Marauders your days are numbered and u know it :)

tehrealdealz

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That quote is refering to dps numbers. Even with how much dmg marauders can put out my biggest complaint is all your damage mitigation cooldowns. If marauders did mid scale damage it wouldn't be so bad, but with top end damage, to have mitigation cooldowns as amazing as they have is very unbalanced. Either they need to drop the damage while the cooldown is used, or nerf the mitigation. I don't think the damage alone is all that over powered.

Meaning they found nothing wrong with marauders/sentinels and all the baddies are just QQing.

/thread.

Pretty much.

Guys, you know what the hard, direct counter to Marauders is? Any tank class in the game, especially tanks with lots of Defense, like a Juggernaut. Marauders need to land Lightsaber attacks to apply their dots, which means Defense owns them left right and center. Yeah, Defense, that one stat you kept saying was useless because Sorcs could ignore it, even though just about nobody else could.

That quote is refering to dps numbers. Even with how much dmg marauders can put out my biggest complaint is all your damage mitigation cooldowns. If marauders did mid scale damage it wouldn't be so bad, but with top end damage, to have mitigation cooldowns as amazing as they have is very unbalanced. Either they need to drop the damage while the cooldown is used, or nerf the mitigation. I don't think the damage alone is all that over powered.

Being perfectly honest, I can get behind this. The problem with Marauders has never, ever been that they do too much damage, it's that they are almost impossible to freaking kill while doing that much damage. Even Juggernauts utterly pale in comparison, despite having heavy armor, because our only CDs are Saber Ward, shared with Marauder; Endure Pain, which kills you if it wears off during the fight and makes healers think you're fine and don't need heals; and Enraged Defense, which kills our DPS while in use and barely does anything to keep us alive.

If any changes need to be made to Marauders, I think it's that Undying Rage needs to have the same penalties as Enraged Defense.

Edited by Vid-szhite

why is it 3 months ago mars/sents were gimp and sucky but now they're OP'ed and unbalanced? You take away our defenses you take away our damage. it hurts both you must remember that!

why is it 3 months ago mars/sents were gimp and sucky but now they're OP'ed and unbalanced? You take away our defenses you take away our damage. it hurts both you must remember that!

Only bads ever thought maras/sents were gimp. They've always been the "secret" in the hands of a good player. Now with all the buffs, even the bads can go on killing sprees with them. My baby marauder is already winning 2v1s easily.

Only bads ever thought maras/sents were gimp. They've always been the "secret" in the hands of a good player. Now with all the buffs, even the bads can go on killing sprees with them. My baby marauder is already winning 2v1s easily.

That was like everyone really. It was sad. 1 ability gets buffed and it's "all these buffs"? Pre 50 pvp doesn't matter nor should you be joining in on this conversation on how marauders do in pvp if you're pre 50. Sorry but get with the big boys.

That was like everyone really. It was sad. 1 ability gets buffed and it's "all these buffs"? Pre 50 pvp doesn't matter nor should you be joining in on this conversation on how marauders do in pvp if you're pre 50. Sorry but get with the big boys.

I have two 50s, thanks.

I have two 50s, thanks.

I mean when talking about playing your marauder. if you need help on how to go up against a marauder better with one or both of your other 50's, i'll help and tell you my weakness instead of letting you figure it out.

With all my bubbles up and even in stealth (lol 4-6 second stealth), you can still root us, you can still stun us, you can still knock us back... If you are trying to kill a sentinel when they pop their CD's...well thats your fault for not thinking ahead.

Seriously, our bubbles are NOWHERE near as good as force shroud.

People over estimate abilities of a class they understand nothing about. Take away our CD's and we are just trash in the mosh pit. You'd sneeze on us and we'd blow up instantly.

Maras are not OP. You see a warrior starting to ravage- knockback- you ranged QQers all have therm . If two ranged ppl cant kit a Mara then you are doing it wrong. Warzone are about team play- so play as a team.

Ppl need to L2P.

Marauders and sentinels are overpowered, stealth,shields aoe stuns burst dmg dps, dot, u name it they have it, nerf them the developers must or ill unsub.

