Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Im tired of Marauders and Sith warriors

Auxxi

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah my sniper 'tanks' often. LOL dude, really.

I bet you loved staying on that bridge with 2 sorcs all free casting on 1 lonely mara and killing him before he could get to you. Cry me a river, it's melee time to shine this patch.

The worst part about marauders and really any warrior is how they try to kill you and do damage and all that. Kind of rude honestly. We just wanted to complete our warzone objectives but they couldn't wait their turn. Meanies.

I bet you loved staying on that bridge with 2 sorcs all free casting on 1 lonely mara and killing him before he could get to you. Cry me a river, it's melee time to shine this patch.

Oh yeah? Tell that to Ops/Scoundrels.

Or to PT/vanguards who got a GCD on Rail Shot (which is very manageable, but still happened). Or ask PTs about Advanced Prototype the 'melee' tree for Powertechs.

Don't act like your class didn't get buffed to OP status. It will be adjusted, and you'll be crying. Until then, I'll gladly continue to kite you baddies and avoid the good players in warzones.

Sad thing is that Op make-up is going to be flooded with Warriors, making the game fairly bland in terms of class variety. This is what many of us are annoyed with. Call it a QQ if you like, I really don't care lol.

P.S. did you really think that two sorcs and a Sniper targeting one Marauder shouldn't kill him immediately? Dummy.

Edited by Poe_
Added info

So tell me good Sir how to fight team with lets say 4 warriors, 2 shadow tanks and 2 healers, cos most of team looks like this now.

You kill them the same way you kill any other combination. As a team.

If i get focused by 1 war/assasi i will alive for lets say 10-15 sec, if i get focused by 2 or more im insta dead.

If you get focused by two or more people and you are not gaurded by a tank, or being healed, you should die. The problem here is your team. Perhaps you should remind them how important it is for them to keep you alive during these times.

warrior will just vanish or put one of those amazing "god mode def cd" and chase me, in few sec he get his charge and u are dead dear sir,

Perhaps you should spend more time fighting, and less time running, if you want to kill them.

i get so much damage, my cc is on 1 min cd and last 4 sec, what hyou can do? nothing, thats why u can spot in WZ spamm of warr/assasin rerollers

Sentinels/Marauders have no CC. You are being beaten by skill it seems.

Oh yeah? Tell that to Ops/Scoundrels.

Or to PT/vanguards who got a GCD on Rail Shot (which is very manageable, but still happened). Or ask PTs about Advanced Prototype the 'melee' tree for Powertechs.

Don't act like your class didn't get buffed to OP status. It will be adjusted, and you'll be crying. Until then, I'll gladly continue to kite you baddies and avoid the good players in warzones.

Sad thing is that Op make-up is going to be flooded with Warriors, making the game fairly bland in terms of class variety. This is what many of us are annoyed with. Call it a QQ if you like, I really don't care lol.

P.S. did you really think that two sorcs and a Sniper targeting one Marauder shouldn't kill him immediately? Dummy.

I don't care about Mara nerfs, I play my sin more anyway. I was just pointing out casters had it too easy pre 1.2.

All I saw in WZs before was sorcs spamming FL/knockbacks and healers just standing there and not even trying to fake cast because they could outheal my dmg even if they got interrupted.

Maras will get nerfed just like every other class that was considered OP but that won't stop people from qqing on forums. I bet next patch you will be crying again.

im commando medic and in most of games, the 2-3 marauders jumps on me, stun me and IK me - there is nothing to do against it...as i told, they are 80 % of warzones now

for example, medic was nerfed, hes not able to heal nonstop now - few seconds of full heal and you are out of ammo. and your big long casted heal is making heal like their instant dmg ability

and with more and more expertise are things going more unbalanced - because expertise is for dps classes and heal is scaling very bad

You Sir make me despair.

YOU are a healing class, it is the melee DPS job is to lock you down and kill you. The 1.2 changes to healing were justified because no single class should be able to heal through 3 + players hitting on them (which was the norm pre 1.2) as long as your healing you will pull aggro BECAUSE you are the backbone of your team in a wz.

Get used to being targeted or get better team mates who know how to peel. IMO healers had it too easy prior to 1.2 and now that they are no longer unkillable they come onto these forums and complain.

GG

Now a day SWTOR is imposible to play, im so *********** tired to be killed by a sent/mara on god mode whit 5% hp....and PvE? well after u lvl 2 50's i prefer a day on work than rise another all the way...and do again and again and again same things....w8ing for THE SECRET WORLD. then bye.

I feel this game like a counter strike...where u stay there on lobby w8ting, then pew pew...and lobby again..open PVP on this game is lie...u can but dosent hapend..

Well if you can't beat them join them. I would rather play my Sorcerer but in pvp I can't anymore. With the small pvp base we have everyone knows your name and as soon as they see it your dead in about .5 seconds. There are No fun to play with next to zero survivability. I went to my warrior and i can survive forever.

It's not that they're too hard to fight against, or that they're overused a lot; it's just people don't know how to fight them. Either that or they just get ganked by a group of them.

