This need to be changed ASAP Its killing PvP

dudeyoumadbro

Am I the only one who thinks that moves that stop you from moving completely should add to your resolve? From what I have experience its mostly the Smuggler/Imperial classes that have a majority of these moves, and its quite frustrating when you have a full resolve meter and you are still stopped in your tracks, or blasted back with the Troopers/BH pushback, As a Jedi Knight, If i cant force push someone with a full Resolve Meter, they shouldn't be able to push me. Any one else agree with this?

BH/Commando knockback does not have a root and the knockback does build resolve. Smugglers rely on the root to maintain range and so far I don't see a problem with it. I just wish Commandos had all the tools gunslingers have.

Says the Guardian who's root at the end of their leap does not affect resolve.

I could be incorrect, but one of the initial changes in the 1.2 patch was that it was supposed to add 300 resolve. Did it get taken out, or was I dreaming?

I could be incorrect, but one of the initial changes in the 1.2 patch was that it was supposed to add 300 resolve. Did it get taken out, or was I dreaming?

They said it would but I never notice my resolve building when I get charged but I mean with all the CC going on it may be happening.

Anything that impairs your movement should build resolve, period. I've (and most people I'd wager) have been chain snared, completely unable to move with zero resolve bar increase. As a ranged DPS, if I'm locked into one spot, I have no defense against the melee mob on top of me.

OP, KBs are all affected by resolve.

Edit: Otherwise, give all classes similar abilities. Give me a 100% snare. Give me an interrupt.

Edited by ekwalizer

Am I the only one who thinks that moves that stop you from moving completely should add to your resolve? From what I have experience its mostly the Smuggler/Imperial classes that have a majority of these moves, and its quite frustrating when you have a full resolve meter and you are still stopped in your tracks, or blasted back with the Troopers/BH pushback, As a Jedi Knight, If i cant force push someone with a full Resolve Meter, they shouldn't be able to push me. Any one else agree with this?

Actually, most roots in game belongs to jedi knights/sith warriors.

Force leap for everyone and 2 additional 3 sec roots for combat/carnage spec for sent/marauder - no other class have access to 3 roots.

Also - official statement of devs about roots, snares and resolve - link is in my sig.

Actually, most roots in game belongs to jedi knights/sith warriors.

Force leap for everyone and 2 additional 3 sec roots for combat/carnage spec for sent/marauder - no other class have access to 3 roots.

Also - official statement of devs about roots, snares and resolve - link is in my sig.

I know all of that about my Class, Im just saying they need to add some resolve. Plus most of the time I'm stopped by a Force Ability from the Sorcerers, I'm not to familiar with their abilities but I know that its a cast and once its casted i cant move at all.

I know all of that about my Class, Im just saying they need to add some resolve. Plus most of the time I'm stopped by a Force Ability from the Sorcerers, I'm not to familiar with their abilities but I know that its a cast and once its casted i cant move at all.

Sorc can have roots on their knockbacks or as top tier talent in madness tree.

Anyway, as it was offcialy stated - roots and snares are part of the kiting game and thus are not affected by resolve. Your (guardians) functionality in 4-10m range is not so bad, you have 2 ranged damage skills and ability to generate focus without hitting anything. You can spec to have another 10m range skill + you have 10-30m range attack. Because there is virtually not a single class unable to fight while rooted or to defend themselves (by defensive CD, medpacks etc), roots are not part of resolve.

Sorc can have roots on their knockbacks or as top tier talent in madness tree.

Anyway, as it was offcialy stated - roots and snares are part of the kiting game and thus are not affected by resolve. Your (guardians) functionality in 4-10m range is not so bad, you have 2 ranged damage skills and ability to generate focus without hitting anything. You can spec to have another 10m range skill + you have 10-30m range attack. Because there is virtually not a single class unable to fight while rooted or to defend themselves (by defensive CD, medpacks etc), roots are not part of resolve.

I should also point out that melee classes have equivalent counters to roots and snares (gap closers, purges, immunities, and roots and snares of their own) in order to balance the kiting meta game around player skill and not character class.

If you are going around thinking you should have greater than 50% melee uptime against a skilled range player you are severely mistaken.

Edited by Darth_Philar

Assassin/Shadow Tanks can PULL with full resolve bars, yet PTs can not do this... HOW CAN YOU PULL with full resolve.... Thats stupid and should have been fixed a long time ago.

Well, you cant pull with full resolve. Of course, if you have proofs that assasins can do that, then videos please.

No. Rift had roots on their DR timer and it made melee classes completely unplayable. Enjoy playing your Guardian when you cannot root or slow a ranged class at all.

I don't think you even understand how Resolve works, since with a full Resolve Bar you are immune to knockback, and as a Guardian you have access to an ability that makes you CC immune for 4 seconds after a charge.

TLDNR: No.

There is always at least one of you guys who say "l2p" with everything, if you have nothing productive to say then ****.

To be fair, about 98% of all PvP problems can be resolved by learning to correctly play the class you rolled.

The remaining 2% aren't going to be fixed by complaining on a forum... ;)

No. Rift had roots on their DR timer and it made melee classes completely unplayable. Enjoy playing your Guardian when you cannot root or slow a ranged class at all.

I don't think you even understand how Resolve works, since with a full Resolve Bar you are immune to knockback, and as a Guardian you have access to an ability that makes you CC immune for 4 seconds after a charge.

TLDNR: No.

And if that Ranged class has a barrier up and I cant Force leap? nothing i can do.

To be fair, about 98% of all PvP problems can be resolved by learning to correctly play the class you rolled.

The remaining 2% aren't going to be fixed by complaining on a forum... ;)

OMG I think I will add this to my sig;)

I'm sorry but speaking strictly for Operatives (which you seem to mention) there is no ability that we have that ignores resolve. The 4 abilities that we have that can stop a person in their tracks are below; all are abilities that improve with point allocation.

Hidden Strike - Concealment tree

Debilitate - Lethality tree

Flashbang - Lethality tree

Sever Tendon - Concealment tree (2 points for 100% chance to stop target for 2 seconds.)

There *was* an ability in the Guardian's Defense skill tree that added a stun to the root when you leap in. No one was taking it because it gave free resolve to your opponent for very little benefit (the root was all you needed).

They were going to remove the ability from the skill tree and force us to take it as a passive while leveling, and we pointed out the free resolve issue on the forums. Bioware wisely removed the ability from the game entirely.

This is probably what you are remembering.