PvP heroes - Stop blaming your team.

Trexmix

But ultimately my biggest problem is with Bioware for FORCING me to play with random selected players in my team, and not bringing 8man queues already. Then i would have the choice of making a full 8 man group for WZ, and be 100% my fault if i chose not to.

QFMFT. PvP warzones are clearly not feature complete. This is the source of 95% of the rage here. With 8 man queues and ELO ratings so the warzone scheduling can be more balanced for PUGs there will be far less to complain about.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP nubs - stop QQing to the PvP hero for calling you out for being bad at PvP.

The dude posting in yellow pretty much pointed out some of the most common idiotic things these butthurt players will do. If you have skill at PvP, you won't get yelled at, saving your delicate sensibilities from harsh truths. It's pretty much that simple.

If you in fact need someone to hold your hand and politely instruct you during the match, tough. If you're level 50 and still haven't discovered some basic fundamentals, you're bad, and need to go to your class forum to l2p. Not respond to a thread like this, because you're mad someone pointed out your gross inadequacies.

De-stealthing is off GCD, you don't have to wait for anything. Not my fault you are to slow to pull it off.

No, it's not. All actions are suspended when you mindtrap for 1.5sec, including destealth. I mindtrap and then i spam my destealth key, but it takes a second. Stop lying.

Post a video, lets see you mindtrap and start capping a node at the same time. I'll wait.

Another poster:

Sleep Dart has a 10 second duration in PvP while Mind Maze has an 8 second duration. I have both a Shadow and an Operative. I can successfully cap a turret in Alderaan using Sleep Dart, while I cannot using Mind Maze.

It's because for some goofy reason you have to wait for the global cooldown from the mez to expire before you can manually unstealth to cap the node. That gives you (10-1.5) 8.5 seconds of cap time with Sleep Dart but only (8-1.5) 6.5 seconds of cap time with Mind Maze. Sleep Dart gives you just barely enough time to make the cap, Mind Maze does not.

Edited by Ahhmyface

My pvp group gets called "Bad" constantly.

15 years of playing games on the internet has taught me that people just like to complain.

I usually play with the chat window closed because of this.

I have thus far used my mountain of mvp votes, medals, and multi day win streaks to wipe away my tears.

After you kill the same guy for the 5-6th time in the same match thats usually when they start calling you bad, or their team bad. "you're not good, you just got lucky 10 times in a row. fotw baddie!"

No, it's not. All actions are suspended when you mindtrap for 1.5sec, including destealth. I mindtrap and then i spam my destealth key, but it takes a second. Stop lying.

Post a video, lets see you mindtrap and start capping a node at the same time. I'll wait.

Another poster:

Quote: Originally Posted by Neamhan

Sleep Dart has a 10 second duration in PvP while Mind Maze has an 8 second duration. I have both a Shadow and an Operative. I can successfully cap a turret in Alderaan using Sleep Dart, while I cannot using Mind Maze.

It's because for some goofy reason you have to wait for the global cooldown from the mez to expire before you can manually unstealth to cap the node. That gives you (10-1.5) 8.5 seconds of cap time with Sleep Dart but only (8-1.5) 6.5 seconds of cap time with Mind Maze. Sleep Dart gives you just barely enough time to make the cap, Mind Maze does not.

Sleep dart and mind trap both have 8 second duration. The reason it is easier to cc->cap with sleep dart is because it has a travel time, while mind trap doesn't and you don't need "lightning" fast reaction time from your part to pull it off.

Why do i bother to keep correcting posters who have absolutely no clue about game mechanics and can't even count. If they don't get it they don't get it. You are like the guy(in a recent thread) who used a stopwatch to time his character being chain stunned and came up with 20 seconds

Edited by Dmasterr

Frankly, if someone is spending his time typing rants instead of going after objectives and demoralizing his team...

They are bad.

