I hope the imps are thanking Bioware

mangarrage

The biggest issue on an imp dominated server is the WZ situation. Now I personally started on the imp side but now I am on the Republic.

I played a ton this weekend and I do not have perfect numbers but on Sat and Sun there were over 80% of the pvp matches were 8 v 5 or less. This is in the 10-49 bracket

This is all times of day as I played most of the weekend

8 v 5 is guaranteed loss. The imps get their commedations and we do not.

It was so bad I switched over my imp player so I could take advantage of playing against less opponents. My imperial character won every match. In addition we pinned the republic at their spawn 9 times in NC

See the wz end timer is an equalizer no one gets anything in a short match, now it is imp get and rep do not

As bad as some of these servers are pop wise you would think you would make it so a wz did not start until 8 v 7 or better.

Hell I'll play 8v7 all day and not complain a bit but really it is just ridiculous now

So basically best thing to do is leave but the imp still get their commodation and we get nothing

You need to fix this system. The timer is necessary if you cant get you que to match up equal numbers, which you obviously cannot

I just do not understand how this is the way it is and someone over there thought this would somehow be a good idea.

I understand this in 50 rateds but 10-49 it is just dumb

As a Republic I have to agree that this is an unfortunate situation for low pop servers...

but we have nobody but our fellow Republics to blame. There are probably people queuing up but then not being around to accept it when it pops.

What i would give to be able to transfer my Imperial characters to the republic side. I want competitive matches, not steamrolls.

Seriously this I would love. I mean classes are mirrored I would love that when/if they do server transfers they offer a faction switch. Im leveling a republic toon but I really was never a fan of grinding multiple alts so its going very very slow.

You still get commendations and valor so you'll eventually get more gear. Not much anyone can do about the imp/rep ratio on the server though.

Yeah, like the Ilum exploit/cheat on my server where imps got way ahead, they get way ahead now too...so in 4 months I can start to play them toe to toe again? yeah, lots of fun for sure. Just que to a winning team, keep joining and leaving to beat the system.

You still get commendations and valor so you'll eventually get more gear. Not much anyone can do about the imp/rep ratio on the server though.

It would actually be pretty easy to implement faction throttling, but that would be unpopular so no one does it.

By "server throttling" I mean that the character creation page would prevent you from creating a Imperial if the Imperial population is x% more than the Republic or vice versa.

My point precisely.

ALL patches and ALL nerfing/buffing is useless if you don't fix equal number at start.

Classical scenario is this:

We start with 5, they start with 7 (I see them when we fly by them, count them). We take 1 node, they take 2 (kill us on 1 node).

Then, all for sudden, bout 1 minute, 2 minutes later, we get another 2 or 3 players.

In that time, they can organize defense. We loose.

With new system, our commendations are lower.

I started to spam tickets putting exact numbers. Bout 5 or 6 so far.

No response so far.

This is the thing that will push people more away than some nerfing/buffing of healer or whatever.

So, BioWare, introduce:

- you can enter WZ only if there is equal number entering from the opposite side.

- if you press enter b4 other person, go in some sort of waiting room and then be released in the door when he enters

Of course, if this is DELIBERATE, to secretly nerf imps - because it is known that Devs are playing imps - then there is not much to talk about.

But, personally, afaik, this is just negligence and sloppiness.

So fix it.

Edited by Baron_Samedi

Seriously this I would love. I mean classes are mirrored I would love that when/if they do server transfers they offer a faction switch. Im leveling a republic toon but I really was never a fan of grinding multiple alts so its going very very slow.

BW hasn't even managed to set up a character copy or instant lvl 50s on the test server yet. It's pretty safe to say faction switches are not gonna happen for a very long time, if ever.

Edited by Blurps

not unless you get 3 medals which in some cases you are unable to do if they camp the spawn point after securing all 3 turrets. I dont have this issue on my server as republic out number the imperials but not by much.

Our only issue is one republic guild who encourages its member to exploit and cheat at all times.. So we just keep reporting them over and over..

but I do agree the timer keeps things even.. it should never have been taken out.

I just dont see why a system where a wz doesnt start until it is 8 v7 7v6 etc

This is not a case where people just arent coming into the match cause you would see holes in the groups ie 3 people in group 1 the first group fills out then no one else comes in and the match starts

I am not looking to penalize the imp cause they arent doing anything wrong and I am sure they dont want to end a match that ends in 2min but they have got to do something

The PvP plaing Reps on my server are strong, still I am not happy with it, since opposing teams often enough do not even try to make it a challenge anymore. The moment it becomes clear which team is gonna win and which is not, the people in the losing one start to leave. And If the Imps on other servers are just a little like me, they also will think that warzones are mostly boring now, so there is nothing to thank BioWare for even when you are often on the winning side. Edited by Drudenfusz

BW hasn't even managed to set up a character copy or instant lvl 50s on the test server yet. It's pretty safe to say faction switches are not gonna happen for a very long time, if ever.

Oh im sure if they will not allow you to switch factions ever but it would be nice. That was the nice thing about swg, you could switch back and forth with no issue for the most part.

What i would give to be able to transfer my Imperial characters to the republic side. I want competitive matches, not steamrolls.

You would have to be a masochist to want to roll Repub and PvP the way things are,we are cannon fodder for the teens so they can live their uber baddy persona in a video game.

Edited by Sathid

Not a game problem. On my servers republics roll with troopers, sages and smugglers and they win almost every match. Its been really hard play solo on my server because they are very organized and they are using that crap tank/healer combination. Playing basically with this tank/healers classes, they won every voidstar because they never die so they are farming imperials really bad. Every game, trooper/sage everywhere. The empire has many jugg and mara all dps. without a good healer we die really easy...

Maybe a xserver warzones will fix this, but its a server problem, not a game.

Much more likely that you will stop pvpint at all in the process.

As a Republic I have to agree that this is an unfortunate situation for low pop servers...

but we have nobody but our fellow Republics to blame. There are probably people queuing up but then not being around to accept it when it pops.

Yes.

Blame your teammates instead of the fools at Bioware who decided to let games begin when it's 5 on 8.

The new system has been very problematic. On Saturday I joined a Civil War match where there was just three of us. We went up against 8. I've also been a part of matches where it was just my premade of 4 against a full team of 8. And I've gone up against teams in the same types of situations.

Yes, queues are popping faster now but why on earth would I want to get into a match where I'm guaranteed to lose?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.