Might as well make it official and call it "Assassin's Ball"...

Dee-Jay

lol wat?

you have clearly not been in many game with tank spec jugg/guardians. They rule at huttball. Pick up ball, pop defensive cooldown, jump to friendly target, jump to enemy target, push enemy target close to goal line, jump to enemy target once again, pop other defensive cooldown + endure pain and walk over the line. All in less than 10 seconds from the middle if there are the right people to jump to

throwing someone from the top walkway to the goal area and then jumping them is awesome and not much can be done to stop it

lol wat?

you have clearly not been in many game with tank spec jugg/guardians. They rule at huttball. Pick up ball, pop defensive cooldown, jump to friendly target, jump to enemy target, push enemy target close to goal line, jump to enemy target once again, pop other defensive cooldown + endure pain and walk over the line. All in less than 10 seconds from the middle if there are the right people to jump to

throwing someone from the top walkway to the goal area and then jumping them is awesome and not much can be done to stop it

This should not be possible. However... it is and there is not much to prevent it or change it without breaking the class. I think everyone agrees that huttball is very flawed when it pertains to balance. If you don't, you dont understand huttball... its not about killing the other team as most seem to think. You dont need to kill one player to steamroll the other team.

lol wat?

except positioning, or a stun, or a push, or a pull.....

Thought it should be called zergball now, since you need to go zerg to get your medals... I am still amazed how much the new reward system has ruined the PvP.

i just hit 50 on an alt friday night. so im in recruit and a couple pieces of bm. ive managed to get the required 8+ in most of my matches. defending a capture pt and stalling for reinforcements is pretty much my role since im still a bit squishy but with all the new medals, even standing around the whole game at a spot with no fighting gets u, what, 5 medals? if u cant get 3 more from actually doing something then i dont know that to tell u

lol wat?

Oh, come on!!

I am a guardian that is regularly invited in groups - and not only from my guildsmates! - for PVP!

And I claim it is not like that - and yes, I keybind!

Usually I don't mind against peeps having constructive criticism, but this is just lame!

1) Who the hell, if is standing on ledges, stands uncovered? And if you stand uncovered, why are you not standing on PURE ledge, just step from falling? So a Guard/Sent goes to leap - puf, he falls, usually in ACID. Which now SLOWS down. And gives enough time for somebody to cc him in that to ensure the kill.

2) If you are on the finish line and you see a guard/sent is holding a ball, you don't stand there even if your life is in question! You jump down, run up the ramp and BREAK THE LOS!

3) If you see an enemy player next to you, you don't talk with him about world market situation, you force push, repell, whatever, just to throw him from upper position!

4) Most important: HAVE A FEELING WHAT'S HAPPENING AROUND YOU! Where are your mates? Is there somebody in front of you? Who are around you? How many enemy players are in front of you? How many behind you?

Ask yourself a question - do you know, by heart, the way incinerators start and stop in Huttball? How long does the burn last? If you came just before the burning started - this is very essential! What will you do? If an enemy ball carrier comes in front working incinerator, what will you do? If you Force Push him, where aproximately will he end up? For that is a key to success!

For example, do you know that on BOTH SIDES of the pit you have BIG BOXES where you can, if you have a ball, jump in and hide? This is useless? Well, think again - the result is equal and there are 20 seconds till the end and you have the ball. You have to run and hide. Or, if you are REALLY skillfull, you can Force Push or Repell somebody to fall there from the middle ledge! He can come out ONLY via Leaps or being pulled by Cons or hooked by BHs! And calculate worth of that when there are PUGS involved! Once one mara pushed me there and I was HALF OF THE MATCH INSIDE since I couldn't get clear LOS and my pug-mates were too busy defending their asses. That effectively pushed out one knight out of the HB!

Information like that shows that you know or don't know the Pit like your wallet (And you know what happens if you don't know what's and how much inside your wallet) and ensures if not victory, then AT LEAST you being a good and productive HuttBall

So sorry, PVP here is hard! Yes, you cannot call yourself a decent PVP-er until you have valor rank 55 and you don't keybind with your eyes blind!

I can even now write you my openings, but not named "Force push" etc - but in keybinds!