Good pvp players do not have the time to do that, they are too busy stopping ball carriers,

guarding doors, killing healers, carrying the ball, getting into the ideal position for a pass killing the enemy team, planting/disarming bombs......clicking switches ... you know stuff like that.

I have been in plenty of battlegrounds where some loser goes off on everyone where we win overwhelmingly after they bail. Also when loudmouths who have more time to type than fight the opposing team do stay, they tend to have the worst performance, damage healing kills etc.

Edited by Bazookabill

If you do something stupid, i am going to call you out on it. I won't yell at you for being under-geared, everyone has to start somewhere. There was a point when i was a fresh 50 too.

What i will yell at you for is:

1. Chasing random players that are purposely leading you away from objectives.

2. Fighting out in the open

3. Not fighting on nodes

I don't care if we lose the game, as it's not for one of the aforementioned reasons. I only get irritated when someone does something stupid which costs us the game.

Example: Civil War. I am guarding the eastern node and watching the battle for mid. Our team is slowly but surely being dragged away from the center. /ops please don't get too far from the node!

3 secs later...an enemy stealther gets around them and..."The enemy has captured a gun turret!"

/facepalm

Good pvp players do not have the time to do that, they are too busy stopping ball carriers,

guarding doors, killing healers, carrying the ball, getting into the ideal position for a pass killing the enemy team, planting/disarming bombs......clicking switches ... you know stuff like that.

Wrong. A good player will provide info to the rest of his team when he is guarding in an objective-based WZ:

1. Civil War

2. Novare Coast

3. Voidstar but to a lesser degree

I will always pop my map on/off when defending and I keep an eye on certain players health when they are solo guarding a node.

I'm sure this has been said, but you won't get criticism if you roll up in the warzone in PvP gear, recruit gear only costs money there is no reason not to have it.

When you come into the warzone in 40 blues and greens, with 12k-13k life, you are single handedly losing the warzone for your team, especially now. Not only does the player deserve a ban for Trolling the other 7 players, the last thing they should do is try to defend their actions. You have no business being in a warzone with that type of gear at 50.

I see someone with 10-11k in my 50 warzone, I just roll my eyes and post in OPS: Thanks for buying recruit gear, noobie. I did this and once he replied (haha yeah I'm a n00b, sucks to be you). Then he proceeded to do all of 55k damage in the warzone and had more deaths then kills.

I am a fresh 50 marauder, and walked into my first (level 50) warzone this week with 980 expertise and 13500 hps.

Thats the full extent of trash talking I'll almost ever do though. I don't care if we lose, I just want to know we lost because skill was an issue, not utter stupidity/afkers

Edited by islander

Wrong. A good player will provide info to the rest of his team when he is guarding in an objective-based WZ:

1. Civil War

2. Novare Coast

I will always pop my map on/off when defending and I keep an eye on certain players health when they are solo guarding a node.

I call objectives as well...

I have 10 macros pre-typed out and assigned to macro keys for that purpose sent in an instant..

I do not however waste time typing to berate anybody..

I call objectives as well...

I have 10 macros pre-typed out and assigned to macro keys for that purpose sent in an instant..

I do not however waste time typing to berate anybody..

Macros violate the ToS. Guess we found another speedhacker maybe?:-P

Macros violate the ToS. Guess we found another speedhacker maybe?:-P

Somebody needs to :

1: learn what macros are and what they do.

2: read the ToS.

I don't use them in swtor because i see no benefit in them. I did use them heavily in WoW tho.

Edited by Dmasterr

The huge problem is that these people don't want to learn. They would rather focus on there damage and play in there little world than learn to play strategically. Take Hutt ball for instance how many people don't key bind the ball and just run around killing people? They just stand there healing or dpsing if they get the ball till there focused down or they panic and throw to the other team.

If you have marked targets and people don't focus down them and you loose its frustrating. But there reason this is being allowed is because unlike in previous games this kind of behavior is encouraged which is just sad. Point we hero's are making is that we don't want to carry your sorry butt. We take the time to learn our jobs. How to use there abilities and when and how to win the objectives of a game. What did you do?

