Lockouts on Ops.

I have been saying this since launch, TOR is using an archaic system that shouldn't be used anymore. Would love to be able to help out guild members in guilds not divisible by 8, or just people that can't make every time. PLEASE DEVS, WE WANT THIS!!!

They did recently change the lock out on HM FPs, so maybe there is a chance the same will happen with OPs.

Yeah but like we're saying, they don't have to keep giving us loot, just lock us out of loot once a week but not out of ever doing the instances more than once. It isn't that hard to just have a flag in place if you're locked to even just roll on loot.

Yeah but like we're saying, they don't have to keep giving us loot, just lock us out of loot once a week but not out of ever doing the instances more than once. It isn't that hard to just have a flag in place if you're locked to even just roll on loot.

Because that won't ever result in people abusing the system like wow's raid finder would it?

I mean nobody would ever think to make an alt run with 8 alts and run them through normally.

And then nobody would ever think to run 7 alts and one main through and give the one main all the loot.

And then run that main and 6 alts through with another main and give that main all the loot.

And nobody would ever think to repeat this process until all mains get their full campaign set in one week.

Right?

Right?

Because that won't ever result in people abusing the system like wow's raid finder would it?

I mean nobody would ever think to make an alt run with 8 alts and run them through normally.

And then nobody would ever think to run 7 alts and one main through and give the one main all the loot.

And then run that main and 6 alts through with another main and give that main all the loot.

And nobody would ever think to repeat this process until all mains get their full campaign set in one week.

Right?

Right?

Are you stupid? Look the system of locking out of loot only and not whole instance has been a staple in many new games. Not all loot would be for that person that is the only not locked out, and if people want to waste that much time on one character each just for one or two pieces they're crazy and good for them, so what? Seriously, we just want to be able to help out the low geared members and be able to run more than one freaking EC when we don't have enough for 16 and have more than 8 that's geared enough. WHY WOULD YOU BE AGAINST LETTING PEOPLE HELP FOR NO REWARD!?!?!? This is my biggest pet peeve in the game and the HUGE thing that's driving our guild apart! PLEASE DEVS CHANGE THIS AROUND!

Are you stupid? Look the system of locking out of loot only and not whole instance has been a staple in many new games. Not all loot would be for that person that is the only not locked out, and if people want to waste that much time on one character each just for one or two pieces they're crazy and good for them, so what? Seriously, we just want to be able to help out the low geared members and be able to run more than one freaking EC when we don't have enough for 16 and have more than 8 that's geared enough. WHY WOULD YOU BE AGAINST LETTING PEOPLE HELP FOR NO REWARD!?!?!? This is my biggest pet peeve in the game and the HUGE thing that's driving our guild apart! PLEASE DEVS CHANGE THIS AROUND!

Because campaign gear has no class restrictions.

So yes, all loot that drops can be used by that one person.

ALL the loot.

Next?

Story mode - fine do it, but do not allow it for hard mode. Ever.

Wow only has this available in the raid finder where you pug everything. Not in normal or hard mode raids.

And that's the ONLY game to do anything of the like (that I am aware of at least, and I have played a ton of MMO's).

Edited by Iandayen

Because campaign gear has no class restrictions.

So yes, all loot that drops can be used by that one person.

ALL the loot.

Next?

Story mode - fine do it, but do not allow it for hard mode. Ever.

Wow only has this available in the raid finder where you pug everything. Not in normal or hard mode raids.

And that's the ONLY game to do anything of the like (that I am aware of at least, and I have played a ton of MMO's).

Nope, DCUO does it, Lotro does it, champions does it. I'm sure there's more others have told me about. And if that's the case for EC hardmode, who freaking cares if people want to spend that much time and effort to cheat a system that needs to be in place to help out casual guilds(which is the bulk of your market bioware!) then let them, who cares!?

Every single game you listed has also failed in the MMO industry and almost all of them (maybe all of them by now) are now free to play for a reason.

And they all have this feature in common.

Smart business move there.

Lets copy features from other games that have failed to the point they are free to play!

Edited by Iandayen

Every single game you listed has also failed in the MMO industry and almost all of them (maybe all of them by now) are now free to play for a reason.

And they all have this feature in common.

Everquest 2, Everquest 1. And all are still running? Free 2 play doesn't mean they fail, and at this point are better games than this one cause of this very reason!

Everquest 2, Everquest 1. And all are still running? Free 2 play doesn't mean they fail, and at this point are better games than this one cause of this very reason!

Everquest 1 and 2 never used this feature.

Everquest 1 has been around since March of 1999 - 13 years - and it JUST went to free to play. it took 13 years to get to the point where they weren't making enough money from subscriptions that they had to go to the free to play format. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that would be called a huge success.

EQ2 is free to play after being out since November 2004 8 years of success.

Everquest 1 and 2 never used this feature.

Everquest 1 has been around since March of 1999 - 13 years - and it JUST went to free to play. it took 13 years to get to the point where they weren't making enough money from subscriptions that they had to go to the free to play format. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that would be called a huge success.

