Team of Operatives destroyed Operatives.

Daecollo

Can someone link to the original post by the devs about the stunlocking operatives?

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19979-guild-summit-interview-with-georg-zoeller

"On the topic of nerfs, it’s obviously controversial if we decide we have to nerf something. I don’t expect people to throw us a parade. Ultimately, people are going to be very unhappy. Practical matter is you need a complete bird’s eye view of all eight classes — how they interplay with each other, how the entire health of the game is — to fully understand how things go. There is the small-minded approach of “so many people play Sorcerer, BioWare is never going to touch them.” No, that is not how it works. If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people — yes, there aren’t many Operatives — but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause it’s not fun. We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe."

No they will give us another stack of TA, 3 will be baseline and 4 for medics, they also will reduce damage on hs and bs, while buffing lacerate again.

We will be disgustingly op in 1.3.

Heh. I'd take those changes. Doubt they'll ever happen though. I'm basically expecting every patch that touches operatives/scoundrels to be a nerf, or a thinly veiled nerf. I'll be honestly surprised if we receive a genuine buff to DPS.

Heh. I'd take those changes. Doubt they'll ever happen though. I'm basically expecting every patch that touches operatives/scoundrels to be a nerf, or a thinly veiled nerf. I'll be honestly surprised if we receive a genuine buff to DPS.

Of course you`d take those changes, they`d put another O and another P into operatives.

Lacerate can put out some sick pressure in pvp as it stands now if you do it right, with those changes...

(edit) regarding dps in pve I politely ask you to read through this thread read it all, it will probably change your gaming experience.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=414012

Edited by Bazzoong

Of course you`d take those changes, they`d put another O and another P into operatives.

Lacerate can put out some sick pressure in pvp as it stands now if you do it right, with those changes...

(edit) regarding dps in pve I politely ask you to read through this thread read it all, it will probably change your gaming experience.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=414012

Lacerate hits for about 2-3k damage in PVP. Not really that sick pressure. Really not that amazing when compared to other DPS. Even if they did boost lacerate damage, if the reduction to backstab was great enough, it would not matter much. Mainly because it's still resting on a limited resource and is controlled by another skill on cooldown.

Personally, I just want some extra damage outside of stealth that doesn't rely on positioning, and some kind of group utility. Perhaps a debuff I can put on an enemy. And a some kind of gap closer.

I find it much more annoying when there are groups of sentinels that can hold nodes for days because undying rage is the most OP cooldown i have ever seen given to a DPS class i wont even get started on all the other cooldowns they have.. i also dont see how a team of operatives can stun lock you in this game when 2 of our stuns caps your resolve .. georg must be playing WOW or something

Stay in the PvP-forums please. That's where the no-brainers belong. I don't want any mara QQ here, since it's not justified at all.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

Yo, where are all of these operative teams at? With, what, 7 billion people playing this game, you'd think a video of such activity would exist.

(Hey, moderator, I hope this post is peaches n' cream and candy land enough for ya. If not, send me my umpteenth warning. Go ahead, I'll wait for you to look up the word "umpteen" before you make your decision.)

I can't unsubb because they gave me 30 free days to keep me here, so instead, I avoid the teams all together and just afk in warzones after getting my medals.

And of course, get laughed at in pve when I'm having to rush up to the boss and not give my group any benefits other than my sub-par dps

But that would make them... pooperatives!

That's the dev team's game design and balance philosophy:

"We don't make you go, we just make it easier for you to go."

Edited by Xaearth