggler has a unique story and experience, with great dialogue and nice planet quest lines. Trooper had fantastic dark/light side choices and had one of my favorite Act 1s, it got slow in Act 2, but got better again in Act 3.

And of course the Consular is by far the worst of all. Terrible Act 1, Boring Act 2, and Slow Act 3. The companions are bland and uninteresting and conform to strict stereotypes with the exception of Tharan. It is clear that BioWare was trying to fit the consular into a seeker of knowledge and diplomat except they forgot to add int he knowledge seeking and diplomacy part. The only mystical Jedi nonsense you encounter is the Noetikons which lasts all of 3 quests and their idea of diplomacy is to put you on a ship and obey a bunch of whinny and neurotic prima donna's unending demands while they constantly critic and demean you throughout your adventures. There is a twist or two a long the way to keep you awake but aside from that there is little to keep you interested. Being dark side is awkward and stupid and being light side is completely dull and predictable. There is little to no redeeming qualities to anything and I would not recommend rolling one unless you really want a Shadow or Sage.

Jedi Knight > Smuggler > Trooper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Consular.

For me the IA was the best story from start to finish.

I did like my Sage story line, but it kinda became very boring after chapter 2.

I found the trooper story line to be very boring from start to finish, which was a big disappointment.

The BH story was a bit above average, but after the IA story line, it did not grab me. Maybe my expectations after the IA story line was to great for the other classes :mad:

For the part you mentioned: It is just the same as Braden - knew him 5 minutes, mofo got killed and now I care why exactly?.

Well, actually according to a little later in the BH story, a little part Mako explains, or you explain to mako...something idk...basically Braden was an old friend of yours that's why he called you in to Nal Hutta to help get into the great hunt.