Remember how people were saying/complaining how easy it was gonna be to get BM gear?

myolinyr

I came back to swtor like the day before the patch, and I spent 1k merc/wz commendations on bags (woopsies!). Day after patch immediately purchased full recruit gear, lamented my lack of wz commendations.

I already bought my first BM piece, starting from literally 0 WZ comms.

It's easy to get - just frustrating to lose while getting it.

Getting BM gear is actually easier than it was before unless you're on an almost empty server playing the outnumbered and outgeared faction.

If you can motivate yourself to play the terrible instagib unfun fest PvP turned into that is :mad:

Pre 1.2 BM MH Weapn - 3 BM Commeadations 1000 WZ 1000 Merc for 1 BM Token

That makes 12,000 WZ's Comm's if you don't get "lucky" for your MH wep.

Post 1.2 1600 WZ Comm's for MH Wep

For that's a difference of 10,400 WZ Comms

I would say it's a little easier to get gear then it used to be.

Must be fun being an imperial.

Even if you lose WZ's, you lose much more quickly (particularly at voidstar/nova - huttball can be a pain, and civil war takes the same time as pre 1.2) and can still net up to 60+ comms (prior to votes) depending on your performance/contribution. I believe I've gotten 65 comms prior to votes during a loss, but that is likely due to the fact that I had 2nd most medals, most damage, and the team that beat us had gotten an extra 4 medals for winning quickly.

I am, however, confused as to the determining factor of commendations/credits/xp/valor happens to be, since I've gotten 21 medals (was top medals, damage, top kills, top solo kills, top KB's and top objectives) and only gotten 85 base comms, when I usually get 100 base comms/more credits/valor/xp from fewer medals, and simply do top damage/kills (still tend to be top 3 in medals, however).

Lol, your joking right? My friend hit 50 the week before 1.2. He now has full BM and is valor rank 42. It is not hard to get BM.

err, what?

If he is only valor 42, he couldn't have got a single piece of BM gear before 1.2, so you're saying he has farmed the enitre BM gear since 1.2? We're talking around 9k comms? at around 30 per match average, 15 mins a game, 100 for dailies (max 5), 100 for weekly, servers down on friday... ??

Edited by ReasonsHundred

Getting BM gear is actually easier than it was before unless you're on an almost empty server playing the outnumbered and outgeared faction.

If you can motivate yourself to play the terrible instagib unfun fest PvP turned into that is :mad:

Just keep losing and only have your team defend one objective point so that everyone can maximize the medals that undergeared teams can realistically obtain enough, and you'll be able to afford BM gear soon enough. Sure, the more popular side will likely get War Hero gear quicker than your underpopulated side, but the difference between BM/WH gear isn't terribly significant (with the exception likely being the weapons).

err, what?

If he is only valor 42, he couldn't have got a single piece of BM gear before 1.2, so you're saying he has farmed the enitre BM gear since 1.2? We're talking around 9k comms? at around 30 per match average, 15 mins a game, 100 for dailies (max 5), 100 for weekly, servers down on friday... ??

well clearly he is lying. lolz.

err, what?

If he is only valor 42, he couldn't have got a single piece of BM gear before 1.2, so you're saying he has farmed the enitre BM gear since 1.2? We're talking around 9k comms? at around 30 per match average, 15 mins a game, 100 for dailies (max 5), 100 for weekly, servers down on friday... I don't believe it.

In a good premade, having one person not having BM gear will not stop you from winning your matches.

BM gear is extremely quick to get right now if you win consistently. Games don't all last 15 mins in a premade either. Huttball is often a 5 minute affair. Voidstar can be quite short too. Against a bad pug it isn't very hard to get a 3 cap in civil war either, which again ends things quickly.

Not to mention that teams end up having people drop 2 minutes in if things don't go their way early, which makes it even easier.

The average solo queue pugger may get around 30 per match average. Players in an organized premade get much more than that.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

err, what?

Although I already had my BM gear, I have gotten 2,736 RANKED warzone comms - I average 40-60 comms for a WZ loss (without votes) and 80-110 comms (for a WZ win). It's possible that his friend had mercenary comms AND 1k warzone comms stashed away, so technically he would have 2k warzone comms to spend starting day 1 of 1.2 which would let him buy 2-3 battlemaster pieces right away, no? Sorry, I didn't check BM gear prices closely, since I already had my BM gear.

err, what?