How often do you PVP, and what sort of proficiency do you have in your classes playstyle?

agreed, and there are a lot of warriors and knights that just downright suck

Edited by super-kabob

Marauders and Sentinels aren't that great. Yes their damage is a little high and they attack really fast. But, I don't see teams of them, usually 1-2 of them, seeing alot more Gunslingers and Snipers recently.

Went up against a team of like 5 marauders in Huttball and crushed them 6/1

oh please juggernauts or only good in hutball other wise they are near wothless they dont have great damage and almost no survivability

Vengeance and Rage can do some pretty good damage

I'm set up as 17/23/1. Let's me Tank in PvE very well and "tank" in PvP. Depending on the game, I get about 45-75K protection and 80-120K damage a game. I can help keep the rest of the group alive by Guardian a Healer or maybe a DPS, use Guardian leap to give myself a small heal, enraged defense to lower the damage I take from guard, and taunt on people to keep everyone alive a little more

Welcome to PvP in an MMO.

I have yet to play any MMO where pug PvP isn't dominated by whichever class has become the FotM. Yesterday it was Sorc/Sage. Today it is Mara/Sent. It is unavoidable in every MMO I've ever played, and I've played most of them.

As much as we would like to blame BioWare, this is a player issue. Less skilled players will always re-roll to the FotM to try to be competitive. They remain less skilled, and water down the class by using the cookie-cutter FotM build they pulled off the web. This causes PvP metrics to be skewed, which leads to another balance issue and another FotM. Then the less skilled players re-roll, and it all starts again.

In the end, those who stick with their preferred class, and learn it inside out will ALWAYS have the edge over FotM.

Welcome to PvP in an MMO.

I have yet to play any MMO where pug PvP isn't dominated by whichever class has become the FotM. Yesterday it was Sorc/Sage. Today it is Mara/Sent. It is unavoidable in every MMO I've ever played, and I've played most of them.

As much as we would like to blame BioWare, this is a player issue. Less skilled players will always re-roll to the FotM to try to be competitive. They remain less skilled, and water down the class by using the cookie-cutter FotM build they pulled off the web. This causes PvP metrics to be skewed, which leads to another balance issue and another FotM. Then the less skilled players re-roll, and it all starts again.

In the end, those who stick with their preferred class, and learn it inside out will ALWAYS have the edge over FotM.

I predict the next wave of "OMG they are OP" class will be agents/smugglers

eh too late several threads on here saying the ops and scoundrels are as op as mara and sents. We should be merged again.

No I expect it to get worse as more people roll mara's and sents to be "OP" and get pwnt by them and go ***, lol.

Edited by Blloodbane

oh please juggernauts or only good in hutball other wise they are near wothless they dont have great damage and almost no survivability

That's a lie.

My jugg can own anyone 1vs1 (and sometime 2vs1) save a sniper at range who is already in cover. And that's completely tank specced and in redoubt gear. Typically, the entire enemy team has a focus me to stop the devastation I bring.

I predict the next wave of "OMG they are OP" class will be agents/smugglers

They are already OP'd. If you are getting facerolled as a DPS smuggler you suck. The damage output is insane and the survivability is actually too much considering the amount of damage I can do in such a short timeframe.

They are already OP'd. If you are getting facerolled as a DPS smuggler you suck. The damage output is insane and the survivability is actually too much considering the amount of damage I can do in such a short timeframe.

I'm sorry, that was meant to be sarcastic. As in the joke that everyone is leaving for the op class and will get owned by a certain class and thus continue the cycle off qq

I would start with getting some pvp armor.

Then, i would move into learning your class rotations and try to understand other classes.

Finishing up, i would learn that ranged has to kite melee, stun and dps, or stand there and dps if you have support.

Your main ability is Grav round which can be interrupted. Your back up abilities are chaneled as well. The Marauders abilities are instant, they have no problem closing the gap, snaring you or rooting you and their main channeled ability you can interrupt -but we can't as commandos since we do NOT have an interrupt ability- can not be interrupted post 1.2.

So to sum up: we can't kite, we can't interrupt and even if we did want to interrupt marauders there is nothing that can be interrupted-choke doesn't count since you are the target-. Marauders can always keep us in close range, can interrupt our abilities and half their abilities bypass armor entirely so our heavy armor is useless. They have their healing debuff increased post patch -if I'm not mistaken- while ours..wait..we don't have a healing debuff.

We can't stack grav rounds since that requires around 10 seconds or more of uninterrupted DPS to reach that.

You end up with a weak dps class. I honestly have no idea why ppl roll commando or merc dps when you have so much insane utility with CCs, interrupts and buffed up dps post 1.2. The glaring differences come out in full BM vs BM gear with people who know how to use their class.

Anyone who is saying commandos or mercs are fine and marauders are not OP sounds veeeeery similar to OPs saying they were not Overpowered pre-nerf and L2P. WZ numbers mean nothing for any class. It is all about CCing, interrupting, and delaying while your team acquires the objectives as well as being able to take down a player faster than anything. Those numbers are not reflected in the WZ rating but anyone who went against Mercs or Marauders can tell you right away who has more burst dps and CC as well as healing debuffs.

Good thing is Guild Wars 2 is coming up so there is your dead line for Bioware to get it together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.