Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

Good job naming the issues of titles released in 2004 and earlier. Such failures were normal when mmos were a new genre. But now is 2012 and this is no longer acceptable.

Games with great patching: Lotro, Rift, Aion...most titles of the recent years did not screw up as badly as SWtor.

K, fine. I'll bite. Games released recently (within the past couple years) whose patches rendered the game broken:

Skyrim's 1.1 patch (not launch-day, but the first update) completely removed resistances and borked the entire game for a number of quests and races.

Madden 2012's original patch rendered online multiplayer inaccessible, this was a problem for a week.

NCAA Football 2012 wasn't even available online for two and a half weeks when it launched either. (Hmm.. seeing a trend, EA?)

Many people couldn't even install LA Noire when it came out due to incompatibilities with their PS3 systems for some reason.

PSN has gone down for a month or more at a time due to "security flaws" ... X-Box MSN has had similar issues.

Trying to say gaming companies aren't messing up nowadays is fiction. Deal with the issues and be patient.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get over it maybe? It's one night of not playing video games - he'll live.

He just wrote 1 sentence stating that.. oh forget it, sorry mate, just so sick of gamers on gaming forums telling other gamers that they shouldnt like playing videogames.. Blows my mind :)

Edited by HeinzErnest

OK Sugar, don't get ahead of yourself :) the graphics in this game are crap. Rift has SUPERIOR graphics if we're going to talk gaming here. A FEW bugs??? If this is what you consider a "FEW" bugs, I'd hate to see what you think a lot of them are lmao! Rift tosses out giant patches all the time and we NEVER have this kind of debacle. WoW tosses out large updates and patches and you know what? We NEVER have this kind of debacle. And sorry to burst your biodrone bubble but NO everything that they do in this game is DEFINATELY NOT BETTER THAN OTHER MMO'S. What drugs have you been taking? This entire game is instanced. You can't explore without encountering an exhaustion zone, we're JUST NOW getting the simple NORMAL things that all MMO's have and BW, in their infinite wisdom, massively SCREWED us over YET AGAIN!

That's right Sugar, I AM PAYING REAL WORLD MONEY TO PLAY A GAME THAT I'M NOT ABLE TO PLAY BECAUSE OF A SCREW UP FROM OUR GENIUS DEVS. I EXPECT AND DEMAND TO GET COMPENSATED FOR MY DOWN-TIME. WHY AM I PAYING MONEY TO SOMEONE AND NOT GETTING ANYTHING IN RETURN????!!!! MAYBE YOU HAVE MONEY TO THROW OUT THE WINDOW INTO THE STREET BUT I'M SURE A LOT OF PPL HERE DON'T AND SUGGEST EVERYONE HERE COMPLAIN TO HIGH HEAVEN THAT THEY GET COMPENSATED FOR LOST PLAY TIME.

You're an idiot.

1. Yes, Rift did have problems with large patches.

2. WoW has never had a major patch that didn't need a bucket full of hotfixes.

3. Yes, you pay for this service, but you aren't guaranteed perfection by your standards. If you want that, go bake a cake.

Failure like this has never happened in any MMO, just shows how incompetent they are. Guess it's the beginning of the end for SWTOR, maybe next time they screw up the database and delete all chars so we can move to other games.

never say never, COH, AOC, STO, DCOL. just to name a few.

I understand that all of you have invested a good amount of time and money into playing this game and are frustrated with the issues that cropped up during the launch and the following patches. I will agree that more testing among all software companies needs done before any new release or patching is pushed into production.

I will also bet many of you have no understanding of the complexity of software development and the pressure people are under from both the bean counters and the client.

With a game this complex bugs and issues are going to happen and in time will be resolved. There is rarely a piece of software released these days that doesn't have some sort of hole or bug that doesn't causes instability for some users.

I for one in the first 12 to 18 months expect to have some issues with SWTOR and have really been surprised this game has performed so well with very few major errors or glitches. It's been very stable overall.

Please be patient as this game will eventually be what you expect. Allow Bioware some time to give you what you want.

I understand perfectly I do software development and maintenance for a living :D

Fact of the matter is, they should plan better....

UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

New Update!

How can you people ***** this much? MMO's have been around for a long time and NONE of them are ever without bugs or issues. No one is being screwed, but you are ALL being immature.

Stop trolling the forums and go do something else until you can play again. The ADD youth of America are why I will not be having kids.

K, fine. I'll bite. Games released recently (within the past couple years) whose patches rendered the game broken:

Skyrim's 1.1 patch (not launch-day, but the first update) completely removed resistances and borked the entire game for a number of quests and races.

Madden 2012's original patch rendered online multiplayer inaccessible, this was a problem for a week.

NCAA Football 2012 wasn't even available online for two and a half weeks when it launched either. (Hmm.. seeing a trend, EA?)

Many people couldn't even install LA Noire when it came out due to incompatibilities with their PS3 systems for some reason.

PSN has gone down for a month or more at a time due to "security flaws" ... X-Box MSN has had similar issues.

Trying to say gaming companies aren't messing up nowadays is fiction. Deal with the issues and be patient.

and none of the games you listed are MMOs. you lose

didn't bw just give people with a lvl 50 a free month of playtime? But yeah, you're not getting compensated for 8 hours of downtime . . . And if you don't have a lvl 50 yet, well, shame on you for having a life outside of playing intergalactic make-believe

^ this~!

how this patch should have read:

- credit/comm awards in warzones returned to pre 1.2 rates

- random sounds, sound cutting out, etc fixed

- warzones will now repopulate when players leave them

- match-hue-to-chest will now work properly on helmets

- set bonuses now transfer with armorings from rakata/bm armor

instead we got random stuff that has almost no impact on gameplay. does bioware even listen to feedback?

Quoted For Truth!

What I love is that people who actually pay for a service/game come here to complain (which, not always in the best ways, is valid).

But people like you, come on here to complain about complainers. You don't even pay for that service. LOL...it cracks me up. Then people like you say, 'go out and play or do real world stuff'...yet here you are....complaining about complainers...

take your own advice and go do real world stuff and let the people who paid for this crap complain to the people who took their money and gave them crap in return.

LOL, dont let it get too you buddy, chances are they are just being paid by EA to troll people into silence and stop the dissenting. It wouldn't be the first time EA has done such things.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67942420.html

Lol in b4 they delete this post out of fear.

Both Rift and Aion were unplayable for many of peeps. I've yet to see an mmo that meets this magical bar of yours. Thanks.

just to add onto your post

Aion was ****, Rift was a WoW clone. Not one online game, be it a MMO, FPS, RPG or platform has ever been released without issues.

I remember buying CoD: World at War at release, and in the box it came with, it said there was a patch i had to download b4 playing it

Edited by Terrorwave

He just wrote 1 sentence stating that.. oh forget it, sorry mate, just so sick of gamers on gaming forums telling other gamers that they shouldnt like playing videogames.. Blows my mind :)

When did i say he shouldn't like playing video games? You were the only one who brought up anyone's appreciation for gaming.

Edited by Typeslice

a bit gutted here really at the moment (not because of the downtime) but every time i have had the time to play one of 2 things has happened:

Laptop failure

Patching for over 8 hours..

I think i have now missed out on over 32 hours of gaming because of these issues at the moment (more so for the laptop failure..) Just wish the wife would let me on more often and it would not be so much an issue haha

There was an incident not too long ago where a MMO patch wiped the boot.ini from your puteh.

That was a fun patch :p

**** happens. All you pillocs screaming about testing need to bear in mind that the lab testing behindf closed doors cannot give you a glitch free product in the real world.

we need more people like this...

With all fairness I have never in my life seen an MMO where they accidentally deleted all the guild banks.

less like this

and none of the games you listed are MMOs. you lose

Because mmo's are so much easier to program. The point is, ALL software has bugs! If you say you've never bought a game or installed a game that didn't work right, right away. I call you sir, a liar.

Play a different game? Also he isn't telling you not to like playing games. Simply stating, it's not that big a deal. You can't play today, because they're trying to fix the game. Good on BW for that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.