The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you even talking about? Bioware stuff up, they give away free stuff. People complain that they didn't get the free stuff, Bioware gives them the free stuff. People still complain on what, the 'principle' of the matter?

That 'matter' is entirely meaningless. Read the quote again. They wording was "one of our most valued customers". ONE OF. They didn't say 'we only value our level fifty customers, the rest of you can suck a sav'. They said that level fifty players are one of their most valued customers.

And you know what? I pointed this out yesterday. Three people responded with 'yeah, but actions speak louder than words'. Bioware corrects their actions... People still complain. There's a reason the SWTOR forums are widely considered the most vile, and I'm beginning to understand why.

But by all means, continue on your ill-justified Bioware hate-train. I'm sure if they mailed you a written apology signed by the entire dev team, you'd still find fault with that.

"You could give him gold and he'd complain that it was heavy."

This is not a complaint, but my viewpoint, which I'm pretty sure isn't singular:

I got the CE back in July, and have been playing since before release. I've played just about every day. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time, and have at least a dozen characters spread through 3 servers. (Got tired of the queues on the original server, changed, and recently got our two kids into playing, so am now also playing with them on a PVE server)

My highest character is a 41 Operative. I love him! I love the storyline, am continually surprised by developments, and can't wait to see what happens next.

Oh wait...yes. Yes I can.

I in fact do have the option to be home for the next week and do nothing but get him to 50, and I will, in fact, try to make it a point to concentrate on levelling him this week.

But I am *not* going to space-bar my way through an amazing story, all for a rushed experience and a free month's play.

For this, you can blame BioWare for making a game that is actually FUN to level, FUN to experience, and...worth the money. :cool:

Edited by Taomist

What are you even talking about? Bioware stuff up, they give away free stuff. People complain that they didn't get the free stuff, Bioware gives them the free stuff. People still complain on what, the 'principle' of the matter?

That 'matter' is entirely meaningless. Read the quote again. They wording was "one of our most valued customers". ONE OF. They didn't say 'we only value our level fifty customers, the rest of you can suck a sav'. They said that level fifty players are one of their most valued customers.

And you know what? I pointed this out yesterday. Three people responded with 'yeah, but actions speak louder than words'. Bioware corrects their actions... People still complain. There's a reason the SWTOR forums are widely considered the most vile, and I'm beginning to understand why.

But by all means, continue on your ill-justified Bioware hate-train. I'm sure if they mailed you a written apology signed by the entire dev team, you'd still find fault with that.

Check out my post history. Up until 2 days ago, I was considered Bioware supporter.

Yes I know the quote. You do know it was edited, right? It did not say "one of" at first.

So tell me, how do you know, with 90% certainty that they won't do something like this again?

To you, it's all about the "free stuff". To me, it isn't.

But I am *not* going to space-bar my way through an amazing story, all for a rushed experience and a free month's play.

For this, you can blame BioWare for making a game that is actually FUN to level, FUN to experience, and...worth the money. :cool:

That's fair. If you can get to Legacy 6 by pvping, running flashpoints, playing an alt or other methods, though, that might be worth considering? It all adds to your legacy xp, and won't rush your Agent's story. I agree that it's a good one.

Even tho i kind of lost respect for how you managed to screw up the patching of 1.2.0a, this won me back.

Good gestures often pass lack of experience, which its kind of clear these patching problems was.

Thumbs up :)

Thanks! I missed out on release because I was in Afghanistan. I've been catching up since I got back... I was level 48 on April 12th and bummed out that I just barely missed out. But now I have ten days to get the last level and a half! Sweet!

So when will this show up under our accounts?

My account says only 3 days left until I auto renew. Will I be charged in 3 days or do I have to redeem a code or something?

I hit level 50 the night before the update. I am legacy level 8. I should have gotten 30 days of play time before this offer. Am I missing something or has the gametime not been applied yet?

Hopefully, a mere week's grinding won't be too painful. After that, you've got all the time in the world (and 30 days of it is free).

I don't want to grind though. I work four 10 hour shifts and I am a single father. I have very little time and when I do play I try to enjoy the scope of what I am doing, do all quests, bonus series and all, and try to experience it all. This is just a buzkill.

yea, kinda ironic that they didn't reward any legacy thing at first, considering that it was the legacy patch that they released.

not even that. people wine over not getting pointless in game junk, what kind of reaction did they think they were gonna get when they explicitly reward a single group of players with something that has actual monetary value? i doubt the reaction would have been much diffrent if they started out by saying you have to have X legacy lvl first

Edited by RavinKing

That's fair. If you can get to Legacy 6 by pvping, running flashpoints, playing an alt or other methods, though, that might be worth considering? It all adds to your legacy xp, and won't rush your Agent's story. I agree that it's a good one.

