Rakghoul Plague Outbreak Ended - Surprised by this?

Arjin

Obviously they didn't make it clear.

This is their first event, it was fun but there are some things that can be improved upon.

Leaving a vendor behind after the event for a week is not unheard of and does not damage the story line

I thought it ended late today...not "...right....NOW" kind of ending...only a few DNA on me and a ton of vaccines haha...but hmmm yeah.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the event. But it's stupid that you took the vendor away immediately. Why? What point did it serve? Wasted time and wasted tokens for me now since I was out of town this weekend. WoW sure didn't do that....

Have you played WoW? Every seasonal event is like that. Day after Noble Garden - chocolate eggs in your inventory disappear, vendor is gone etc. Same with the rest of the seasonal (ie limited time) events.

It looks like what people want to communicate to Bioware is they wish in game notification (Would changing the announcement on fleet work for those who were not aware?) and vendor remaining after the event ends (forever? for a day for a week?)

As for missing parts due to real life - Well events are limited in duration - they would be added to the base content if they did not end. Notification issues aside do you think you had enough time to do the event vs the time it was on the servers?

This is The first in game event- Give Bioware some concrete feedback they can use.

To be fair, only a small percentage of players visit the forums, and I bet an even smaller percentage goes to third party web sites.

I usually try not to troll or treat others with less respect than I would like myself, but the argument of I didn't know this because I didn't get on the forums, so I am going to make a post ON the forums about not knowing this and being pissed off is a piss poor excuse. Tired of soooo many people trashing Bioware. I was less than impressed by ME3 ending, I have seen our population dropping on my server, but honestly, they are all still GREAT games, there is a reason that I no longer play WoW. I don't get to chop things up with LIGHTSABERS.

Loved the event. But it's stupid that you took the vendor away immediately. Why? What point did it serve? Wasted time and wasted tokens for me now since I was out of town this weekend. WoW sure didn't do that....

Different design studio, different company, two completely different games. If you don't like it go back to WOW and stop comparing/complaining. Like WOW hasn't done that before. Yes, I have played WOW from Vanilla to the sorry state it is in today. I am tired of people comparing everything to WOW, remember WOW took a lot from Ever Quest. Like the developers at Blizzard know what they are doing? How may times have they redone the talent trees? Let me think original talent trees, Wrath talent trees, Cataclysm talent trees and finally now Mists of Pandoria. Let's not forget how Blizzaard jacked up the aggro table for tanks in the begining of Cataclysm.

I knew the event was ending. I assumed that meant I would not longer be able to do dailies nor would I be able to be infected any more.

I did not know that the vendor was going away (or I would have spent my saved up rakghoul dna). Seems a fairly silly thing to take away, was expecting something more along the lines of the WoW limited time event(s), where you could turn in tokens for YEARS after the event ended. (They obviously should have had more events)

I knew the event was ending. I assumed that meant I would not longer be able to do dailies nor would I be able to be infected any more.

I did not know that the vendor was going away (or I would have spent my saved up rakghoul dna). Seems a fairly silly thing to take away, was expecting something more along the lines of the WoW limited time event(s), where you could turn in tokens for YEARS after the event ended. (They obviously should have had more events)

You're confusing special events with holidays and when holidays end the vendors go away for a year when it ends. This is no different.

Tell that to Blizzard. For the longest time they had the vendors removed as soon as the event ended.

There was even one year they even changed the event currency from the previous year, rendering any that people had saved from years past to be completely useless.

Then they just started to outright delete the currency when the event ended. Be glad Bioware didn't take a page from that book.

I usually don't post on the forums. The event was on the main web page stating it was going to end April 24, 2012. I am sooo tired of people thinking it is some one elses fault because they didnt take the time to read or get informed. I think Bioware is doing a good job of fixing issues and adding new content, its not like Bioware can just crap out code and have an issue instantly fixed. Bioware gives you the information, people just need to read it and take responsibility.

Huge blunder, BW.

I was gone for 3 days. Now the game time I put into the event is wasted. Ending the event means ending the ability to acquire currency toward the event items, and no more event quests.

This will be bad PR for SWToR. Not helping the silent masses that are on the fence about renewing. "Yay, I have a couple hundred DNAs that are now useless unless I stick around for a year. What a waste of time. /ragequit".

What game takes away an event vendor at the same time an event ends?

Really?

Fire your PR person if they haven't chimed in on this, BW.

Huge blunder, BW.

I was gone for 3 days. Now the game time I put into the event is wasted. Ending the event means ending the ability to acquire currency toward the event items, and no more event quests.