Stealth lasts 6 seconds if specced into watchmen and we lost our 100% dmg reduction. That right there hurts.

Shields? You mean the 3 bubbles that we'd die in 2 seconds without and even with them you can still *gasp* stun/root/knockback. We don't get any immunity from them unlike force shroud from assassins AND they can hard stun you...

You mean the aoe stun that breaks on damage? I'd trade that aoe for a single hit hard stun.

dmg/dps? Uhh all 3 trees are dps, thats all we can do...Obviously we should do well at it.

Honestly you are just a bad player QQing.

One last time...

Marauder nerf is Guardian. All those outrageous DoTs mean nothing when reduced by 30% from taunting, when I can cut that damage in half by simply guarding the Marauder's target, when I can pop my defensive cooldowns if the Marauder decides to hit me instead, when I am in heavy armor and he is in medium armor and we both have to be in melee to range to hit anything.

1v1 fights between a Mara and Guard usually go 50/50, depending on cooldown availibilty. Even if I lose a fight to a marauder, he's taking so long to kill me that I've saved 3 or 4 people better than a healer ever could. To give you an idea, two marauders decided to try to take me out after the first set of doors blew in Voidstar. It took them over a minute of fighting to finally kill me, so my team could fight 7-6 at the second set of doors for that minute. And I didn't even have a WZ medpack, all i did was cycle my defensive cooldowns instead of blowing them all at once, use force push/force leap to isolate one on one, same with awe.

PVP is not about one-uping someone, it's about teamwork. It's not about winning every fight, it's about winning the warzone. If one person can tie up 2 or 3 people for a inordinate length of time, that's a win because now the rest of the team can fight 7-6 or 7-5.

Every class has a counter, in the case of marauder/sentinels, it's a juggernaut/guardian. Even a healer can survive and burn down a marauder in about 15 second in tandem with a guardian that knows how to guard, taunt, and peel. I should know, I do it all the time with my favorite pocket healer. Befriend a guardian, and watch how fast those OP'd marauders become underpowered. You don't need Bioware to nerf/fix marauders, because they already provided a nerf/fix. Until people learn that PVP is a team game, you will all underperform in PVP, because a good team will beat a good class any day of the week, and twice on sunday.

Wow, its always black and white with you people...thats right I went there...

No one is saying to take away your defensive cooldowns, they just need to be toned down. Instead of 99% dmg reduction, make it 50 or 60%. or keep the 99% dmg reduction and make dmg out put for the duration reduced 50-60%. The way it stands right now its a guaranteed I win button, but it should be a defensive cooldown.

The class is going to be nerfed hard, deal with it. I bet you were one of the people claiming Sorc is OP and making the same arguments against them that you're making now in defense of Mara, except Sorc was never this bad.

It's kind of funny to watch the same Maras that whined about Sorc turn around and swear Maras are fine but Sorc is OP.

I really doubt much sentinels/maras where complaining about sorc/sage being oped since they have always been one of the easiest classes for us to kill as soon as we l2p..

Wow, its always black and white with you people...thats right I went there...

No one is saying to take away your defensive cooldowns, they just need to be toned down. Instead of 99% dmg reduction, make it 50 or 60%. or keep the 99% dmg reduction and make dmg out put for the duration reduced 50-60%. The way it stands right now its a guaranteed I win button, but it should be a defensive cooldown.

No it's not. you know how many times i've been stunned at around 30% hp and killed before then, or stunned once i popped it then it wore off and got crapped on right after, or just straight up died before i could pop it since it's best to use when low HP. Seriously it's best use is in 1v1 fights straight up, it's good for that clutch score in huttball or to defend a point 5 seconds longer while help arrives. Seriously at a 75 second CD i don't use it everytime it's up it's a really situational ability at best.

There is a reason there is about 5 in every wz on my server now and now tanks guard the dps maras and not the healers ie me lol :wea_02: so am back playing my original class My Mara :D

This. Maras have some of the best on demand burst, high sustained damage, best group buffs AND then there's the defensive cds.