If that happens, it happens. I confess to being a 'do it myself' er and tend to waste time and money crafting, hehe. But I'll get that purple jacket one of these dozens of DEs, I will!!

I'm almost legacy 3. I'll concentrate on experience-gaining opportunities this week and see what happens.

I do think it was a very nice gesture by Bioware, and am quite happy for the people that are close enough to the cut-off that it's feasible.

So now everyone loves them again?

Not really no. All they did was make some who wanted the 30 days happy but they did absolutely nothing for those upset based on principle who never cared about the 30 days which is quite many.

Including today, imho.

They appeased those who were truly upset because they didn't get the free days, but did absolutely nothing to appease those who were upset by the principal of it.

I don't understand what you want? They realised the community objected to a reward for 50s only, so they changed it. What do you want? They've given an incentive for all players to grab that reward if they don't have it already.

Oh.

That's it isn't it?

So do you want "Your playing our game, yes we messed up for a few hours today with a patch (I DIGRESS... A MASSIVE PATCH, PROBABLY THE BIGGEST I'VE SEEN AT SUCH A YOUNG GAME!), but you will all get a free month. Is that what you want? The game was down like 6ish hours. They've already apologised and given a free day sub.

Seriously...

I've been in MMO's a long time now. I've seen them screw up on updates, expansions, etc and honestly offered NOTHING except apologies for technical problems. We excepted that.

I understand BW are competing with new MMO's INC, but to suggest that's the only reason this stuff has happened is frankly MUPPETRY.

If people are gonna constantly object to update hiccups then they may as well shut down the forums and regulate them like SOE does (i.e. don't like your post - delete).

This a great MMO. If you can't see that, well just go on and troll. Personally I'm just gonna go enjoy my game. I suggest you go and enjoy yours.

Veiled attempt to pad subscription count for 30 more days?

Irrelevant.

Quarterly numbers are what the shareholders are looking for. This won't affect those. And the analysts will want details on how many of those subs are running on the free promo month anyway, if they had.

Q1 for them this year doesn't end until June 30th. Long after this 30 days expires and after the players would have to resub and be a paying customer again.

In addition, you had to be a current subscriber with an active rebill or a game card anyway in order to even qualify.

So, I've paid for a few months and real life gets in the way. That happens, oh well. But, when I come back, what do I learn?

"Paying for the game does not equate to 'loyalty'. Since the customer didn't ignore their real life responsibilities and level quickly, we'll punish them by adding an extreme time limit so they can't possibly make Legacy 6 in time."

Really Nice. Is this how you intend to continue? Is that the kind of press that you want?

I don't understand what you want? They realised the community objected to a reward for 50s only, so they changed it. What do you want? They've given an incentive for all players to grab that reward if they don't have it already.

Oh.

That's it isn't it?

So do you want "Your playing our game, yes we messed up for a few hours today with a patch (I DIGRESS... A MASSIVE PATCH, PROBABLY THE BIGGEST I'VE SEEN AT SUCH A YOUNG GAME!), but you will all get a free month. Is that what you want? The game was down like 6ish hours. They've already apologised and given a free day sub.

Seriously...

I've been in MMO's a long time now. I've seen them screw up on updates, expansions, etc and honestly offered NOTHING except apologies for technical problems. We excepted that.

I understand BW are competing with new MMO's INC, but to suggest that's the only reason this stuff has happened is frankly MUPPETRY.

If people are gonna constantly object to update hiccups then they may as well shut down the forums and regulate them like SOE does (i.e. don't like your post - delete).

This a great MMO. If you can't see that, well just go on and troll. Personally I'm just gonna go enjoy my game. I suggest you go and enjoy yours.

Please read the whole thread. I make it quite clear what I want. Your post has absolutely nothing to do, at all, with my remarks.

doubt the reaction would have been much diffrent if they started out by saying you have to have X legacy lvl first

So, I've paid for a few months and real life gets in the way. That happens, oh well. But, when I come back, what do I learn?

"Paying for the game does not equate to 'loyalty'. Since the customer didn't ignore their real life responsibilities and level quickly, we'll punish them by adding an extreme time limit so they can't possibly make Legacy 6 in time."

Really Nice. Is this how you intend to continue? Is that the kind of press that you want?

case in point...