Remove the rakghoul plague now

I really wonder how much Ferroz, Valkirus and Skolops get payed to keep this thread on the frontpage, because they are pretty much the only ones who seem to hate the event.
They don't need to get paid. The attention they get feeds them.

And yeah, I'm also culprit of giving that attention, but I want to be sure Bioware doesn't think they 5 or so whiners are the only feedback about that amazing event.

Edited by Korrigan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this new content to be quite nice, not perfectly executed but a step in the right direction. it isn't necessary to remove it straight away but I hope they take this as a learning experience and do a better job next time.

We're finally seeing some more content that can be accessed and enjoyed by more than lv.50s at endgame, and even better is that it ties into the whole fleet.

The "plague" part where people stand around is a bit odd though, not sure why they decided to reset the timers when you travel so you'd end up with people afking to get rewards (opposite of what they wanted to do in pvp).

In the future I would like them to focus less on passive rewarding, but requiring some degree of active participation for players to get rewarded. Break up the quests so you're rewarded each and every step, and when you've finished the chain you should be able to trade in for something straightaway, not the best things obviously but something. And maybe not so intrusive next time as to be forced to participate because someone ran up to you and exploded.

It's a step in the right direction in terms of content development for the life of the game, little things like this that changes the whole world over time is much appreciated in MMOs where things can grow stale really quickly.

This is what the game needs, it's a baby step right now, but it's finally going in the right direction in terms of growing as a better MMO. Change the world bit by bit, add in mini rotatable content every once in a while and you're well on your way to a more lively game where people can actually look forward to logging in to see what's happening now to the world instead of the same old dailies.

Actually I hope the next world event also has players affecting others in some fashion.

It is one of the most winning things about the event, has people talking, has people interacting, it has been a blast.

Yeah, that might just irritate me but getting exploded on in a video game...not so much.

For you and do you think everyone should reacte to things the same way you would in a game? Not everyone shares the same perceptions as another.

I really wonder how much Ferroz, Valkirus and Skolops get payed to keep this thread on the frontpage, because they are pretty much the only ones who seem to hate the event.

Well good for them because this thread is a monumental failure if its intent was to make the Rackghoul World Event a look like a failure, because the overwhelming response is that it is a whole lot of fun. Of course there is the fact that Valkirus feels he is getting MMO pie in his face.

Edited by AkulaX
missing word

Where? Because they're a minority?

Or is it because you'll stop being able to intentionally infect people who don't want to be infected?

I answered that in the next sentance in my post. Stop hacking up peoples' posts when quoting them. Do you think it benefits you?

The opt out you are refering to does cost the players something. It is not free and does not persist thru death. And it yeah..it is a game...but one which we ALL have to pay a sub price for. Therefore we do have the right to complain. And I agree..there is the option of unsubbing. I donot think any wise gaming company prefers that option tho. :cool:

Maybe I should finish up here with the typical SWG answer:

"Working as intended."

Everyone will not be happy at the same time. Ever. I do things that I enjoy. When I stop enjoying them, I don't do them anymore. If people don't like the event, they also have the option to not play for a week, or not bother with the GTN for a week or whatever. There are plenty of "opt-outs" that people wouldn't even consider as opt outs. Be creative and think outside the box. Find your own opt-outs folks!:p

For you and do you think everyone should reacte to things the same way you would in a game? Not everyone shares the same perceptions as another.
Yep, some take video games way too seriously, others don't, and therefore don't let themself get driven mad by something very trivial and easily avoidable that happened to their characters.

Don't have the numbers, but there have been several folks posting their displeasue of the event, and move along once they had their say. Green Goo and forced hurling ain't everyone's choice of the day.

Now you're reaching. :) And if you've paid the first bit of attention in these threads you will note that I am one who favours the "opt-out" option.

Comparing a RL issue with an in-game issue is silly, and I smacked you for it. Take it like a man. :)

Don't have the numbers, but there have been several folks posting their displeasue of the event, and move along once they had their say. Green Goo and forced hurling ain't everyone's choice of the day.

Ah..yeah, I forgot about you, my sincere apologies.

I doubt you know the time and resource costs for something like that,

update Itemdatabse set buycost = 0, sellcost=0, persistthroughdeath=true where itemid=X

assuming itemid is indexed, it should be done in seconds.

Comparing a RL issue with an in-game issue is silly, and I smacked you for it. Take it like a man. :)
Well, he can't take a virtual plague in a game that only marginally affects players like a man... so... :cool:

update Itemdatabse set buycost = 0, sellcost=0, persistthroughdeath=true where itemid=X

assuming itemid is indexed, it should be done in seconds.

Ah, that's all what missed in this thread - the latest reader of "SQL for dummies" giving his expert advice... ;) Edited by Korrigan

Maybe I should finish up here with the typical SWG answer:

"Working as intended."

Everyone will not be happy at the same time. Ever. I do things that I enjoy. When I stop enjoying them, I don't do them anymore. If people don't like the event, they also have the option to not play for a week, or not bother with the GTN for a week or whatever. There are plenty of "opt-outs" that people wouldn't even consider as opt outs. Be creative and think outside the box. Find your own opt-outs folks!:p

True and you cannot please everyone all the time. And if I ever cancel my sub....you will not see me back on these forums until I resub. But as long as I am a paying customer, some will have to put up with my posts. As long as I am respectful to others, BioWare is going to let me. As far as the opt out of not playing during the event...if this event had happened next month around the week of the 15th or maybe in June around the 17th...you would more than likely not see me posting about it. :cool:

Ah..yeah, I forgot about you, my sincere apologies.

