Lost Island, ***...

After finishing this place three times, on hardmode, with a different assortment of tanks, healers, and dps each time, i must say Bioware has done a fine job of creating an engaging/entertaining small-scale end-game game play. The gear level of the groups were roughly 1/2 rakata and 1/2 columi, and the clear time for each was between 1 1/2 to 2 hrs, including the bonus boss. I view this as the "premier" end game 4-man, as it really feels more like a 4-man operation. The flashpoint as a whole is thoroughly worthwhile, and i'm sure i will enjoy it for a great many challenging clears to come.

Bioware! More like this!!!

Edited by Zuluzu

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took us about 5 attempts on the first boss, about 4 on the 2nd(mostly on understanding the knockback), 3 on the 3rd (tried to dps from the bridge, lol) and we only took 2 attempts on the final boss. Having to learn fight's and going in blind is what makes new content fun, already knowing every mechanic and dominating new content is never how anything should be released.

Challenges are good, people don't understand that anymore and feel as though they are entitled to dominate content just because of the gear the currently possess.

our group comp btw was:

Jugg Tank

Merc/Sorc DPS

Operative Heals

My run was just like that and i had a blast.

+10 for lost islands best and most rewarding experiance so far.

To all the people (and the OP) QQing about how "hard it is" THAT IS THE BLOODY POINT!

Many people such as myself were incredibly let down by how bloody easy the so called HM Flashpoints were. Killing HM Revan with Tionese gear was as easy as killing him at level 37 had been! HM BT? I struggled more with BT with a 4 person level 10 group than I ever did on HM BT even when none of us had Tionese gear yet.

Normal mode Ops are supposed to be easy so they get off on that one. But the Hard Mode Ops? Hard Mode should have had the same difficulty as Nightmare Mode and Nightmare Mode should have taken longer to beat. It's the lazy ignorant players that say "it's too hard! WAH! WAH! MOMMY GET ME A NEW DIAPER! WAH!" that ruin mmos for those of us that actually give a crap.

That's why the World Bosses (except for Nightmare Pilgrim) were too bloody easy - because EA has decided to whore itself out to the unmotivated lazy (yes that's right, "lazy" not "casual") gamers who now make up maybe 50% of the market. If you have a problem with a Flashpoint being to hard, A) gear up, B) find a better group C) L2P, D) Any of the above!

That's all I have to say for now - peace out.

I can't thank you enough for this FP Bioware!

I am one of the players that enjoy the content with only few RL friends. Done all other HM FPs 2man and the new FP was a very fresh and fun to do. Took about 3 hours in total to learn and clear it but oh boy it was all worth it. Keep this policy when releasing new FPs.

Thank you once more!

To those complaining about the first boss being overtuned for melee just do what my group did... Have the tank pull the boss to the bottom left corner and all players stack behind the boss. Anticipate the cast and move to the opposite corner then to the middle right then top right then top left then middle left and back around again. The lightning orbs tend to fizzle out after being on the ground long enough. Just make sure not to have the boss pointing at the group as to avoid incinerate stacking on them. Interrupt what lightning balls you can and GG... Our group was mostly columi with some rakata.

For those having trouble with the three mainbosses, here's some nice videos from our guildruns with easy tacs throughout the encounter.

Hope they give some help for those who need it.

LR-5 Sentinel Droid

Project Sav-Rac

Doctor Lorrick

As some have said, I also really enjoyed this flashpoint. It all comes down to knowing the mechanics of the fight and working together.

Good luck.

Setup;

Tank: Guardian

DPS: 2xSages.

Healer: Sage

Just finished Lost Island hard mode. Yes it was challenging, it was actually quite fun. I really enjoyed that instance.

Now, to you who complain about Lost Island being too challenging, I only have this to say.

- Do story mode and learn the instance and game mechanics

- If you still think Lost Island is too hard, there is still 7 flashpoints you can enjoy, while we who welcome a challenge can enjoy Lost Island.

small server still working on progression through this FP, can't wait to get in on my pyrotech (sitting out so they can stack long range DPS for ease of mechanics). Honestly the only thing intriguing me more than this is the kethess fight on denova, love the new content.