This will be bad PR for SWToR. Not helping the silent masses that are on the fence about renewing. "Yay, I have a couple hundred DNAs that are now useless unless I stick around for a year. What a waste of time. /ragequit".

Really?

Bioware made it known that the event was ending. Very clearly too, AND that the vendor was going too. It is not their fault at all that people choose not to keep themselves informed. The end date of the event was known for a week, at least.

Blizzard does it every single time.

Edited by jgoldsack

Ok... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=418771

We are happy to announce that we are starting to make progress in the neutralization of the Rakghoul Plague Outbreak. It is our hope that the outbreak will be completely contained by April 24th at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

Huge blunder, BW.

Really?

did it say they were putting the vendor back in a few days once the infection died down?

I usually don't post on the forums. The event was on the main web page stating it was going to end April 24, 2012. I am sooo tired of people thinking it is some one elses fault because they didnt take the time to read or get informed.

Let's say you're at work and you employer has an event for it's employees. For example, sales: "Sell X amount of items, and get a token you can turn in for some perk at the human resources website. The event starts on Sunday, and ends on Saturday night!"

On Wednesday, you grinded to get a lot of these tokens, but had a vacation scheduled on Thursday. You might pop into work on Saturday to get a few more, but not sure. You get back on Tuesday, and decided to cash in your tokens on the HR website. Event is done, so can't get anymore tokens.

Website turn in button is gone.

Call HR...

You: "Hey where is the turn in button, I have all these sales tokens."

HR: "The event ended, so you can't turn them in."

You: "Wait what?"

HR: "You were told the event would end on Saturday, and on Thursday, we announced that you couldn't turn them in."

You: "I was on vacation, why didn't you just say that when the event end date was first stated on Sunday???"

HR: "No exceptions."

You: "So I just wasted my time and effort and you're screwing me because I wasn't around for 3 days to hear you announce that you're doing this event a different way than 99% of other sales companies do their events?"

HR: "SIR!, we might redo the event at some point, possibly in a year."

You: "I don't even..."

Guy who cashed out on Saturday after hearing the notice: "LOL! Why you complaining!?"

Naw this won't piss anyone off.

Edited by Partyrockk

Let's say you're at work and you employer has an event for it's employees. For example, sales: "Sell X amount of items, and get a token you can turn in for some perk at the human resources website. The event starts on Sunday, and ends on Saturday night!"

On Wednesday, you grinded to get a lot of these tokens, but had a vacation scheduled on Thursday. You might pop into work on Saturday to get a few more, but not sure. You get back on Tuesday, and decided to cash in your tokens on the HR website. Event is done, so can't get anymore tokens.

Call HR...

HR: "You were told the event would end on Saturday, and on Thursday, we announced that you couldn't turn them in."

You: "I was on vacation, why didn't you just say that when the event end date was first stated on Sunday???"

You: "So I just wasted my time and effort and you're screwing me because I wasn't around for 3 days to hear you announce that you're doing this event a different way than 99% of other sales companies do their events?"

HR: "No comment."

Guy who cashed out on Saturday after hearing the notice: "LOL!"

Since you also knew when it was ending and when you were going to be gone, you should've not been lazy and hit the button until waiting until the day after. You are just pissed at BW because you procrastinated.

Call HR...

HR: "No comment."

Guy who cashed out on Saturday after hearing the notice: "LOL!"

Lol. Bioware never said you woudl be able to turn in the DNA after the event was over. Nor does "every other game company" do it that way either. Your whole argument is flawed.

Since people always compare SWTOR to WoW, I'll do the same. Blizzard removes currency from players at the end of events, as well as removes the vendors at the end of the event too. However, the difference is no one is generally surprised about it, because IT IS THE SAME EVERY YEAR.

Now, if Bioware HAD STATED that you woudl be able to turn in the items after the event, and then changed their minds halfway through, you woudl have a valid complaint. But they didn't, you only ASSUMED that you woudl be able to do so.

Edited by jgoldsack

I was. 220 DNA samples. Little window for a warning would have been nice.

Put a vendor on the fleet for a week. Put way too much effort to get these. Now I need to flush em down the toilet with all of my Merc, Champion, and Centurion comms????

they announced last week it would end today,why so surprised? if you would have taken 30 seconds to visit this site you would have known this.

SERIOUSLY?? ok end the event and stop the DNA samples from being acquired, stop the dailies, etc... BUT WHY REMOVE THE VENDOR??? come on.

because the event is over...no event=no event vendor...not that hard to figure out

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.