No; you are correct in that I do not hate the Event. I cannot recall all who likes and dislikes it one way or another.

As for me, I hate the Griefing by other Players, and hope Bioware enforces the RoC/ ToS if captured.

Aside from you, skolops, and the two others I think there may have been about 1 or 2 other people complaining about the event. In any case, those that have posted their approval of this event far outweigh those that have stated the opposite.

I answered that in the next sentance in my post.
you said that you had already done so... maybe you should have said "I'm about to do so"

You haven't brought up a legitimate objection to adding a valid opt out mechanism to the plague. You've argued that since we're a minority that we don't matter. You've argued that it impacts your fun, which is only possible if you're someone who gets their fun out of intentionally infecting people who don't want to be infected (ie, a griefer).

You're advocating an extremely selfish position: you're happy with the event, and to hell with anyone who isn't. You're arguing against something that would have 0 effect on your fun unless your fun = griefing people by infecting people who don't want to be infected.

Aside from you, skolops, and the two others I think there may have been about 1 or 2 other people complaining about the event. In any case, those that have posted their approval of this event far outweigh those that have stated the opposite.
I can probably go dig out 20 or 30 names. Most of them just post once and move on.

Many of the people who like the event do the same (of course, quite a few of those posts are remvoed by the mods due to being infractions)

Edited by ferroz

True and you cannot please everyone all the time. And if I ever cancel my sub....you will not see me back on these forums until I resub. But as long as I am a paying customer, some will have to put up with my posts. As long as I am respectful to others, BioWare is going to let me. As far as the opt out of not playing during the event...if this event had happened next month around the week of the 15th or maybe in June around the 17th...you would more than likely not see me posting about it. :cool:

It's your right to keep posting as long as you can. Besides, you're polite, unlike some haters on these forums.

There is a valid opt-out, the vaccine, the fact that some considers it too expensive doesn't make it invalid.. inconvinient perhaps but not invalid.

Edit: and before someone points it out, yes it would have been better if it had been persistent.

Edited by Lundli

...I can probably go dig out 20 or 30 names. Most of them just post once and move on.

Many of the people who like the event do the same (of course, quite a few of those posts are remvoed by the mods due to being infractions)

If it helps, I had 22 as of 24 hours ago and I noted 2 new ones today. BUT I am not keeping track like I was, so who knows.

Still, a small percentage and whilst it does very much suck to be in the minority (especially in RL as opposed to a gaming environment) it happens. This too shall pass.

Edited by DieAlteHexe
Borked quote

Any change would set a precedent for Bioware giving in to a tiny minority of whiners on the forums, when nobody in game is complaining. That's why so many of us are against any change.

Making the vaccine permanent and lasting through death? Minor thing, sure, but it would be giving in to the 1%.

What would you guys say if some other 1% minority whines on the PvP forums and gets your class nerfed into oblivion next month? (not like that doesn't happen already...).

Same thing here. Bioware must NOT give in. It's only a 10 day event. Deal with it, you'll be back to your boring, daily keyboard mashing routine soon.

Edited by Korrigan

The number of posts most likely do; strange seeing that this is a complaint thread as opposed to the ones supporting the event. And as this is round three, and being that we are 'such a small number', that would seem to mean that it it those opposing such dissent that are keeping these threads thriving and alive.

Thank you for your support! :D

As upset as you are about this, I can imagine. Hopefully the next event will be something that you enjoy like we're enjoying this.

I hope the next event requires participation in this event.

Required? I hope an event is never required.

How is allowing someone to opt out of something ruining your personal fun?

Requiring someone to participate in an ingame event will force people to quit the game. BW has always said this is a "play your way" game. It would most certainly not be a play your way game if participation in events were required.

To wish, hope and look on with glee that someones game experience would be ruined becasue one wishes them to be forced to participate says much about the one who wishes such to occur.

Yes and I agree wit you as well. Everyone is allowed a say as long as they can be civil and follow the rules. I'm sorry that you and a few others aren't happy with the event. I'm just kinda trying to ...I don't know. Get people to think ? Take it a bit more light-heartedly? I don't know. I think there are certainly things in life that should be taken seriously, surely, but, to me, a game like this is not one of them. Anyway... I apologise if I have stuck my 2pence in where it wasn't welcome, but like you say - if I'm a good little girl then Bioware will let me. In any case, try and have a nice day ;)

Thanks for proving my point, you throw terms like selfish, griefers etc around way too freely.

You belong to a minority, a very small one considering the amount of people who have posted that they like the event and don't want it changed. Yet you want BW to include an opt out, which involves extra time and resources to make sure it works as intended etc, and also opens up for similar demands over similar issues and situations. Isn't that selfish?

And YOU are selfish to want us to be FORCED to participate. Our participation or not has nothing to do with YOUR enjoyment of the game. Pot meet kettle. :rolleyes:

Edited by Urael