===>Whats the MAXimum amount of money you would pay per character transfer?<===

Talsalus

Pay?

I'm not going to pay because Bioware for some reason saw fit to add 90 servers for EU alone, no wonder most servers has a handful of players online at any time.

I'd consider reactivating my subscription if they enabled character transfer, if when you tried to move your old characters to a non-dead server it didn't conflict the legacies on the different servers, forcing you to delete one.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the first round of transfers should be guided transfers from light to standard pop servers and they should be free.

Bioware is smart, they know better than to charge their customers for doing something that fixes their game.

I feel like the smart thing for them to do would be a combo of the Rift/WoW model.

For Example:

Transfers to Bioware approved servers (servers that Bioware has determined need a population injection) from Bioware approved servers (servers that are light) should be liberal and free and tightly monitored. No charge for these makes sense as this is a cooperative effort between Bioware and their customers to make the game better for everybody

Transfers that are for personal purposes only should be paid for. Somewhere between 10 and 20 bucks should be sufficient. These transfers should also be monitored very closely so we don't end up with another "Fatman" situation.

Just my opinion.

This. They classify a server status - determined by how popular it is.

A transfer that address balance is free, once that makes the situation worse incurs a charge.

Charges as suggested:

Single toon: £5-10

Entire Legacy or 3+ toons: £10-20

..because you know EA's not going to let them do it for free. WoW currently charges $25 per character transfer. Personally I believe each should be free, similar to the system rift has.

What do you guys think?

Whats the maximum amount you would be willing to pay to transfer to another server?

My max is $10-15.... and even that is too high imo

Why should they look at WoW when comparing prices? Why not say Rift instead? Trion charges nothing for transfers in Rift. They do limit it though which might be a thing to look at. You can transfer a character, not limited to one, free once every 7 days.

If you want to follow a model, follow Trion's model and don't charge for petty stuff.

zero. The servers are still too much in flux, GW2 and TSW coming out soon, as well as a few other MMO's going free to play, and regional servers offering free transfers, I would not pay to transfer right now.

I suspect server merges with in the next 6 months anyway.

Between 150 and 200 million dollars.

Real answer: Zero. I will not pay to have data copied from point A to point B. This is the age of computers and transfers do not require time nor effort and therefore should be free.

If I were on a low population / dead server, I wouldn't. It's BioWare's responsibility to make its MMO feel like it has enough people.

If I just wanted to move characters, well... I probably wouldn't do that, either. I'd need my whole clan which currently is 6 characters. At any price, it's cost prohibitive for me to move them. Or not worth it anyway.

Edit: Apparently transfers in GW2 will be free, but with a (short) time limit. That's becoming the standard, not WoW's $25.

Edited by DarthTHC

$ 0 - It's far too easy to just make a new character on a new server......and there is nothing unique enough that you need to take it from one server to another.....

Just roll another and shut up already.....

Given we have more servers then WoW with less then 1/3rd of population i would suggest that if/when the time comes to merge/transfer the first should be free

After that a modest fee should be charged to open the door for future moves

$0 for a transfer off of a dead server. I doubt I'd ever want to transfer off of a healthy server but if I did I don't think it's unreasonable to have to pay a small fee. Edited by Aiysis

And if in 2 months that new server is dead due to free transfers, new MMOs, and people just getting bored?

I'm transfering to Freedon Nadd, that server will only die when the game is dead. It is by far the most populated EU server so I say it's pretty safe.

Edited by oldshatterhand

$0 for a transfer off of a dead server. I doubt I'd ever want to transfer off of a healthy server but if I did I don't think it's unreasonable to have to pay a small fee.

Define healthy please. Is Fatman healthy, or overweight? From what I hear, 2 hour que times to log in to the game at some times? They should be included in any free transfers....

I love where I am at. However, if too many idiots transfer, reroll on the server, I may have to change my mind.

0, nada, nothing, zilch.

Until they fix the population issues I'm not paying anything (not that I think a subscription based game should have extra fees in any way shape or form to begin with), sadly post like this one and others asking for payed character transfers is what makes companies think it's fair game in the first place.

Don't see them getting away with it in this case though as to many would have to transfer due to the server situation at the moment.

Zero.

My wife and I each have a number of alts that we have been using to develope crafting skills. We are at the point where we have a number of skill levels at 400 and will likely, with one or two exceptions for skillis that hold no interest, be 400 in everything in about a month. The cost of transfering four of five characters per account for two accounts would be just to much at any fee level.

We are on a medium server. I was interested in seeing what play is like on a heavy server and so rolled a character on Harbinger. What a difference. The game play is so much better when you can find groups and actually see a number of people running around on different planets. It also has an economy. On our regular server, we can almost never find anything on the GTN when we look. Making a sale is an event for rejoicing. On Harbinger, my level 21 already has over 400K credits without trying hard. On our regular server, even though we are actively playing, we are always credit poor and still have not been able to buy the level 40 speeder skill on our mains. We could redo everything on the heavy server, but that would mean abandoning all of the time and effort we put in on multiple characters and that is not in the cards. My wife really likes her main and would never give her up.

I do not think that server transfers is the answer. It would probably lead to many medium servers becoming completely dead as some people leave. it would not take many on a low pop server. Those that stay behind will be stranded in a ghost town. That is already happening on some light servers as a result of rerolls. Probably the best way to go would be server mergers. That way two medium or two or three light servers could become one healthy one. Of course mergers would cause a lot of problems with duplicate character names. It may also be seen as an admission that the game is not doing well. So the ball is in BWs court. It is clear that they have to do something.

Edited by asbalana

My buddy knows this guy, who talked to this girl, who's dad has a cousin, that emailed a lady, who has been talking to some dude on the forums, who is telling her that server xfers are going to be 15$. Not sure how solid that info is.

If Bioware says F U to the players by charging for transfers at this point, then I'll say F U back and cancel.

At some future date, assuming they have given players free transfers or mergers to deal with population and balance issues and have implemented things like cross server LFG, I'd be willing to pay some small amount to move characters and legacy from one server to another (I'm an altoholic, so no f'cking way will I ever pay $25 PER CHAR).

One-time free for all chars, with no option to transfer to already full servers.. then there would have to be a fee or we'll end up like in Rift where people move around like crack bunnys. Edited by Lundli