And that takes TIME and PRACTICE.

So, really, usually I don't like to write this, but this is REALLY the only worth statement: INVEST TIME AND EFFORT!

I play that thing for 3-4 hours EVERY DAY and can now say that I don't SUCK in PVP. I still am not self-loathing to say that I am superkickasser.

Edited by Baron_Samedi

Oh, come on!!

I am a guardian that is regularly invited in groups - and not only from my guildsmates! - for PVP!

And I claim it is not like that - and yes, I keybind!

Usually I don't mind against peeps having constructive criticism, but this is just lame!

1) Who the hell, if is standing on ledges, stands uncovered? And if you stand uncovered, why are you not standing on PURE ledge, just step from falling? So a Guard/Sent goes to leap - puf, he falls, usually in ACID. Which now SLOWS down. And gives enough time for somebody to cc him in that to ensure the kill.

2) If you are on the finish line and you see a guard/sent is holding a ball, you don't stand there even if your life is in question! You jump down, run up the ramp and BREAK THE LOS!

3) If you see an enemy player next to you, you don't talk with him about world market situation, you force push, repell, whatever, just to throw him from upper position!

4) Most important: HAVE A FEELING WHAT'S HAPPENING AROUND YOU! Where are your mates? Is there somebody in front of you? Who are around you? How many enemy players are in front of you? How many behind you?

Ask yourself a question - do you know, by heart, the way incinerators start and stop in Huttball? How long does the burn last? If you came just before the burning started - this is very essential! What will you do? If an enemy ball carrier comes in front working incinerator, what will you do? If you Force Push him, where aproximately will he end up? For that is a key to success!

For example, do you know that on BOTH SIDES of the pit you have BIG BOXES where you can, if you have a ball, jump in and hide? This is useless? Well, think again - the result is equal and there are 20 seconds till the end and you have the ball. You have to run and hide. Or, if you are REALLY skillfull, you can Force Push or Repell somebody to fall there from the middle ledge! He can come out ONLY via Leaps or being pulled by Cons or hooked by BHs! And calculate worth of that when there are PUGS involved! Once one mara pushed me there and I was HALF OF THE MATCH INSIDE since I couldn't get clear LOS and my pug-mates were too busy defending their asses. That effectively pushed out one knight out of the HB!

Information like that shows that you know or don't know the Pit like your wallet (And you know what happens if you don't know what's and how much inside your wallet) and ensures if not victory, then AT LEAST you being a good and productive HuttBall

So sorry, PVP here is hard! Yes, you cannot call yourself a decent PVP-er until you have valor rank 55 and you don't keybind with your eyes blind!

I can even now write you my openings, but not named "Force push" etc - but in keybinds!

And that takes TIME and PRACTICE.

So, really, usually I don't like to write this, but this is REALLY the only worth statement: INVEST TIME AND EFFORT!

I play that thing for 3-4 hours EVERY DAY and can now say that I don't SUCK in PVP. I still am not self-loathing to say that I am superkickasser.

The things you point out are more or less the realities of playing huttball.

However, it's important to notice how much the abilities of Knights/Warriors completely change the realities of how huttball is played when played as skillfully as possible. People have to stop doing what would be correct, winning movements and do something else just do avoid giving enemy ball carriers free shots at scoring. When an enemy ball carrier can force the enemy team into taking bad positioning just by their class selection, it is very powerful.

I'm not trying to argue for any sort of change or anything like that. All I'm saying is in this one WZ, the class is very powerful. Don't understate it with simply saying "L2P" because forcing people to L2P is exactly what makes it so powerful.

I can't do anything (as a Commando) to stop a juggernaught from reaching the goal line. If I'm on the Catwalks he leaps to me, is immune to knockbacks briefly, and pushes me into the pit before I an do anything. If I am by the goal line he leaps to me and just walks over. If I'm by the VERY EDGE of the goal platform he can still leap to me and not fall off; being at the edge doesn't do anything to cause them to fall in my experience.

So my only option to prevent this is to break LoS and... not be able to hurt him.

