Companions not putting away their weapons

Monoth

Ive noticed this too... I bought a new vibro-blade for Khem, but when he puts it on his back it doesn't disappear or walking around with blasters out for another. It doesn't seem to hurt or change anything (actually I think it looks cool). Seems like a common visual glitch, like when I ride my speeder sometimes I'm still holding my saber, and has no effect on your game play. Maybe that's why it hasn't been deemed an immediate fix. Or is yours reacting differently? I wouldn't know.

I too noticed that it's basically guaranteed to bug out after 1.2

For Kira anyway, the weapon drawn bug seems to be related to her "combat stances." I forgot their names, but it's the armor pen. one and DOT one. So long as either one is selected, Kira would be stuck with weapon drawn. The best thing to do is to disable the combat stance, dismiss, and resummon her. Just remember to reactivate one of the stances before starting combat.

It's a drag.

Another issue is with Cut Scenes, you will the see the blades glowing by themselves in one area and Kira will be in another area during the cut scene, it really kills the immersion of the cut scene... I'll try and take screenshot next time...

I agree, there's nothing like running around Fleet, or Coruscant - with Aric running behind me with that bleepin' huge cannon pointed at me....scary. Just scary. :eek: Just watch where you point that thing...ok? :)

I like it better when I do something that makes me umount my blaster cannon from my back (fortitude, etc) and the animation doesn't dock it back to home, so I'm running around with a huge heavy blaster cannon and holding it with one hand. Looks awesome.

Yup. This is one of the nits that I pick in this game. Makes me grouchy. Also when you use your weapon to blow something up it gets stuck in "wielded" position.

However, I just smack the "z" key a couple times and that's sorted but not so with companions. I wish that you could say: Oh for heaven sakes, just put that away for now, willya?".

I like it better when I do something that makes me umount my blaster cannon from my back (fortitude, etc) and the animation doesn't dock it back to home, so I'm running around with a huge heavy blaster cannon and holding it with one hand. Looks awesome.

Actually yes that is pretty awesome.

Also my companion's weapon becomes invisible every time I exit an elevator...not sure if I prefer it either pointing at my arse or just not being visible at all! :D Poor Aric and his weapons malfunctions...

I have noticed it too on all of my toons and I have come to a point where I avoid companions with a sabre like the pest. It's not the animation that drives me up the walls, but the humming sound that's permanently in my ear from the light sabre.

Since 1.2 this bug also found my Kira...it's kind of annoying(especially if she sheaths the lightsaber while it's still on. It would be nice if the sheath/unsheath button also would work on your companion or have a seperate button for that one...or just fix the bug...

The stupid thing is that in beta, the companions would just holster or ready their weapon based on your own stance. Yet another bewildering functionality removal...

I remember this from beta...bring it back BW!

p.s. some of us like to show off our companion weapons from time to time.

Edited by DizzD

I too noticed that it's basically guaranteed to bug out after 1.2

For Kira anyway, the weapon drawn bug seems to be related to her "combat stances." I forgot their names, but it's the armor pen. one and DOT one. So long as either one is selected, Kira would be stuck with weapon drawn. The best thing to do is to disable the combat stance, dismiss, and resummon her. Just remember to reactivate one of the stances before starting combat.

It's a drag.

Except with the implant/earpiece bug, if you dismiss and resummon, you have to then re-equip gear to get stats back to normal... :(

I've notcied this for awhile now that some companions will not put away their weapons, it's starting to get a bit annoying given this has been going on for several months now... When is Bioware going to fix this? Can't be that hard to fix the code...

Kira walking around with her Lightsaber Out

Kira committing Harakiri

I know what you mean. I remember while leveling up my trooper, Aric Jorgan would just walk around with his auto cannon unsheathed. And we would walk into the Senate Tower. I would have my rifle sheathed, but no, my companion thinks someone in the friggin' SENATE TOWER in the UPPER CITY OF THE CAPITOL OF THE REPUBLIC is going to ambush us. And don't get me started on Tanno...

Ya, I've noticed this too since 1.2. Jaesa will not put her weapon away. I took it from her thinking it would solve the problem, but she still acts as if she has it out, so I usually just dismiss her. My wife has the same issue. I haven't noticed with Khem, but then again his sword isn't as noticable as a light saber. Xalek and Jaesa never put theirs away though.