OMG I am going BLIND with this new look! PLEASE REVERT!

Agooz

Do not want...

The colors and such aren't too awful bad (although the contrast between alternate post backgrounds is too high)... but this is a piss-poor layout for a forum. It is horribly open-faced; there's too much padding everywhere and the structure is poorly defined, providing little sense of order. Things such as borders between posts and compact spacing are musts for a forum because most folks require such visual guidance for easy reference. The font size for posts is too large.

I always shake my head whenever a website is overhauled in such a drastic manner. What's the purpose? To keep things fresh? To one-up the competition? Why? Just because your web folks have nothing better to do than think up ways to destroy your site?

The old look of the website and forums kicked this one right in the ***... you guys used to have the grooviest game website out there. Now it sucks moose-****.

When will people learn... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Geez...

Fade to Black...

Edited by CWBuff

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some of your CSS problems:

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/themes/coruscant/css/stylesCommunity.css

1. Lack of contrast here:

#threadslist .stripeMeEven tr:hover td { background-color:#1f1b10; }

#threadslist tr td { background: none; }

#threadslist tr.alt td { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #0d0d0d; }

2. Far too much padding here.

#threadslist td, #threadslist th { padding:6px 15px 6px 0; border:none; }

It's also tough because so many different fonts, font sizes and font colors are used. Isn't it in Basic Webdesign 101 anymore to not use as much as possible but instead only as much as necessary? Fortunately, Opera allows me to use a different CSS file. Will play around with that for a while, I think.

I think the font is too "squeezed" horizontally. Also in old forum theme it was clearer to see threads. I'd agree, I can live with it but I'd very much like to be able to activate the original color scheme for forums. It was MUCH clearer.

I think the font is too "squeezed" horizontally. Also in old forum theme it was clearer to see threads. I'd agree, I can live with it but I'd very much like to be able to activate the original color scheme for forums. It was MUCH clearer.

Yeah, they should just give us the choice which scheme we want to use. It's CSS, it should be possible.

I have to say, I like the color scheme but there is something disorganized about it it is messing with my head. :p It just feels fragmented and not at all "clean".

I like the color scheme as well, but yeah, the separation between posts is kind of hard to see. I'm sure I'll get used to it though...

Its been optimized for mobile devices, everything squeezed in to fit a narrow and tall screen rather than a normal monitor's ratio.

I wonder how many of the love threads were posted from mobile devices and how many hates come from a standard monitor.

I sign this thread in the hope of a classic option or full revert. This was an unneeded and in my case unwelcome change.

Its been optimized for mobile devices, everything squeezed in to fit a narrow and tall screen rather than a normal monitor's ratio.

I wonder how many of the love threads were posted from mobile devices and how many hates come from a standard monitor.

I sign this thread in the hope of a classic option or full revert. This was an unneeded and in my case unwelcome change.

Is that the idea? :confused:

I don't mind it, but I'd like it if pieces were more "separated". The bottom of any forum page bleeds with the last post too well, and the background doesn't stretch or scale based on how big the window is.

I love the design but reading posts which have default colour that are on black backgrouds really hurts my eyes. Wish there was an option to change the colour scheme. I really dislike reading light coloured text against a black background.

I found something rather annoying. Every time I open a topic or a new page on the forums my cursor immediately goes to the Search function, which is kind of annoying because it means when I press view last post or something it doesn't go that post it goes to the top of the page. Also, it makes using the arrow keys to scroll not function until I click somewhere else with my mouse. Is this just me? (I use Firefox, so maybe browser related?)

I have to say, I like the color scheme but there is something disorganized about it it is messing with my head. :p It just feels fragmented and not at all "clean".

I agree. I think the problem is too much space between lines of text, making the page as a whole look fragmented. Also there are too many different sizes of text on the same page. It should be grouped up better.

ps. The best solution would be to allow users to change the colorscheme from their forum settings.

Personally I dont like light text on dark background. Its really hard for the eyes.

I like the new layout. It looks a lot cleaner.

I have exactly opposite opinion. It looks much more messy than before.

Edited by Karkais

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.