The FP is also very doable with two melee, tank, and healer.

srsly, anyone should be able to do it with whatever setup by now, they nerfed it very hard. Not sure if I missed it in the notes or I'm mistaken alltogether, but running it a second time for the weekly quest after servers were down for the hotfix it sure as hell felt waaaay easier, was the exact same grp except different healer, but the bosses just do less dmg. The robot deals a ton less dmg, so does lorrick + Idk if this extra dmg he receives in the final phase is new, too, I remember it took a bit longer to down him the first time and we had no gear upgrades or whatever. The Super Mario Pipe boss was a joke from the get-go.

People should remember that just cause you had an easy time somewhere, doesnt mean everyone else is an unskillled idiot. All these bashing trolls should look into their souls and pray the rest of their lives go well.

The main issue with this FP is the reward for risk attribute of it. I have skimmed through this forum and found that 10% said it was too hard, 40% said it was challenging and 50% said it was easy. Granted I don't know how many were talking out of their *** when they boasted their accomplishments. Anyways, out of all of the contributors of this forum that claim to have completed this FP, about 90% said they completed this in col/rat gear. If the requirement to complete this requires superb gear, what's the point of running this FP, besides the challenge? I had less issues with hard mode ops than I did with Lost Island. Either up the reward or drop difficulty. The gear gap is a bit wide for the reward to be not an upgrade. I'll bash my face into the droid 10 times in one sitting if it means that I will at least acquire something stronger than a Columni. But for a side grade and a toinese crystal? No thank you.

The main issue with this FP is the reward for risk attribute of it. I have skimmed through this forum and found that 10% said it was too hard, 40% said it was challenging and 50% said it was easy. Granted I don't know how many were talking out of their *** when they boasted their accomplishments. Anyways, out of all of the contributors of this forum that claim to have completed this FP, about 90% said they completed this in col/rat gear. If the requirement to complete this requires superb gear, what's the point of running this FP, besides the challenge? I had less issues with hard mode ops than I did with Lost Island. Either up the reward or drop difficulty. The gear gap is a bit wide for the reward to be not an upgrade. I'll bash my face into the droid 10 times in one sitting if it means that I will at least acquire something stronger than a Columni. But for a side grade and a toinese crystal? No thank you.
...you do realize how miniscule the difference between Columi and Rakata is right? In fact, LI as a whole is not very gear dependent at all - it's just mechanic heavy.

Most likely the reason the people who are completing it without issues are in mostly Rakata isn't because of gear, it's because people who have Rakata are a lot more experienced in HM Operations. The difference between a coordinated group and a non-coordinated group is huge in this FP.

My guild has been working on Lost Island HM. We are 3/4 in the new raid story mode, can 1 shot all the tier 1 bosses, but we haven't yet beat the last boss of Lost Island and we're in full rakata or better.

It's an insanely difficult flashpoint.

Despite it being the most difficult flashpoint, my guild is having a blast trying to figure it out and get it down. Well some of my guild. Many members of my guild felt flashpoints were "too easy" unless a bug made them harder. So for them, they truely enjoy there is 4-man content that is so insanely tough.

Bottom line this fight is easy as hell

rule 1 - interupt incinerate as a TOP priority with ONLY the tank in front of him to avoid ever getting hit by the dot. If the tank gets it due to lack of interupt skills (yes if you interupt it fast enough there is no stacks at all) then the healer MUST cleanse it ASAP.

rule 2 -the more range the easier the fight, all range shoudl stack up on this fight to control where the lightening balls drop. Melee should be in the corner of the platform as close to the edge of the fire grates as possible so that if a ball drops there it is easy to simply move the fight to an adjacent corner and continue. The range must make calcualted moves around the room keeping range on the boss and the tank at all times.

rule 3 - nuke adds ASAP, they arent hard they are just annoying and take no time at all to kill with a little range dps.

rule 4 - at 12% HP use all DPS CD's and nuke the boss (preferably right when he starts a induction timer target gunner attack that way you can burn him and he cant do anything else) tanks need to rotate CD's to make sure they can stay alive as the healer might have to move if dps is lacking.

if you try this with 2 melee dps then the whole group must stay together and move together using similar tactics and it is MUCH harder to do but still based on player skill can be done with not much trouble.

this fight is not that hard when done right with players that understand how to play the game well enough and understand the scripted fight mechanics.