EQ2 is free to play after being out since November 2004 8 years of success.

yes they both did, stop being an elitist and check your facts

i think this is a bad idea. don't change lockout's

the only way it would work is by making all OP loot BOP , because what's to stop OP member's from sharing BOE loot with the members who have loot lock-out? hell you could just take 1 new member everytime and just share BOE loot? ppl would just farm all day for boe loot

i think this is a bad idea. don't change lockout's

the only way it would work is by making all OP loot BOP , because what's to stop OP member's from sharing BOE loot with the members who have loot lock-out? hell you could just take 1 new member everytime and just share BOE loot? ppl would just farm all day for boe loot

The only BoE loot is a few random mods and crafting gear, and if it takes making all BOP then do it, we'd seriously like to not keep leaving people out of raids cause we can't get enough to do them cause our guild isn't freaking divisible by 8, and don't say just alt, cause people with lives do not have time to alt as well, some of us have time to raid a few extra times for other members but not enough time to alt...

I'm pointing out obvious flaws in your proposal which are game breaking.

And instead of trying to fix those flaws you are just saying - so what? do it anyways.

Not how things are done, not how things will ever be done in any game anywhere.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Static groups?

Hard Core?

We have a 16 man raid and an 8 man raid.

We have more than twice that many people in the guild - we rotate through people every week. We may have a steady core, but we do have a different raid makeup week to week.

And as far as hard core goes? We raid 2 nights a week. 4 hours a night.

Pretty sure that's not hard core.

Wrong, now **** and go away. Free 2 play does mean Free 2 Fail. It means the game wasn't decent enough to convince people to pay for it. So they made it free because the only way they can make money is a micro story.

None of those games will EVER be on ToR's level, except for EQ2 but thats a different story altogether. That's like the Godfather.

Why is every single suggestion game breaking?? I really don't understand it how the hell is taking away lockouts bad at all? If someone wants to literally make 8 alts and work for that gear let them. It's not like this is PVP all you have to lose is bragging rights and big *********** deal boo hoo he got his campaign gear before me. You people complain that this game doesn't change but every time people try and throw out a suggestion you all go "NO BECAUSE OTHER MMOS DON'T DO IT WHY SHOULD THIS ONE?!". How do you know how this would work if it was never implemented? This could be a great way to help under geared guild mates on low pop servers get gear just like everyone wants. Did you ever think of the fact that they could legacy lock you out from getting gear? Please lets not turn these forums into a bigger troll breeding ground than they already are. Think before you freak out and start fighting with each other its a game. :csw_trooper:

Why is every single suggestion game breaking?? I really don't understand it how the hell is taking away lockouts bad at all? If someone wants to literally make 8 alts and work for that gear let them. It's not like this is PVP all you have to lose is bragging rights and big *********** deal boo hoo he got his campaign gear before me. You people complain that this game doesn't change but every time people try and throw out a suggestion you all go "NO BECAUSE OTHER MMOS DON'T DO IT WHY SHOULD THIS ONE?!". How do you know how this would work if it was never implemented? This could be a great way to help under geared guild mates on low pop servers get gear just like everyone wants. Did you ever think of the fact that they could legacy lock you out from getting gear? Please lets not turn these forums into a bigger troll breeding ground than they already are. Think before you freak out and start fighting with each other its a game. :csw_trooper:

Prob is other mmos do do it, these people just don't think that they're any good. Well they're wrong and not changing this is driving away more people than they think. Like I said this is something that would help out the more casual guilds so much, it's not game breaking at all, it's not like we're asking for free loot, we just want to be able to run an instance more than once a week to help the others that get left out before they quit cause the keep getting left out cause the raid system is fail and doesn't accommodate for the low pops, or even high pops but people who don't want to run with pugs.

Edited by DragoVaughn

The only BoE loot is a few random mods and crafting gear, and if it takes making all BOP then do it, we'd seriously like to not keep leaving people out of raids cause we can't get enough to do them cause our guild isn't freaking divisible by 8, and don't say just alt, cause people with lives do not have time to alt as well, some of us have time to raid a few extra times for other members but not enough time to alt...

look mate i can tell you that this will not happen in the near future, i would love to run ops all the time aswell don't get me wrong, i'm still after a rakata chest piece, but why should they change the game for your useless guild? in my guild 300 member's and if we cant get a whole team we get ppl out of our guild, it's that simple. this is not even 1% game breaking. the only thing that worries me is if we could do these op's as we like the content would get boring really quick.

so it's lose subs to A: casual gamers who are not smart enough to get randoms to fill in the op group spaces or

B: ppl getting bored with content because they can do them as they please.

i think B is more likely to happen, and how long will it last b4 there would be a QQ thread saying " make ops always drop loot for us why do it when we get no reward and have to pay for repairs QQ". The vicious QQ cycle will start all over again.

Any chance they can be changed so you're just locked out from loot rolls but not locked out from entering?

This is a fantastic suggestion!!!!

I would support this change 100%! Loot once per week, run it as often as you like though.