Welcome to the new Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ website!

CourtneyWoods

the color scheme isn't as readable.

Agreed, the new color scheme for the forums is hurting my eyes making it hard to read. Other than that, what I've seen so far is pretty nice. I'm glad we can finally mark all forums read although I overlooked it the first two times I was looking for the option.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. Clean, fresh. Very Star Warsy. Still, I'd echo some other comments about making the read/undread posts a bit more obvious, and maybe throw in some bordering somewhere. As it is, the pages and modules just blend into each other.

Something to add: the forums look like they haven't completely loaded even though they have, like there's a background image missing, and the forum table aren't completely rendered even though they are. I mean, they look nice and all, but they are just...missing something somehow.

I really like the look and feel overall, actually. It feels a little bulky to me though. It feels... Big. Like things are jumping off the page into my face. I'd like to see some things scaled down a little bit, especially under the "Community" tab. And I'd rather like to see some borders for individual posts rather than just a color change every other post. The way things are now, it kind of seems to run together. I love the new look, it just needs to be a bit more streamlined imo and not so... giant.

Great work though!

Edited by Brosephiine

I hate to say it, but I hate the new website and lay out. Is it me or does every icon seem so large it belongs on a 3 year old's flash card.

Too much space, too much scrolling, everything spread out.

...Sorry.

That is what you think oh not what other people think thank you.

That is what you think oh not what other people think thank you.

For one, he's entitled to his opinion.

And for another, I kind of agree.

I don't hate the site, but the icons are HUGE. There needs to be some clearly defined borders on posts and they need to scale some things down. These are suggestions and we're entitled to make them. Don't assume you speak for everyone.

I don't hate the site, but the icons are HUGE. There needs to be some clearly defined borders on posts and they need to scale some things down. These are suggestions and we're entitled to make them. Don't assume you speak for everyone.

But i think some people like the site as it is ok.

Is there no way to subscribe threads anymore?

Greetings Drudenfusz,

There are two ways you can subscribe to threads. The first method is the one available on the old site design -- reply to a post, and you should have the ability to subscribe beneath the "Submit Reply" button. Pick your option, submit your reply, and you should be able to subscribe.

Alternatively, you can now subscribe to a thread without replying. To do this, scroll down to the bottom of the thread you wish to subscribe to, hit the arrow icon beside the "Additional Options" text to expand your options, and hit the Subscribe to Thread button.

If you wish to manage your subscriptions, you can do so by going to the Forum Management page and select "Manage Thread Subscriptions".

Hope that helps!

I hate to say it, but I hate the new website and lay out. Is it me or does every icon seem so large it belongs on a 3 year old's flash card.

Too much space, too much scrolling, everything spread out.

...Sorry.

Same here.

All memories from the TOR forums are lost now.

Wish there was an option to change back to the old ones... so much easier to navigate.

(Do the devs love the pubs so much they put up the Republic Flag at the top!??!?! It's a disgrace to the Empire!)

But i think some people like the site as it is ok.

Which is perfectly fine, I'm not gonna try to change your opinion lol. I'm just saying, there are some of us who feel that some things aren't perfect yet and we're entitled to feel that way and express it, just as you are entitled to like it as it is.

Spot on with your first sentence and last sentence, plus the part about borders. We all have our opinions and we are all welcome to them. Plus, people have different levels of vision and who am I to even say that the way I see the site is the same as another. It's possible that people with certain color blindness are doing really well with this color scheme because they see it differently than those without color blindness, and even people with a different type of color blindness.

I'm having an awful time with the color scheme, and the no borders on every other post because those post boxes are the same color as the background for me. The 6th post down on the first page of this thread is a major eyesore with that really bright yellow, not that the CM's post is much better in context with the new scheme. I've tried taking my glasses off (because I don't have to have them to see, they just help) to see if that helps any but it doesn't.

So other than the colors and the runaway borders (if found, please return), the site isn't that bad for me.

Spot on with your first sentence and last sentence, plus the part about borders. We all have our opinions and we are all welcome to them. Plus, people have different levels of vision and who am I to even say that the way I see the site is the same as another. It's possible that people with certain color blindness are doing really well with this color scheme because they see it differently than those without color blindness, and even people with a different type of color blindness.

I'm having an awful time with the color scheme, and the no borders on every other post because those post boxes are the same color as the background for me. The 6th post down on the first page of this thread is a major eyesore with that really bright yellow, not that the CM's post is much better in context with the new scheme. I've tried taking my glasses off (because I don't have to have them to see, they just help) to see if that helps any but it doesn't.

So other than the colors and the runaway borders (if found, please return), the site isn't that bad for me.

Yeah, the alternating colors for the posts is throwing me off 'cause the lighter color is the same as the site background. I'd definitely like some clear borders. As far as I know I'm not color blind, but my major issue is the lack of borders and the size of the icons really. They're huge for me. o.o Maybe it's my resolution, but this is the only site where everything is huge.