A casual PVP'er guildmate of mine has gotten 3 or 4 pieces of battlemaster gear since 1.2 (he had been pvp'ing in champion gear). And the only comms he had stored away for when 1.2 hit were 600 Mercenary comms + <100 warzone. He did not play at all on the day servers were down, and he tends to only play as many matches as it takes for him to complete the daily.

If he (a casual pvper) has gotten 3-4/14 (most likely 3-4/13 since many still use matrix cube or extra damage proc relic instead of a second expertise relic), then I'm sure it's possible for some more dedicated players to have gotten full BM gear within the first 2 days (especially if they had comms saved).

Im sorry are we discussing the BM gear that is solely bought feom WZ comma or the War Hero gear thats from BMcom and rankWZ comm? If its the former thats way too easy. It its the latter thats still fairly easy especially if you win a lot because its the same as making wz into merc comms. How much is it for BM comms now anywys

The comm breakdown goes like this:

5 comm per medal (up to 8, need at least 3).

1 comm per MVP vote

+X for winning

+Y for the duration of the WZ (longer WZs are more).

Max seems to be about 100. I've played all kinds of blowouts and never got more than 100 before votes.

My guess is X is around 25 (lowest I've gotten while winning is in mid 60s with 8 medals) and Y is around 35.

Edited by Astarica

If you have a premade it is insanely easy to get. If you need to pug, then it's just a question on if you will stick it out with being slaughtered until you get a fair amount of BM gear.

It isn't that the grind is worse than pre 1.2, it is just different. It was slower before 1.2, now it might be more frustrating to some.

Pre 1.2 BM MH Weapn - 3 BM Commeadations 1000 WZ 1000 Merc for 1 BM Token

That makes 12,000 WZ's Comm's if you don't get "lucky" for your MH wep.

Post 1.2 1600 WZ Comm's for MH Wep

For that's a difference of 10,400 WZ Comms

I would say it's a little easier to get gear then it used to be.

People like to pretend they never ever got BM Tokens from their dailies and weeklies.

On average it's 9 bags at 2.25 Tokens a week, which meant a free 9k WZ Comms at the same time you earned another 1.25~ tokens.

The ACTUAL math shows that the new system is actually 30% worse based on time played. The difference is that you're not capped to 9 bags a week, and don't have to be rank 60 to start.

The new system just allows you to grind more, at a worse return rate. It's not massively worse like some people will have you believe, but to say it's 'better' is just plain inaccurate.

People like to pretend they never ever got BM Tokens from their dailies and weeklies.

On average it's 9 bags at 2.25 Tokens a week, which meant a free 9k WZ Comms at the same time you earned another 1.25~ tokens.

The ACTUAL math shows that the new system is actually 30% worse based on time played. The difference is that you're not capped to 9 bags a week, and don't have to be rank 60 to start.

The new system just allows you to grind more, at a worse return rate. It's not massively worse like some people will have you believe, but to say it's 'better' is just plain inaccurate.

I don't know man. I was at 74 valor when 1.2 hit and was still missing 3 BM pieces. It just came down to luck. Some of you had it I however did not. v The new system takes the randomness out which I enjoy.

I don't know man. I was at 74 valor when 1.2 hit and was still missing 3 BM pieces. It just came down to luck. Some of you had it I however did not. v The new system takes the randomness out which I enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, the randomness was obnoxious. But the drop rate was 25%, and over the 3x 50s I got to V.60+, 2-3 tokens per week was dependable. If I got 1 one week, I usually got a streak the next.

They prefaced 1.2 by saying they wanted to narrow the gear gap between players. They did the exact opposite though, by changing how poorly your progress from losing matches, and unbalancing Expertise.

Think about it this way: If all they'd had changed was the way vendors worked, and not the rewards system, expertise rates, and class changes, would you be happier? Longer TTK, healers and tanks still relevant outside Huttball, and faster, more streamlined gear progression?

That would have been a nice patch. But how motivated do you think solo queuers and fresh 50s will be to grind out 11k+ WZ Comms, when you get 0-30 a loss? Hence the unsub~athon.

Edited by Kyzr