Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

Glzmo

I don't mind if they add chat bubbles on one condition. Have a way to switch them off for the players that don't need the bubbles. Seriously, Chat Bubbles for RP, That should break peoples immersion in the game. Making everywhere look like your daily comic strip in the newspapers. Yes, I'm an RP'er Star Trek Online has been out since 2010 with a large amount of rp'ers . No chat bubbles there or even needed. Easiest way to fix the issue is just set aside an RP channel or give the players the access to make their own custom channel , Just like Guild, General, OPs , etc.

You can already create custom channels, even password protected, and you have been able to do so since launch. You can even create a whole separate "chat tab" for each channel, if you choose to.

I remain neutral on chat bubbles, as it could cause immense clutter with people hawking their wares on fleet, etc. IMO, a custom password protected channel for your current RP group is the best solution. You have the privacy you need and no one disturbs you.

You can already create custom channels, even password protected, and you have been able to do so since launch. You can even create a whole separate "chat tab" for each channel, if you choose to.

I remain neutral on chat bubbles, as it could cause immense clutter with people hawking their wares on fleet, etc. IMO, a custom password protected channel for your current RP group is the best solution. You have the privacy you need and no one disturbs you.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help all that much, as there is still a lack of spatial perception where the chat is coming from. Also, if you just want to focus on conversing with one or two persons at your table while the whole cantina full of people in your RP group is talking, you can't really do that. Chat bubbles are still the most elegant solution for that.

Also, there is a /trade channel for "hawking wares". Such activies have no business in other channels and should be sanctioned by GMs anyway. Perhaps chat bubbles would even alert them to such things more and encourage them to take action against inappropriate chat channel use more.

Edited by Stubacca

Hey everyone - I asked Lead Designer Damion Schubert if there are any new updates on this topic. We still do not have an ETA for the implementation of this feature, but we're definitely aware it's something players want. We did attempt a version of chat bubbles once, but they introduced some severe performance issues, and we'll need to address that before they can be implemented. Thanks for your patience!

We are still waiting

In my opinion chat bubbles are completely unnecessary and we don't need them. I like that the way it is and also chat bubbles would, in my opinion just make everything look silly. I would not, for example want to go to the fleet or into a warzone with everyone with their bubbles going on and off. At the very least I suggest that their be a toggle in preferences where players who want to see the chat bubble can toggle chat bubble on and those who don't like myself can just read the same message the player is typing in their chat bubble in regular chat.

In my opinion chat bubbles are completely unnecessary and we don't need them. I like that the way it is and also chat bubbles would, in my opinion just make everything look silly. I would not, for example want to go to the fleet or into a warzone with everyone with their bubbles going on and off. At the very least I suggest that their be a toggle in preferences where players who want to see the chat bubble can toggle chat bubble on and those who don't like myself can just read the same message the player is typing in their chat bubble in regular chat.

Chat bubbles were slated to be in the game, in fact they were in beta but due lag issues they were removed. In fact they were still in the game files after launch and you could modify your game files so that you could see chat bubbles but that has since been removed.

It is a bit ridiculous that this game doesn't have something as simple and universal as chat bubbles and the swtor community would like an answer as to when they are going to be put back into the game.

A Toggle on/off option is part of the feature we are requesting. With said option, there is no reason NOT to have Chat Bubbles.

Like I said earlier, we're in the age of Mars Exploration and Commercial Space travel. There is no reason Chat Bubbles and the issues they caused in TOR cannot be fixed lol.

Chat bubbles were slated to be in the game, in fact they were in beta but due lag issues they were removed. In fact they were still in the game files after launch and you could modify your game files so that you could see chat bubbles but that has since been removed.

It is a bit ridiculous that this game doesn't have something as simple and universal as chat bubbles and the swtor community would like an answer as to when they are going to be put back into the game.

Who asked for your opinion??? This is what people on this forum wants.... go back to general and release your anger there.

A Toggle on/off option is part of the feature we are requesting. With said option, there is no reason NOT to have Chat Bubbles.