They should just make it so no one can leap, sprint, etc while carrying the huttball. This way if your fotm Knight/Warrior buddy will have to use his force leap to get into position for a PASS!!! Instead of easymode. I mean if I can't stealth and carry the huttball why should people be able to instantly easymode it halfway across the map?

The only thing I don't like about huttball is when I get anxious to score and start throwing overly ambitious passes. =P

Happens when we go up 4-0 or something within 2-3 minutes and I'm trying to just wrap things up real quick. Then I end up leading people with passes by 20 yards since they're running in that direction anyway, hoping they'll keep going and catch it.

Course you feel awesome when it works.

The only thing I don't like about huttball is when I get anxious to score and start throwing overly ambitious passes. =P

Happens when we go up 4-0 or something within 2-3 minutes and I'm trying to just wrap things up real quick. Then I end up leading people with passes by 20 yards since they're running in that direction anyway, hoping they'll keep going and catch it.

Course you feel awesome when it works.

Thats their fault, not yours. Always need to pay attention to the carrier.

with the dmg nerf tanks are useless for walking the ball in

healers cant heal enough

and dps can burst anybody down regardless of a Guard or not

a Force Speeding Shadow/Assassin can get the seperation they need to create a cap and score without taking too much dmg.

Although Juggs are still the best ball carrier, mass Assassins is actually very scary in Huttball. Any potential targets for friendly leap/pass just gets Force Pulled to their doom, and this team has plenty of firepower and a ton of cooldowns to burn defensively. As long as the Assassin team remembered that they can simply Force Pull every single person in a good position it's very hard to score on this team.

With the TTK as it is, there are few times that someone makes it very far.

It's normally: get the ball->walk few feet->a)die, b)throw ball to open teammate, c)spike it

As an assassin, Hutt Ball pre 1.2 was awesome. Now the above happens more often than not.

Funny. Sins are pretty good in huttball. However my vanguard (Iron fist spec) is far better. Juggs are far better. Sorcs are far better. Z-Axis control = win. Charge, Charge, extricate, etc.

Really the ONLY class that kind of sucks in huttball are HEALER Ops, and only because they lack any utility and z-axis control. I still say they need a pulse grenade style aoe knockback (utility) and either a sprint, grappling hook (like a reverse pull) or shadowstep style movement mechanic.

Other than that though every class has a good role in huttball.

I can't do anything (as a Commando) to stop a juggernaught from reaching the goal line. If I'm on the Catwalks he leaps to me, is immune to knockbacks briefly, and pushes me into the pit before I an do anything. If I am by the goal line he leaps to me and just walks over. If I'm by the VERY EDGE of the goal platform he can still leap to me and not fall off; being at the edge doesn't do anything to cause them to fall in my experience.

So my only option to prevent this is to break LoS and... not be able to hurt him.

There is something you can do, get the heck off of the catwalks when a jugg has the ball.

There is something you can do, get the heck off of the catwalks when a jugg has the ball.

You got to have enough Grapple/Force Pulls to have a successful defending strategy that involves never being in front of the ball carrier, otherwise he'll just pass or friendly leap to anyone who managed to get ahead.

This is also why mass Assassins is very strong since it's one of the few configurations that can defend successfully against the strongest ball running teams. You basically get something that looks like Mortal Kombat where every receiver gets pulled to lower ground to die horribly.

i know right, bioware really needs to get a clue.

remove shields, remove shadow/assassin sprint. tone down the op leaps, grapple, pull ffs.

dunno when one of these mmo devs will get it right. enough with the lame advantages.

who in their right mind thought, "ok, welll they can shield and run across map and score... yeah that's great" probably an assassin lol.

bioware defo sucks at pvp for the most part. so much imbalances everywhere.

hint: all we want is a somewhat fair competition. understandable it's not going be perfect but at least hit somewhere in the area, not a million miles away. :rolleyes:

and btw i play every class, so i have no reason to cry nerf, etc... i just feel assassins/shadow ruin huttball. doesn't matter if i'm playing one or not.

and if someone thinks only premade vs premade matters on the dev. team, tell me now so i can go somewhere else... if that's how things are balanced, ie, well another class has a pull to go against the sprint, etc... cuz things rarely work out that way unless in a premade vs premade where it's organized and set up.

Edited by teambff