Digital Deluxe Edition was USELESS!

iYukiFox

I don't see how you could expected the free vehicle that comes with ce/de to scale with level. If the vehicle did scale with level, then the advantage for ce/de would be too much. It's not a pay to win game.

This has been asked of other like yourself, and not one has the ability to back their claims. Like them, I honestly don't expect you to elaborate either, but for fairness:

How exactly is allowing a person to continue to use the mount they got in the CE all the way to end game, in ANY WAY, an "I Win" button?

So you think it's totally cool that this unique vehicle, one of the only truly good in-game items received from these bloated editions, should collect dust after a certain level? What part of that is a fun to you? What part of that "wins" to you?

You still need to wait until 25 to use it too. Only the way it is, you get to toss it away after you get the next level of riding.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mindset is still terrible you know.

"I paid more for the game, I should get more, because I am a better customer"

You paid for a few extra items, you knew this, you should accept this. It does not scale, it wasn't promised, so there is nothing to complain about, the rest of these items? You only have yourself to blame. Digital can be useful for others.

The collectors editioner people didn't pay more than the rest of us for the game, they paid more to get a statue and a few other vanity items.

Nothing is useless, you just thought you would get more :p

Oh, I knew it would be useless, but I was at least expecting them to make the mount scale with speeder training.

There was nothing to imply it would scale, so why assume? Expect nothing more than what is presented.

How are people getting their items already?

I'm a little lost, all i got was the crystal.

When can i be disappointed?!

Origin let out they keys yesterday.

Edited by Munkerz

How are people getting their items already?

I'm a little lost, all i got was the crystal.

When can i be disappointed?!

Copies ordered online, have already started shipping from places like Gamestop. I received mine yesterday. People who ordered from a brick and mortar store, however have to wait until the midnight release on the 19th.

I posted a silly scenario a few months ago about DE/CE items.

They are a marketing ploy. The beauty of Capitalism is that they can market their products

however they want, w/in reason, and you the consumer have the right to buy or not to buy. Naturally, in a free society, you also have the right to *****.

Think of this as a lesson learned, one I learned many years ago, DE/CE are RARELY worth

the cost!

You hopefully will be mindful of this when the next big game rolls off the shelves.

Eventually, when enough players start to view such marketing ploys for what they are,

companies will either 1) stop offering them or 2) offer better items.

Buyer beware!

Consumers have the power, NOT the sellers!

You hopefully will be mindful of this when the next big game rolls off the shelves.

Eventually, when enough players start to view such marketing ploys for what they are,

companies will either 1) stop offering them or 2) offer better items.

Buyer beware!

It's not really a "marketing ploy" though. http://buy.swtor.com/us/ has listed everything that every package has to offer. And so far I have received no less, more actually when you consider that they began Early Access 2 days earlier than planned.

I, with my own free will, chose to purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition. No Bioware or EA agent told me or forced me to. I alone made the decision knowing full well what product I would be purchasing, social items with no real value other than fun. No where on there does it say that items would scale and nowhere has it been said that they would or would not.

Just did 10 rounds with the worst customer service in human recorded history. I am playing on a pre order code from August, however I did not receive my DDE code yesterday. I checked my brand spanking pretty new Origin account and they are indicating that I have no old orders no new orders and furthermore they had never heard of me.

Glad to hear I didn't waste any money. I won't use the ugliest crystal I have ever seen on my weapons.

Of course I only have 3 days to play without a code so gunna blast back and enjoy my free play.

While I am perfectly happy with whatever I get in the CE (won't be able to get mine until the 20th), I will point out that scalable mounts are actually common in MMOs these days. If you buy a mount from Blizzard for WoW, or one from EQ2's SC store, it scales. The ones that came with the Rift special editions also scale.

It's really not asking a whole lot for BW to follow current MMO trends (scaling mounts, reduction of the need to farm, more character customization both in creation and after, phasing content, etc), but that seems to be counter to what they actually want to do, which in the end can possibly be a bad thing for them. They need to follow these trends or they will be dead in the water within a year as people go to games with those features. My hopes are that this is what they released with because they needed to get the game out, and that they will rapidly add to the game in order to keep up with the market.

Oh and removing titles and other things that made the game enjoyable in those little ways from the game at the last minute? Not good at all. And I won't even get into the raising of training prices and the reduction of credits given out by quests and such or the removal of vendors that were there in the last beta build.

Edited by DarthOmega

well, you would have enjoyed it more had you not rushed through content.. For most it will work fine because they are enjoying the game as a roleplaying game with story and not a zergfest to 50.

lol if you think RPers are the "most" in this game.

There was no reason to pre-order this because everything you get is pointless.

The flare gun is fun for a few tries as well as the dancer. Holocam is useless as well as the training droid. The color crystal is absolutely useless and ugly; well done on that.

I JUST hit 40 and found out that the cool mount that we get from this Edition does NOT SCALE. It is stuck at 90% You do not increase to 100% as soon as you buy level 40 speeder training.

I am horribly disappointed Bioware.

You are level 40 already? I guess it does not matter because you are going to be gone next month anyway. You are one of the people who rush to level cap and quit after a month. What is your next game? I am sure you have another where you will salivate over it for years when its in developement. Then when it comes out you rush to level cap and quit after a month. You have a problem.

You are level 40 already? I guess it does not matter because you are going to be gone next month anyway. You are one of the people who rush to level cap and quit after a month. What is your next game? I am sure you have another where you will salivate over it for years when its in developement. Then when it comes out you rush to level cap and quit after a month. You have a problem.

no after being in beta 6 months you know the story....

i have sat and watched the JK story 5 times during beta looking for issues. Kinda know the story by heart and i have seen the planet story quest more times.

not everyone started seeing everything for the first time this week

I think all mounts should scale, and having them not do so definitely reduces the value of paying the extra $20. I'm not super mad, but it's disappointing that the one aparently useful thing in the package isn't actually useful.

And having mounts scale is not a pay to win advantage, so stop calling it that. It weakens your position to jump to that kind of extreme when making your point. All OP wants to do is use what he received from his purchase.