Where are the "This Game Is Dead" comments coming from.

bmanthekid

So where have all these comments been coming from ?

I've been checking server populations and have been playing for the last couple hours and 80 % of the servers are at full/heavy rating.

Usually what happens when you give away a month of free time... just saying... humans don't turn down FREE.

Not sure where you're looking, but aside from a few hours on the patch day and yesterday, Niman hasn't gone pas Light, and even then it was only Standard.

We had over 50 on the fleet on patch day. The next day it was below 30, now it's back to below 20 again. (Republic).

80% of the servers are heavy/full? What? Today 3 were full, two were very heavy, 5 were heavy. Rest were standard and light.

Why are you lying. We can get the stats you know.

Edited by Improv-

Comes from people believing that the total number of people currently on the fleet has some form of population representation at peek hours. Ironically, unlike WoW. People have many reasons to leave hub zones. To you know, do stuff.

It also makes for a great bad joke with friends. Oh hey x people on Y planet! Game is dying guys!

You Want it You Got it

The end is NEAR!!!!! Thats it man Game Over!!! This game died and is smelling up my PC!!!

disclaimer; none of this is actual, no the game is not dead, had the game actually died, you would have been informed where to claim all bodies, property, and screenshots of such carnige

If all you do is PvE or HM's with people you already know, most servers can support that fine. It's when you want to do things that require bigger herds of people that the light level servers become a real issue. Dead? Not by a long shot, but undesirably low population on many servers, definitely.

You got some pretty good graphs here of server populations.

http://www.torstatus.net/

And on these graphs i dont see your "80% of the servers are at full/heavy rating" anywhere.

Actually it shows that they shouldn't have caved into players whining at launch and added 70+ servers.

Overall population is not bad really but when you spread it our on a server to server basis its good for about 2/5 meh for about 1/5 and it sucks for the remaining 2/5 which adds to the whole the game is dead bandwagon.

Transfers and mergers will be coming but considering the complaining about bugs since launch i would guess that players might want them to get this right because no one would want to lose their characters ..would you?

People have been predicting the end of WoW ever since it started. There are people who exist, whose sole purpose is to make predictions.

I predict that it will continue to be that way!

By the way, did you know 47.6% of all statistics are totally made up?

The majority of the servers is still standard during prime time with a few heavy or full usually. Standard does not mean empty, it ranges from a few hundred till around 2000. Fact is no one here can exactly tell how many people play, if you want a good indication of how many people have active subs, you should wait until Bioware/EA releases numbers.

And besides that there are mostly trolls on this forum, who just speak doom and gloom about this game.

Edited by Ghaiana

Actually it shows that they shouldn't have caved into players whining at launch and added 70+ servers.

Overall population is not bad really but when you spread it our on a server to server basis its good for about 2/5 meh for about 1/5 and it sucks for the remaining 2/5 which adds to the whole the game is dead bandwagon.

Transfers and mergers will be coming but considering the complaining about bugs since launch i would guess that players might want them to get this right because no one would want to lose their characters ..would you?

I never said i was on a rush for merges just answering to the OP who said everything was heavy/full which is a lie :p

Well theres the server statistics from torstatus but also the rumor mill and stock performance.

Rumor mill:

http://startupgrind.com/2012/04/exclusive-electronic-arts-set-to-lay-off-500-employees/

This same thing happened about a month before server mergers happened in Warhammer online. Eventually warhammer died also.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ea-beats-targets-on-sales-gain-forecast-off-2012-02-01

This one is from February so its a little out of date. This is the time that the server population buzz started.

I want it noted that I'm not saying that this game is dying or dead. But until EA says the official subscriber numbers we cannot tell, just speculate from the news out there.

Lol well to be fair I don't usually get on this bandwagon of "the game is dead" but I re enabled my sub after 1.2 and my server Sceptor Of Ragnos is completely empty, it's like the server has been deserted or something lol.

It's not exactly impressive, Bioware definitely needs to be bite the bullet and merge servers.

i dont know if information on this site is correct but it seem at their prime time, the top 4 server are FULL and the rest HEAVY..

Top 20 Servers

ø 2.77 The Fatman (PvP)

ø 2.50 Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP)

ø 2.41 The Harbinger (PvE)

ø 2.20 Dalborra (PvE)

ø 2.03 The Swiftsure (PvP)

ø 1.97 The Jedi Tower (PvE)

ø 1.91 Master Dar'Nala (PvP)

ø 1.90 The Red Eclipse (PvE)

ø 1.87 Jedi Covenant (PvE)

ø 1.83 Canderous Ordo (PvE)

ø 1.80 Gav Daragon (RP PvE)

ø 1.68 Ajunta Pall (RP PvP)

ø 1.60 Zakkeg Beast (PvE)

ø 1.59 Jung Ma (RP PvP)

ø 1.58 Huntmaster (RP PvP)

ø 1.58 Lord Adraas (RP PvE)

ø 1.57 Drooga's Pleasure Ba... (PvE)

ø 1.55 The Ebon Hawk (RP PvE)

ø 1.49 Mantle of the Force (PvE)

ø 1.49 Vanjervalis Chain (RP PvE)

Well theres the server statistics from torstatus but also the rumor mill and stock performance.

Rumor mill:

http://startupgrind.com/2012/04/exclusive-electronic-arts-set-to-lay-off-500-employees/

This same thing happened about a month before server mergers happened in Warhammer online. Eventually warhammer died also.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ea-beats-targets-on-sales-gain-forecast-off-2012-02-01

This one is from February so its a little out of date. This is the time that the server population buzz started.

I want it noted that I'm not saying that this game is dying or dead. But until EA says the official subscriber numbers we cannot tell, just speculate from the news out there.

You can't really use the stock as a argument for Stwor success or failure as they have a big company and this game is far from its only release.

Between the US and Europe they have about 100 more servers then needed, that cannot be fixed with a simple flick of the switch. In all honest our impatience is just a big of factor in this games possible failure as Bioware implementation,

i dont know if information on this site is correct but it seem at their prime time, the top 4 server are FULL and the rest HEAVY..

Lol, I can say with 99% confidence on my server Sceptor of Ragnos there is only ever maximum 200 people online spread across empire and republic. The server is literally dead there is only 1 republic guild that actually plays and almost every single republic player that still plays is in the guild.

Rumor mill:

Funny quote from the first article:

"Star Wars sell through is estimated to now be around 3MM units, but the subscriptions which are needed for an MMO to payoff are already declining."

Both numbers (3MM and the declining part) are estimates or 'from sources inside EA', yet he does not mention it at the subscription declining part. As many others constantly state: Nobody can know if subs are declining untill EA confirms they are. So it makes me wonder how high-quality the news reporting of this Exclusive is when they so idly state rumor as fact without using the same 'estimate' or 'expected' for subscription decline as he did in the same line for the sales numbers.

Also; it has been said before that the game did not need millions of sales to break even. And of course, EA is hoping for more than break-even. But they also knew going in that anything more than 1 million subs would be a feat only ever beat by WoW. They clearly stated that in earlier press releases, especially pre-launch. The suggestion that the game is loosing money goes against everything reported by EA so far. It is maybe not making as much as expected or hoped, but loosing money is a big statement already countered by earlier EA statements.

So, sorry.. considering these wrong facts. I must assume this news item to be mere rumor mongering and not truly news worthy because of it.

Edited by Devlonir