The point I'm making is that if you don't want to learn a game and you want to be carried. People are gonna be mad at you and *****. If you don't like it go play a faceroll spoonfead pvp mmo.

Edited by Akyrashadowen

you only get me like that when you get people who dont even take orders people shout for help or report 5 imps incoming left help and no one turns up or even tries to help instead they try to get mid or right and fail and in that time lost one they had

1. Civil War

2. Novare Coast

This is so true. They also spew out whatever data they can while waiting for force field to drop after a death respawn.

This is so true. They also spew out whatever data they can while waiting for force field to drop after a death respawn.
wrong, they will spew out whatever data they can while preventing the capper from capping by attacking the capper with anything they can and not worrying about actually killing anyone in an obvious 2 on 1 fight. you are going to die anyway may as well get the info out as soon as possible and not AFTER you die leaving a node completely defenseless.

wrong, they will spew out whatever data they can while preventing the capper from capping by attacking the capper with anything they can and not worrying about actually killing anyone in an obvious 2 on 1 fight. you are going to die anyway may as well get the info out as soon as possible and not AFTER you die leaving a node completely defenseless.

To be fair they should of already called incomming before the enemy arrived. I know I do so I can now focus on fighting. Talking while i'm fighting is counter productive and if they didn't react to the incomming call then they're screwed anyway.

Then sometimes while dead you notice say the other side/node/bunker getting attacked and make sure to mention it.

Raging very rarely does anything. What it does do is add you to /ignore, which hurts the team worse then anything. If the team is screwing up, let them know in a way that is helpful.

I've seen ragers yell at people doing what they're supposed to also though. I played a Civil War match where we had only 1 turret. The game had just started and 2 people were gaurding it. It was continuously being attacked and those 2 were the only ones keeping it from getting capped while the rest of the team was trying to take another. The rager, without actually seeing what was going on there, told them to abandon the turret. When they didn't, he asked which one was more retarted. After being told that it was continuously being attacked, he shut up. He also tried to tell everyone at the start to stick to one group and don't gaurd anything. Not the way to win on that WZ. We ended up losing because our whole team just kept attacking the middle turret most of the game. By the time they moved to a side turret, it was too late.

I later got stuck with him in a huttball match and it was the same thing. He yelled at someone for not passing the ball, yet the person had no one to pass to and was stunned as well. When the carrier explained what was going on, half our team had said they added him to ignore after his first rage at the team. We ended up winning that match if I remember right.

If you're going to rage at your team, don't expect anything to come of it. As I said, most will put you on ignore right away.

old post, but had to respond.

if im guaranteed to lose, for whatever reason, whether its because my teammates are undergeared, or just plain bad... raging gains me the only thing i can from the match.

the match is a loss, its been a monumental waste of time. at least if i go ahead and vent and rage at the oxygen thieves who were the cause of the loss, ill feel a little better.

i won't feel as good as if we'd won, but my frustration at their inability to do their jobs will be at least slightly lessened. ill be damned if ill let these bad players steal EVERY little bit of enjoyment from me.

and besides, who knows, maybe they'll get irritated enough to just stop pvp'ing and cease to pollute the already shallow pvp pool. or even better, they'll take the time to visit the forums and talk to decent players to improve their game.

sadly, most of em don't do that, but at the very least i got something for the time they wasted with their ineptitude, in that my frustration was vented on them a bit.

I don't remember reading or seeing in TV any heroes who leave(or go sit in a corner cursing) their companions to die horribly, because they are weak or not skilled enough.