It is so funny with people saying how bad others are when they themself do not need a single piece from the second boss(or first real one) ie overgear it and say how perfectly tuned it is. Do this in mainly tionese (ie needing columi) and I would listen. Right now, not so much. Go away as your oppinions are pointless as you are overgeared for this instance and therefor have no clue what is discussed here.

As I've said before, the gearing requirements for this FP are a little exaggerated. You certainly don't need full Rakata. That being said, I really would like to see a video of someone completing it in mainly Tionese.

I was doing a run last night where the gearing was as follows:

Tank: two Columi pieces, the rest of his gear was rubbish essentially

DPS 1: full Columi

Healer (myself): mostly Columi

DPS 2: some Columi, some Tionese

We one-shot LR-5; he's a mechanic check, nothing more. Sav-Rak gave me a hell of a time; I just couldn't keep up with the healing burden. Besides the ranged attacks he throws during the pipe phase, he also has a poison attack (I can't remember if it triggers before he jumps to the pipe or after he drops down) that will spread from player to player if they are too close. After the smash phase, he seeks out the tank and cleaves him, which applies a dot to anyone else caught in it. Ultimately I couldn't heal through the fight until we changed our positioning so that the poison would not spread, and so that the smash phase would knock us away from the tank (finicky to say the least). Maybe I was just failing as a healer, but with the cleave and the poison dot I just couldn't keep up.

We downed the bonus boss in a couple of pulls. We actually hit the enrage timer on both him and Sav-Rak, but managed to squeak by.

Lorrick forced us to give up after about 10-15 pulls. We only got to his final phase once; and we had taken too much damage during the previous phase. Ultimately we couldn't DPS him down before I got overwhelmed. Overall our failure wasn't so much in terms of mechanics (although one of our DPSers kept failing to get out of the aoe effects), but the fact that Lorrick's normal attacks kept burning our tank down at a ridiculous rate. At times he would go from 100% health to <20% in a matter of 1-2 seconds. I'd literally have to be healing him non-stop, and having to move out of the AOE effects was enough of an interrupt to my healing throughput to spell death for the tank. I was doing my best to time my spell cooldowns around the repositioning, but like I said, I was basically required to heal nonstop between kolto tanks.

I watched a video of him being cleared later by a better geared team, and what immediately struck me was the almost trivial amount of damage the tank was receiving in comparison. I don't like to blame gear, but I can't help but feel that with a better geared tank I would have been fine.

Edited by Aurojiin

As I've said before, the gearing requirements for this FP are a little exaggerated. You certainly don't need full Rakata. That being said, I really would like to see a video of someone completing it in mainly Tionese.

I was doing a run last night where the gearing was as follows:

Tank: two Columi pieces, the rest of his gear was rubbish essentially

DPS 1: full Columi

Healer (myself): mostly Columi

DPS 2: some Columi, some Tionese

We one-shot LR-5; he's a mechanic check, nothing more. Sav-Rak gave me a hell of a time; I just couldn't keep up with the healing burden. Besides the ranged attacks he throws during the pipe phase, he also has a poison attack (I can't remember if it triggers before he jumps to the pipe or after he drops down) that will spread from player to player if they are too close. After the smash phase, he seeks out the tank and cleaves him, which applies a dot to anyone else caught in it. Ultimately I couldn't heal through the fight until we changed our positioning so that the poison would not spread, and so that the smash phase would knock us away from the tank (finicky to say the least). Maybe I was just failing as a healer, but with the cleave and the poison dot I just couldn't keep up.

We downed the bonus boss in a couple of pulls. We actually hit the enrage timer on both him and Sav-Rak, but managed to squeak by.

Lorrick forced us to give up after about 10-15 pulls. We only got to his final phase once; and we had taken too much damage during the previous phase. Ultimately we couldn't DPS him down before I got overwhelmed. Overall our failure wasn't so much in terms of mechanics (although one of our DPSers kept failing to get out of the aoe effects), but the fact that Lorrick's normal attacks kept burning our tank down at a ridiculous rate. At times he would go from 100% health to <20% in a matter of 1-2 seconds. I'd literally have to be healing him non-stop, and having to move out of the AOE effects was enough of an interrupt to my healing throughput to spell death for the tank. I was doing my best to time my spell cooldowns around the repositioning, but like I said, I was basically required to heal nonstop between kolto tanks.

