Anyone else get billed after getting 30 days free?

krondin

Hello. I just dropped my subscription because according to my bank, swtor just billed me a months play time even thou i was supposed to recieve a month free. I was wondering if this was happening to alot of folks? If you are unsure check with your finacial institution and see if you were also billed for time they just told us was supposed to be free.

Hello. I just dropped my subscription because according to my bank, swtor just billed me a months play time even thou i was supposed to recieve a month free. I was wondering if this was happening to alot of folks? If you are unsure check with your finacial institution and see if you were also billed for time they just told us was supposed to be free.

Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.

I'm kinda wondering what's going on tbh cause my account was supposed to be billed on 19th. I qualified for a free month and when I logged on yesterday to see if I got billed, it said that my account will be billed on 20th (which was yesterday). Today it says that I'll be billed on 21st (aka today). Not sure if that's how the free month works.

Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.

They've repeatedly said it would be applied when your current paid time ends. Even the latest post on their Twitter says that, if you scan down it's been said over and over day after day https://twitter.com/#!/swtor

Edited by Kabaal

From what I know, if you pre-ordered, you got billed at your normal billing date THIS MONTH, because that falls before the free month is awarded. For example, my husband, who pre-ordered, already got billed. But because I didn't get the game until December 28th-ish, I won't be billed this month. My husband won't be billed NEXT MONTH, which all and all is kind of good, because our anniversary and mother's day is in the same weekend.

Edit: OMG, just looked at the calendar....they are the same flipping day.

Edited by Ashu-ri

I'm kinda wondering what's going on tbh cause my account was supposed to be billed on 19th. I qualified for a free month and when I logged on yesterday to see if I got billed, it said that my account will be billed on 20th (which was yesterday). Today it says that I'll be billed on 21st (aka today). Not sure if that's how the free month works.

This is happening to me too. I was set to pay my monthly fee via paypal last tuesday. It failed for some reason even when I have enough funds. I set up another subscription, my account went active and said I'd be charged later that day. Fast forward, I still haven't been charged and every day the billing date just gets moved one day forward for some reason, meaning I've obtained almost a week free playtime by now. I do not qualify for the 30 free days.

They've repeatedly said it would be applied when your current paid time ends. Even the latest post on their Twitter says that, if you scan down it's been said over and over day after day https://twitter.com/#!/swtor

I would say the forum post takes precedence over twitter.

We've also got another significant piece of good news: everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT - click here for a time zone converter) to have a Level 50 character or Legacy Level 6 on their account to get 30 days of game time on us. (Your 30 days of game time will be applied to your account on April 25th by 11:59pm CDT.) Players will now have multiple options, as well as more time, to try and reach these goals and play all the great new content in Game Update 1.2.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will do our best to surprise and delight our customers.

Dr Greg Zeschuk

Studio GM, BioWare Austin

No, they said that once it was applied to your account the free time would begin after your paid time expires. The free time will not be applied to any accounts until after the promotional deadline. Since that deadline has not yet passed, no one has a free month applied to their account at this point.

No, they said that once it was applied to your account the free time would begin after your paid time expires. The free time will not be applied to any accounts until after the promotional deadline. Since that deadline has not yet passed, no one has a free month applied to their account at this point.

There are 2 deadlines.

Have an active subscription and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

OR have an active subscription with a Legacy Level 6 account by April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

The reply i got from them on Twitter is that it will be applied when my current time ends tonight. I guess we'll soon see.

There are 2 deadlines.
Actually April 22 is the only deadline, and even then the time will not be applied to player accounts until April 25. You are either misunderstanding the Twitter reply or it was made in error. I'm guessing the former is the case. Edited by HeavensAgent

Actually April 22 is the only deadline, and even then the time will not be applied to player accounts until April 25. You are either misunderstanding the Twitter reply or it was made in error. I'm guessing the former is the case.

It's not the only deadline, my quote is taken directly from the main TOR site. I also didn't misunderstand the twitter reply as my question was very specific.

only if it falls AFTER APRIL 22 (though I think it could be as late as the 25th, based on when they said they would grant the TaunTauns)

Edited by Andryah

It's not the only deadline, my quote is taken directly from the main TOR site. I also didn't misunderstand the twitter reply as my question was very specific.
I know where the quote is from. April 22 is still the only technical deadline.

I do believe the Twitter reply is being misunderstood. Would you care to link to it, specifically?

My bill date was the 19th. I cancelled prior to that and removed CC info. I can still log in, sub shows as active. Unable to locate date when my sub actually does run out.

They have so many promo's going, free month, free week, free day, God knows what I fall under.

You got charged because you left it going and the 19th is a bill date.

My subscriptions is set to rebill on the 24th and this is what my email says:

You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

* 30 DAYS GAME TIME STARTS AT THE END OF YOUR CURRENT BILLING PERIOD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. VALID WHEREVER SWTOR IS SOLD. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT

Edited by Joeblows

My subscriptions is set to rebill on the 24th and this is what my email says:

You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

* 30 DAYS GAME TIME STARTS AT THE END OF YOUR CURRENT BILLING PERIOD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. VALID WHEREVER SWTOR IS SOLD. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT

It sll fluff most people know real reason for the 30 days free....maybe also they knew some people would keep the subs running and they get abit more beter stats for reports in MAY, so people got charged anyway lol.

Edited by unseenmaji

It sll fluff most people know real reason for the 30 days free....maybe also they knew some people would keep the subs running and they get abit more beter stats for reports in MAY, so people got charged anyway lol.

lol, no why, lol, don't you, lol, tell us what you really, lol, think, because I'm, lol, part of "most people", lol, but have no frackin' clue, lol, what you, lol, are insinuating, lol, when you say, lol, "most people know real reasons for the 30 days free"...lol

lol, no why, lol, don't you, lol, tell us what you really, lol, think, because I'm, lol, part of "most people", lol, but have no frackin' clue, lol, what you, lol, are insinuating, lol, when you say, lol, "most people know real reasons for the 30 days free"...lol
Gadzooks! This man is so confused by the prior statement, he has been rendered unintelligible.

I apologize in advance, Kthx, if you're not a man ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.