Like I said earlier, we're in the age of Mars Exploration and Commercial Space travel. There is no reason Chat Bubbles and the issues they caused in TOR cannot be fixed lol.

Yes. I'm also wondering why they are so reluctant to talk about this topic. It's been one of the most requested features, yet they still can't find the decency to come to this thread and give us regular status updates. Edited by Stubacca

All I know is that without chat bubbles, it's incredibly hard to talk to other players near you and not fun at all. I can't socialize and roleplay with other players (I tried hard, but it didn't work).

I feel the same way...:(

For every player that says it should be a priority, there's at least one player (like myself) that literally couldn't care less.

Please take note that Gizmo isnt talking for the general public. You are obviously not a roleplayer or care much about socializing in a chat bubble manner. I on the other hand, as most of the posts in this thread, give a thumb up for atleast a toggle option for Chat Bubbles. ;)

BioWare!!!

Are you listening to us???

Status update perhaps???

The magic 8 ball says 'NO'

This is a topic, just like hood toggle and Twi'leks, that they ignore completely and hope it goes away. It won't. The sad thing is, they are just creating animosity by not saying anything. Even a "no, not happening anytime soon" would be better than utter silence.

The worst part is, they deign to reply with huge walls of text and explain something silly in great detail but can't be bothered to say anything regarding a topic that has been constantly discussed since BETA.

Edited by Jandi

C'mon guys....

Look at all of the new PVE, PVP, toys, etc, etc....

You mean to tell me that we can a have pocket sarlacc pit that takes up half of the screen implemented into the game.

However we can't get some chat bubbles???

Really?

BioWare!!!

Are you listening to us???

Status update perhaps???

You can address silly issues on the general forums, but you cant even say "sorry guys, can't do it."

Edited by Krull-

The magic 8 ball says 'NO'

This is a topic, just like hood toggle and Twi'leks, that they ignore completely and hope it goes away. It won't. The sad thing is, they are just creating animosity by not saying anything. Even a "no, not happening anytime soon" would be better than utter silence.

The worst part is, they deign to reply with huge walls of text and explain something silly in great detail but can't be bothered to say anything regarding a topic that has been constantly discussed since BETA.

Well said, Jandi, and to me, this is a slap in the face.

I mean, you pay for something (or at least i do) but look what u get in return.

They don't care about us. 'coz if they did, they'd respond more. They are probably sitting on their asses right now, laughing while reading topics like this while they get their money incomming. OUR money.

I wish that for once, they'd put their heart into it, respond to THEIR (paying) customers. Because if they go all silent, it's really no wonder people get upset. I mean, if it's even to hard to say at least a "no" then they are a real bad customer support. In other words: They brought their "angry" customers, upon themself. it's their own mistake.

On a side note (and some of you may know it allready but): Do you people know that EA (the company BioWare joined forces with so to speak) got voted for being the worst company... twice?

That's right. 2 times they've been voted as the worst company. So congratulations, EA.

Why is this so brazenly ignored? It's clearly something people want and it's been wanted for a long time. But the focus is just on churning out cartel garbage and not providing any actual quality of life enhancements to the game. For a company that began for roleplayers they sure are doing a superb job of ignoring them with this venture.

Why is this so brazenly ignored? It's clearly something people want and it's been wanted for a long time. But the focus is just on churning out cartel garbage and not providing any actual quality of life enhancements to the game. For a company that began for roleplayers they sure are doing a superb job of ignoring them with this venture.

First I'd like to once again to give my support on this thread. Second; why is this beeing ignored? Well.. the way I understand it is that it's goin rather well for BW on this game, and since they get their cash, then they can /Ignore Suggestion-box and fiddle with minor issues. Have u read what changes each update/patch is loaded with? Compare that with all the ideas here, big and small, and you will perhaps suspect as I do that they actually have put the Suggestion-box on /Ignore.. :(

Im kinda glad its not ingame to be honest, chat is terrible as it is alrdy with all the bs thats bin said ( newest rage hodor crap ) atleast you can turn that off.

theres enough ways to communicate with eachother, and tbh its a game not a comic book

and this game has more important issues that needs to be fixed