Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How Will SWTOR BE Remembered 10 Years From Now?

BCBull

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How Will SWTOR BE Remembered 10 Years From Now?

Much like SWG is remembered now. Another vehicle to shamelessly pimp out the Star Wars intellectual property by any means possible. You figure Lucas would just get embarrassed at some point ...

As a game that i play along with GW2. 10 years is alot of time to grow, theres no telling what could happen. Maybe the devs will get thier Sh** togather.

as for world of warcraft killers, this is not it. WoW will kill itself. it already is, and to be honest i never liked that game at all. It's a game for the "simple people" and it laid down the lines for other mmo's to mimic what they did.

Much like SWG is remembered now. Another vehicle to shamelessly pimp out the Star Wars intellectual property by any means possible. You figure Lucas would just get embarrassed at some point ...

I totally agree with you on that.

Well, yes, but since he came up with that whole canon way of looking at it, nothing outside of the movies is real, it dosent matter to him.

He still cashes in tho, so its win-win for him ;)

Too all those leaving for whatever reason... have fun in your next adventure or your return to where you came from. I am sure you will find what you are looking for... :rolleyes:

As a seasoned MMO player and one that had been out of the mix for about 3 years before TOR I can honestly say the following.

No game is balanced/smooth/content/*fill in the blank with your complaint* upon release. None of them I have played in as beta/pre-launch etc... which includes but is not limited to UO, EQ1-2, DAoC, PS, GW, WoW...

EQ1 was probably the MMO that sucked me in the most, however, it was full of problems especially for those trying to play single team PvP once released. It was still fun and epic on many levels. DAoC probably had the best RvR system to date imo. WoW was and still is imo a kiddie MMO that tried so hard to please the folks that rushed through to the end game content while trying really hard to make it easier for those that like to have their success spoon fed to them, that I simply won't go back... the biggest MMO - sure. The best MMO - not imo.

TOR - Great game on many levels and on par with those listed above as far as release time to current date imo. Sure they are making the same mistakes along the way as others - over promise, under deliver on their first major update - so many others have done this along the way.

Again to those of you that rush through to the end game and expect it to have been the best experience of your MMO-life you again imo are missing the point. This is a game to be enjoyed by SW fans and with the VO/cut away it has the feeling of that awesome stand-alone PC game that you always wished would be an MMO. Well, this one is that too. There are plenty of things that one can do to find groups, explore different content, classes, ect. I have played every class in the game I have a couple of 50s, a couple of 40s and the others between 12-35.

I love the class story lines especially with the VO/cut away. I love that there is the option to interact and play with others in an MMO environment.

What TOR dev should be focused on for the next update imo.

1: LFG tool. You need this, it should be obvious that this is the FIRST thing that should be on your list.

2: Server Population - you have FAR too many servers. Condense them. Put out your list of servers that you are going to keep up and offer a choice for guilds and individuals to move to from the list. If you have to do this on a first come first serve basis fine, but allow for choice. Do not fall into the trappings of other games that say server X and server Y are merging on this date.

3: Ranked PvP for groups and individuals. See number 1. Incorporate PvP LFG into the LFG tool.

What do I think TOR will be remembered for in 10 years?

The game that started a trend of taking the great aspects of the stand alone PC game and incorporating them into a solid MMO. Will it be the best in this category in 10 years? Unknown, but it certainly could it is still way too early to speculate despite all the QQs going on to state the opposite.

Gunz - founder - The M'actyr Legacy

Remembered as the abomination of the starwars frantchise, rushed unpolished full of bugs, terriable design, worst PR ever and much more. Basically sold on name Starwars with false promises and quickly got destroyed by the Deathstar not long after.

I cancelled my sub a few weeks ago. Must admit I don't have any fund memories of my playtime in SWTOR. Just grind grind, running around doing nothing on the fleet.

As for when I think about SWG I have tons of awesome memories.

My house by the lake,

The profound profession and crafting system.

And just in general, the fantastic social atmosphere in the game.

And then comes SWTOR, *** has happened to games!

fast answer it wont be remembered. they have devs from warhammer working on pvp and we wonder why this game is dieing faster then any other mmo to this date.

Well, thats one title SWTOR doesn't quite hold.... YET. DC Universe but SWTOR is on pace to take the crown.

Dying = 1.7 million subscribers?

A more interesting number to see would be player activity, alot of people bought 3 and 6 months subs, but stopped playing, and they just gave a free month to pretty much everyone.

So there is really no telling how many active subscribers there is.

Reserving my spot in this thread so I can come back and comment in 10 years.

I really don't understand the point of these posts unless we're just coming up with random questions to make a new thread.

You aren't asking what it's going to be remembered like in 10 years. No one is commenting on what it will be like in 10 years.

All you're doing is asking people "What do you think about SWTOR now?" So why not ask that? Anyway, I mean, you're welcome to create any threads you like. I just don't get this one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.