Rakghoul Plague Outbreak Ended - Surprised by this?

Arjin

I was. 220 DNA samples. Little window for a warning would have been nice.

Put a vendor on the fleet for a week. Put way too much effort to get these. Now I need to flush em down the toilet with all of my Merc, Champion, and Centurion comms????

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am pretty sure it was posted somehwere when it was to end.... did they not have a forum post about it?

i know for a fact it was announced by players on my server all the time..

i am about 90% sure they announced it in the forums.sorry you didnt make the cut off..totally sucks

I was. 220 DNA samples. Little window for a warning would have been nice.

Put a vendor on the fleet for a week. Put way too much effort to get these. Now I need to flush em down the toilet with all of my Merc, Champion, and Centurion comms????

They made it pretty clear when it was ending. First thing I do when any event happens(in any MMO) is I check up on when it's ending.

Why is it that when some players neglect to become informed on things, it turns out to be BioWare's fault?

OP, the event could have lasted a year and you would have been surprised by it's ending if you never take it upon yourself to search out the info or at minimum ask around.

Obviously they didn't make it clear.

This is their first event, it was fun but there are some things that can be improved upon.

Leaving a vendor behind after the event for a week is not unheard of and does not damage the story line

Edited by Arjin

A little logical thinking will lead you to the answer to this.

A dev post stated that the Jawa vendor will be returning at some point in the future.

A dev post also stated that the plague effects may linger for a bit.

(Conjecture) What they don't want is people continuing to sit in fleets in the plague drum circle infecting themselves repeatedly to farm DNA samples and buy out the "limited time" rewards. I would guess that they'll wait until the majority of players are no longer infected and then they'll drop the Jawa vendor on the fleet so you can spend your accumulated DNA samples.

Or, you could sell them to me. I'll pay you 250 credits each. ;)

Procrastination will get you no where in a hurry.

I had 342 DNA last night... farmed up to 372 and bought a pet for each myself and wife (120) and 3 level 50 crystals (249) and put them in the bank.

Deposited the 3 remaining DNA in guild vault. :D

I asked the question IN ADVANCE whether or not the vendor was going to be around. I got no indication he would be, so I spent them.

Be proactive, not procrastinate.

Edited by FooBard

Not everyone reads the forums, or listens to guild chat, or other players. Or socializes with anyone else at all ever. And they don't like surprises. In fact they'd prefer to be playing an offline solo game, but then they'd have no one to complain to.

Not everyone reads the forums, or listens to guild chat, or other players. Or socializes with anyone else at all ever. And they don't like surprises. In fact they'd prefer to be playing an offline solo game, but then they'd have no one to complain to.

if people like that prefer not to socialize or play in groups or play an offline solo game....why arent they?

that can not be used an an excuse as to why they did not make themselves informed.

from day 1 i wondered when would this end..

Edited by thomasgallant

OK I understand that they may and probably did post that it was going to end. I acknowledge that this is not biowares fault. But let me say this. YOU NEVER REMOVE NPC TURN IN / VENDORS FROM AN EVENT AS SOON AS IT ENDS. Period no arguement EVER. You end the event, the quest line, the items needed to finish the quest but NEVER the turn in vendor and if you do its NEVER right after the event ends. There are ALWAYS people like this poster and myself that for some reason or another thought they had time to turn them in and now spent a lot of time on something totally worthless.

I myself had to attend my grandmothers funeral, a burial at sea and the whole event took much longer and an unexpected stay overnight until today where I logged in to find out the event was over as I expected but the vendor was also removed.

I am pleading that if you decide not to reinstate the vendor that in future events you leave the final vendor up for at least a week after an event ends.

I have played many MMO games since the mid 90's and all of them learn this same lesson. Many of them reinstate or leave the final turn in / mob you hail, etc for a few weeks after the event ends so everyone gets a chance to recieve the rewards.

If you decide that this is not an option for this event then in future events I beg that you do keep the final vendor / turn in mob longer than the event. There is always some people who have unusual circumstances.

YOU NEVER REMOVE NPC TURN IN / VENDORS FROM AN EVENT AS SOON AS IT ENDS. Period no arguement EVER. You end the event, the quest line, the items needed to finish the quest but NEVER the turn in vendor and if you do its NEVER right after the event ends. There are ALWAYS people like this poster and myself that for some reason or another thought they had time to turn them in and now spent a lot of time on something totally worthless.

Tell that to Blizzard. For the longest time they had the vendors removed as soon as the event ended.

There was even one year they even changed the event currency from the previous year, rendering any that people had saved from years past to be completely useless.

Obviously they didn't make it clear.

This is their first event, it was fun but there are some things that can be improved upon.

Leaving a vendor behind after the event for a week is not unheard of and does not damage the story line

When you say they didn't make is clear, you mean you couldn't read the sticky they had in the main forums stating that the event was going to end? Hell, I read a quest guide that stated if I wanted to get all the containment armor peices I had to have started doing them by Apr 19 to get all of them before they ended the event.

When you say they didn't make is clear, you mean you couldn't read the sticky they had in the main forums stating that the event was going to end? Hell, I read a quest guide that stated if I wanted to get all the containment armor peices I had to have started doing them by Apr 19 to get all of them before they ended the event.

sounds clear to me

To be fair, only a small percentage of players visit the forums, and I bet an even smaller percentage goes to third party web sites.

Not really surprised it ended. I am more surprised at the other faction camping the vendor and killing anyone that tried to use him the last two hours before the server went down.

I am on a pvp server so I guess I should have expected this, but it really seems like an evil and childish thing to do. Thankfully there was two instances of Tatooine so people could still get their last min purchases.

(I say thankfully, b/c my faction wasn't willing to fight back in an effort to secure the vendor for everyone.) :mad:

Edited by PacificaSolaria

Not really surprised it ended. I am more surprised at the other faction camping the vendor and killing anyone that tried to use him the last two hours before the server went down.

I am on a pvp server so I guess I should have expected this, but it really seems like an evil and childish thing to do. Thankfully there was two instances of Tatooine so people could still get their last min purchases.

(I say thankfully, b/c my faction wasn't willing to fight back in an effort to secure the vendor for everyone.) :mad:

sounds like a crappy faction to me:P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.