The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Let us use Blaster Rifles

MandoArc

Yea i say it let POWERTECH Bounty hunters use Blaster Rifles

and give Vanguards the ability to use pistols if they want To

I mean why not is not hard to do theres oready bounty hunters Mandalorians npcs rocking the blaster rifles on the game world so is not hard make it happen this everyone having the same weapon is freaking sick i';m tire of looking the same as the other guy or some how only weapon i know how to use even know i'm a BOUNTY HUNTER is a pistol :mad:

Or it will continue to be ignored as it always has for the last what... 7..8 months since beta began...

Its a pointless suggestion and will continue to be ignored

So you mean give up and call it a day sorry is not how i roll

It make no damn sense the a Power tech bh cant use a damn blaster rifle went there mirror can and same go for vanguard why cant they not use a pistol if they want to

same go for Mercs/commando why cant a commando use duel wield pistols and a merc use hes jet pack to charge you why did he some how forgot how to use hes jetpack to charge you went he went merc i mean went i look at all this damn limitations i go crazy why somany damn limitations that make no sense is not like i'm asking for them to let us use light sabers put come on all this damn weapon limitation and taken away moves cuz you cant use your damn minds to come up whit some cool stuff for Power tech how about this

POWER TECH ALL ABOUT THERE SHIELDS make there shields the main focust on them shield and there racer whire and mercs all about there jet packs and duel wield blasters they will get no shields at all and wont be able to use them put they will have a jet pack ability like DFO the will let them target where they want to fly to On top of the reguler jet pack ability for charging some one

Sorry for my spelling tire of this limitations the ones that make 0 sense

I agree with the OP, Commandos/Mercs are mirros right then dont they look similar to one another? They get BIG looking guns and the Empire get these puny little pistols.... Vanguards are in the same boat with Powertechs, PTs look weak carrying around these puny little BB guns.... Let us use Bazooka's and we good!:D

I agree with the OP, Commandos/Mercs are mirros right then dont they look similar to one another? They get BIG looking guns and the Empire get these puny little pistols.... Vanguards are in the same boat with Powertechs, PTs look weak carrying around these puny little BB guns.... Let us use Bazooka's and we good!:D

Yea commandos get a Big *** Gun that does no damage WHILE we get the sleek awesome pistols that one shot people :)

Im gonna be honest I rolled Hunter for the Awesome looking pistols! (The few awesome looking atleast)

They already mentioned at PAX East that they were considering adding in unconventional weapons to classes via Legacy (i.e. double-bladed lightsaber as a Marauder/Sentinel for instance).

I expect we'll see a legacy unlock that allows us to use blaster rifles in the future. The only drawback is that it may look odd as I don't believe there are animations for our gadgets with a blaster rifle out and so they'd either have to code the logic in to treat the huge blaster rifles as mere pistols or hide the weapon completely when we use our gadgets.

I understand the desire some of the community has in wanting to emmulate their favorite Bounty Hunter from the trilogy and use a carbine rifle, but I feel some of you are missing the point of the class from the game's role-playing perspective at the very least:

Troopers use a variety of rifles and cannons because their weapon is the root source of most of their attacks. For Bounty Hunters, our pistols are their mostly to be utilized as filler attacks (Rapid Shots) or for a handfull of special shots (Power Shot/Unload/Sweeping Blasters/Heat Blast).

The vast majority of our attacks originate from our high tech armor. The varity of missiles (Tracer/Heatseeker/Incendiary), darts (Explosive/Electro), flame attacks (Thrower/Burst/Immolate), jet pack attacks (DFA, Flame Sweep, Rocket Punch, Jet Charge), and high tech gadgets (Thermal Det, Rect. Blade, Rail Shot) that are available to use make us the virtual Iron Man (or possibly War Machine) of the Star Wars universe.

Yes, I know that Boba Fett only really used a handful of these in the movies, but this is the direction that BW wanted to take with our class: more focused on weaponized armor rather than using heavy guns.

And on that note, I can't imagine any Bounty Hunter flying around the battle field with a heavy rifle (or God-forbid, a blaster cannon)! Pistols just seem like they give use the versatility and mobility that we need.

Edited by duskruner

And light sabers.

Let use use light sabers

no need for the jokes killer i'm been real Powertechs having the option to use Blaster rifles Carbines wont kill the game it will boost it up tire of running around whit this big *** armor and a pistol for a weapon i want more Options

Right now Bounty hunter are the only one the have no options at all all othere class have a option i give it to you like this Sith can use sabers or thos electrostaffs whit ever they call theres a allot of them in game they can use even some orange ones

Trooper can use big chaint gun or blaster rifles or assault rifle i bealive is call Only class in game force to use 2 pistols if you go merc and call it a day or 1 if you go power tech and call it a day is bounty hunter let Powertechs use Blaster rifles theres NPC in the game world whit them oready on and they are using bounty hunter abilitys wish mean it can be done

I understand the desire some of the community has in wanting to emmulate their favorite Bounty Hunter from the trilogy and use a carbine rifle, but I feel some of you are missing the point of the class from the game's role-playing perspective at the very least:

Troopers use a variety of rifles and cannons because their weapon is the root source of most of their attacks. For Bounty Hunters, our pistols are their mostly to be utilized as filler attacks (Rapid Shots) or for a handfull of special shots (Power Shot/Unload/Sweeping Blasters/Heat Blast).

The vast majority of our attacks originate from our high tech armor. The varity of missiles (Tracer/Heatseeker/Incendiary), darts (Explosive/Electro), flame attacks (Thrower/Burst/Immolate), jet pack attacks (DFA, Flame Sweep, Rocket Punch, Jet Charge), and high tech gadgets (Thermal Det, Rect. Blade, Rail Shot) that are available to use make us the virtual Iron Man (or possibly War Machine) of the Star Wars universe.

Yes, I know that Boba Fett only really used a handful of these in the movies, but this is the direction that BW wanted to take with our class: more focused on weaponized armor rather than using heavy guns.

And on that note, I can't imagine any Bounty Hunter flying around the battle field with a heavy rifle (or God-forbid, a blaster cannon)! Pistols just seem like they give use the versatility and mobility that we need.

so what is wrong whit doing all of the whit a blaster rifle on not a pistol ?

What most of you don't realize is Imperial rifles all look crappy. Rep has all the ballin rifle designs.

You haven't seen the C-61 Dromund Kaas/Coruscant world drop rifle have you? It's a carbine that looks like a shotgun.

This would require them to associate the Trooper animations with Bounty Hunter skills, witch may be a lot harder then you guys realize.

I don't get the carbine/rifle fascination. A Bounty Hunters main weapons/tools are power armor, flame throwers, rockets, rail shots and grapple. The pistol is just a back up piece, and Jango Fett was plenty cool using one.

Not saying it should never be added, just it's not a priority issue. They got tons of bigger problems to work out, just look at the server populations.

This would require them to associate the Trooper animations with Bounty Hunter skills, witch may be a lot harder then you guys realize.

I don't get the carbine/rifle fascination. A Bounty Hunters main weapons/tools are power armor, flame throwers, rockets, rail shots and grapple. The pistol is just a back up piece, and Jango Fett was plenty cool using one.

Not saying it should never be added, just it's not a priority issue. They got tons of bigger problems to work out, just look at the server populations.

If changing to rifle will make PTs' animation mimic Vanguards', then HELLLLLL NO. In my opinion PTs have the coolest looking ability animation. If it means sticking with a pistol, then so be it.