I watched a video of him being cleared later by a better geared team, and what immediately struck me was the almost trivial amount of damage the tank was receiving in comparison. I don't like to blame gear, but I can't help but feel that with a better geared tank I would have been fine.

Lorrick has a "Satchel Charge" ability... this looks like a spray of bullets in front of him. Each time he does this the tank must side step the boss, because each spray the tank takes equates to one explosion which will explode each time with greater damage when at the kolto tanks stage. He does this ability usually when he says "I have a few tricks up my sleeve" but if not usually after the two sets of circles he puts down. As long as the tank keeps side stepping the bullets the damage when he starts to DPS the kolto tanks will be minimal. Because of this ability it's better if the DPS stays at range behind the boss too. Hope this helps.

Edited by Flain

Lorrick has a "Satchel Charge" ability... this looks like a spray of bullets in front of him. Each time he does this the tank must side step the boss, because each spray the tank takes equates to one explosion which will explode each time with greater damage when at the kolto tanks stage. He does this ability usually when he says "I have a few tricks up my sleeve" but if not usually after the two sets of circles he puts down. As long as the tank keeps side stepping the bullets the damage when he starts to DPS the kolto tanks will be minimal. Because of this ability it's better if the DPS stays at range behind the boss too. Hope this helps.

I do appreciate the input, but in this case it wasn't the Satchel Charge damage that was causing the issues. The tank managed to avoid most of them, but even when he didn't I had no problem healing through (on one unfortunate occasion he picked up three charges just before a kolto tank DPS phase, and keeping him up wasn't particularly hard).

It's simply between breaking a kolto tank and before the next Satchel Charge phase that I was struggling tremendously to keep the tank up. Lorrick's regular attack rotation just burns him down at an amazing rate.

Mind you, the tank had about 16k health buffed... less than our full Columi DPS. *shrug*

Just a note, expecting this to be done in only full Tionese or worse isn't really fair, since the last boss does drop Rakata. That's like saying all other HMs should be doable in level 50 modded gear, and having any Tionese makes you overgeared for it.

16k buffed is extremely low for a tank, regardless of what difficulty.

It's much more reasonable to expect people to be in a mix of Tionese/Columi, and considering the last boss does drop Rakata, it should be just as hard, if not harder, than HM Operations.

The first day we tried hard mode, we kept wiping for about 3 hours on the first boss (droid) before we gave up.

Now that we have learnt the mechanics, we can run through the entire hard mode flashpoint in 35 mins (skipping bonus boss). And we aren't anything special, just a regular team. 1 tank, 1 melee-dps, 1 ranged-dps, and 1 healer. We have been farming it by rotating in a different dps every run, so far we have found 1 agent, 3 warrior, and 2 inquisitor rakata chests.

Hang in there, it does get really easy once you understand the mechanics.

mechanics or not i refuse to go in there. i can run ops with my guild and have a much easier time getting my gear. already got a rakata chest anyway, so for me, this is useless. Black Hole coms... ill run NM KP and do Denova with my weekly on Corellia

I really don't understand the issue people are having with this FP. I just ran this for the first time on Friday with some guildies and cleared it with only 2 deaths.

We had 2 sorcs (one DPS, one heals), a Jugg tank and me (sniper). All of us are full Rakata.

The sorc healer and myself had never been there before Friday night when we ran it for the first time. The other sorc and the jugg had run it once before.

We died once to the droid learning the mechanics and downed him the second time. We died once to Lorrick learning the mechanics there (and bad positioning on the healer) then downed him the second time.

This is not a difficult FP, but I can see this being somewhat difficult to PUG, especially if someone in the group has never done it before.

In my opinion it's tuned just right. Like the new op, it's all about coordination and mechanics. When you get those down, the bosses aren't any harder than anything we've seen before. Will definitely be farming this on the weekly for the comms. About 1.5 hours for Kaon and LI isn't bad for the 8 comms (and the Aratech Ice which I got on Friday).