Let's face it. You're not heroes. You're as bad as 'bads' you leave behind, but keep yapping how awesome are you if it makes you feel any better :D

yes, because hollywood is known for being full of tactical and strategic geniuses.

sorry, but there are times where you need to sacrifice the pawn in order to check the king.

lets face it, survival of the fittest is at work here. when the rewards are dependent on his ability, and he displays none, he deserves to be left behind.

i may not be a pro player, but im not a special olympics player... and i will leave behind the special olympic people in search of a team that is operating on the same level as i am.

i don't owe it to anyone to teach them or encourage them. the only thing i owe them is to give them the same effort they give me. you get what you pay for... if they don't do their jobs, i feel no obligation to give them any sort of advice or encouragement in return.

It's funny really, because IMO there's always a way to win. It's called playing smarter not playing harder. Let me give an example. Alderaan Civil War the plan was to focus on west and mid. After minutes of mid not being taken I went east and notice they only have one defender so I assume two. (ALWAYS assume there's at least one stealther defending also. I make a call for the other 2 stealthers to stealth over to east and we jack em fast and cap before the other team can send any defenders to stop the cap. I was called a bad player and to forget east.

That was an example of playing harder not smarter. They would prefer to fight hard for middle instead of jacking the one or 2 defenders at another turret.

We've all seen similar situations where things would go better if people think a little or even follow the plan proposed at the start of the match. They believe they know better yet don't propose a plan at the start or attempt to lead/rally the troops towards victory. The worst are those who bail at the first hint of difficulty in a match. Although sometimes I am glad because quite often the new people who join help in turning the loss into a win.

I agree with this. Sometimes the problem with these " heroes," is that they aren't great at playing in groups. They expect everyone to adjust to their tactics but never communicate what those are. They also don't give enough credit to the enemy. They just assume that you lose because you are bad, and if you were good, you would win. Well, sometimes the enemy is just as smart, plus they also have a better mix of classes and gear.

Things that make groups work better in PVE apply to the PVP zones--you don't want too much or too little healing and tanking, you want to coordinate attacks and CC based on the abilities of those in the group, and you want a leader to communicate a basic plan of attack, with the ability to adjust on the fly through communication should something unexpected happen. If you ever PVE pug, you know it's likely to be a bit of a chaotic mess, and the same is true for PVP. Sometimes good enough players can adjust to each other, but some classes and players compliment each other better. I hope they bring in the ranked warzones sooner--it will weed out a lot of these "heroes".

I stop blaming you when you l2p...

When i see 6 ppl ("you") vs 4 enemies and you all die killing nothing or 1 at most, its afk /leave wz time.

or when i solo guard left door in voidstar vs (usualy 2-3 ppl) and they cap right with 7 defenders vs 5-6 attackers......

or when i guard 1 turret (cc play )or wait to ninja vs 3 and u you lose all other fronts while having numeric advantage...

or when enemy has 3(+) healers and i have marked them all, yet everyone is attacking a different target, not focusing fire anyone...

in hutball when u randomly fill attacker resolve bar with incapacitates (aoe ones are the best making entire teams immune to kb, pulls,cc) or are spread out on the map not doing anything objective related...

when you break a cc->cap combo because u like to mash buttons...

or when... well u get the idea, if you can not win a fight (or at least survive so that they don't cap) where u have the advantage its time for you to l2p.

this x1000

PvP nubs - stop QQing to the PvP hero for calling you out for being bad at PvP.

The dude posting in yellow pretty much pointed out some of the most common idiotic things these butthurt players will do. If you have skill at PvP, you won't get yelled at, saving your delicate sensibilities from harsh truths. It's pretty much that simple.

If you in fact need someone to hold your hand and politely instruct you during the match, tough. If you're level 50 and still haven't discovered some basic fundamentals, you're bad, and need to go to your class forum to l2p. Not respond to a thread like this, because you're mad someone pointed out your gross inadequacies.

Fact, Being better than someone else at a videogame does not make you special in any way, or give you some divine right to treat other people like crap.

At the end of the day you're just some socially inept nerd that spends too much time playing video games and insulting others. I imagine most of the "bad" players you like to abuse in-game probably have real lives, and talk to girls. No wonder you resent them so much.