Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

Just a few things. First, to the guys who said there is an instance in the Glacial Fissure, that is not related to this. That is how you get the HK-51 bonus companion. Before this starts a riot, no, the companion nor the mission to get into the instance are ingame. And to the guys who posted the pic that "answered all of our questions about the NVSCCS". It's in French! We can't read what it says.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent most of today searching Hoth. Here's a trick I figured out that may help everyone search more efficiently. Put the NVSCCS on a hotbar. It's greyed out. If you target something that you can use it on, it will light up. Sadly, mine has not yet, but every other item that is used on a target does, so this will too.

Happy hunting.

Nope..a propos , yesterday I was serching the liver (didnt drop) in illum and mechanicly clicked with the NVSCCS on a tauntaun there: and nearly had a heartbrake attack! Look at this (it respond to all questions about the NVSCCS):

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/554943taunnotcloseenough.jpg

You basically got a message saying you cannot see target....

Just a few things. First, to the guys who said there is an instance in the Glacial Fissure, that is not related to this. That is how you get the HK-51 bonus companion. Before this starts a riot, no, the companion nor the mission to get into the instance are ingame. And to the guys who posted the pic that "answered all of our questions about the NVSCCS". It's in French! We can't read what it says.

Hy ;) no , i'm not a guy^^, but anyway, when i targeted it said "not close enough", I thought silly me, that i was on the spot, my heart just bumped:p..

@ yes i have it on my skill bar now on...;) but this is just another unfortunate hunting night...

http://torwars.com/2012/04/13/treasure-hunt-2-catching-a-hatchling/

Has this been posted yet?

Turned up on google when I was looking for abandoned spaceport. Sorry if this has already been posted. Seems its just about the Orokeet and the unknown tauntaun.

Edit: After further reading seems its just conjecture that probably came from here. xD

Also, I've been doing Illum dailies every day since 1.2 and never seen a Liver drop. :/

Edited by Katreyn

that link seems to have alot of mis-information and it is not updated, alot of the information was from the PTS actually.

the map im working on has caves, all tauntaun npcs, neutral, dead, non-targetable. would help to rule out areas, or help people who have the jerky, as I do not.

I have tried every location posted. Have spent HOURS on end searching every area and have found NO babies that people are posting. I am starting to feel that some people posting on here are fooling around and sending people on wild goose chases. I think Georg was extremely vague in his post and did nothing to push is any closer. I have read every post on every page and i feel we are no closer as we still have no solid evidence that the jerky is involved or not. I think Georg is having a great time watching this thread n laughing about some of the suggestions. Thanks to everyone trying and posting, as for me i cant bare to waste more valuable time on this until we are given some clarification on the jerky or if there is in fact a baby tauntaun on hoth :t_mad:

I have tried every location posted. Have spent HOURS on end searching every area and have found NO babies that people are posting. I am starting to feel that some people posting on here are fooling around and sending people on wild goose chases. I think Georg was extremely vague in his post and did nothing to push is any closer. I have read every post on every page and i feel we are no closer as we still have no solid evidence that the jerky is involved or not. I think Georg is having a great time watching this thread n laughing about some of the suggestions. Thanks to everyone trying and posting, as for me i cant bare to waste more valuable time on this until we are given some clarification on the jerky or if there is in fact a baby tauntaun on hoth :t_mad:

/agree

that link seems to have alot of mis-information and it is not updated, alot of the information was from the PTS actually.

the map im working on has caves, all tauntaun npcs, neutral, dead, non-targetable. would help to rule out areas, or help people who have the jerky, as I do not.

Thank you, really:) Can't wait ;)

@But also +1 we need a little help please Monsieur G.Zoeller:)

Edited by Symbolika

ive been googling like crazy trying to see this "comment on the internet" re finding the tauntaun but not catching it....

*eyes are starting to bleed*

As have I. Best thing it came up with was a forum post on somethingawful.com talking about the tauntauns on ilum.

Some map of hoth made out of snowdrifts that has a dead republic trooper and a TINY model of a tauntaun corpse.

On this lead I investigated the imperial version to find the Champion "Enduring Tauntaun" with a matching Tiny tauntaun corpse.

I traced the tint corpse to the Hoth map and found just another pack of lost green tauntauns. :'( Trail went cold. But some folks mentioned going into exhaustion zones in caves? Care to elaborate because of my 14 hours (yes I count) of work on this and never ran into an exhaustion zone in a cave.

Remaining leads:

Out of bounds caves,

Tauntaun Wrangler NPCs,

And reports of Tauntaun Mothers and Dead tauntaun mothers. (Perhaps some trigger to spawn a mother?) more research to come....

Also I feel like the frightened taunlet is going to have the same coding as the ancient probe droid. as you get closer it runs away. Thus the jerky will still the flee response allowing you to approach and NVSCCS. On this concept it would HAVE to be a large cave where speeders cant be used and you would have to chase it on foot. (or in a high aggro zone where you are in combat.)

-W

Edited by Weftyo

As have I. Best thing it came up with was a forum post on somethingawful.com talking about the tauntauns on ilum.

Some map of hoth made out of snowdrifts that has a dead republic trooper and a TINY model of a tauntaun corpse.

On this lead I investigated the imperial version to find the Champion "Enduring Tauntaun" with a matching Tiny tauntaun corpse.

I traced the tint corpse to the Hoth map and found just another pack of lost green tauntauns. :'( Trail went cold. But some folks mentioned going into exhaustion zones in caves? Care to elaborate because of my 14 hours (yes I count) of work on this and never ran into an exhaustion zone in a cave.

Remaining leads:

Out of bounds caves,

Tauntaun Wrangler NPCs,

And reports of Tauntaun Mothers and Dead tauntaun mothers. (Perhaps some trigger to spawn a mother?) more research to come....

Also I feel like the frightened taunlet is going to have the same coding as the ancient probe droid. as you get closer it runs away. Thus the jerky will still the flee response allowing you to approach and NVSCCS. On this concept it would HAVE to be a large cave where speeders cant be used and you would have to chase it on foot. (or in a high aggro zone where you are in combat.)

-W

I dont know if i buy the TaunTaun Mother lead, simply becuase that npc hasnt been datamined by darthhater or torhead. This leads me to beleive that was a troll, but who knows.

All the places I see people saying there are babies are actually the foot of the tauntaun covered in snow and sticking out to appear separate but not a baby.

Sadly there are no jerky to be found on my server yet, or at least no one is sharing/selling. I'm trying to get a team to help me with the big cat for the drop though.

The only place I could get livers to drop (not jerky) was the wampa cave, I went to illum and killed everything in the turret zone. It may just be that rare of a drop if others got it there.

It would be good to know where whomever saw the baby. I've scoured hoth three times over and not found a baby anywhere obvious.

So I decided to redraw that map that was posted earlier with the dead body and zoom out the camera in certain positions to see what I could match up with a trace of the Hoth world map. It came up that the pebble sized tauntaun was directly on top of a cave just south of tauntaun ridge. Went there and checked around. I found an inlet inside of the cave with wampas standing over dead tauntaun bodies. There were 4 dead tauntauns. I wasn't able to click anything nor interact with any of the tauntaun. I had jerky in my inventory but I didn't want to use it because my guild/server only has one :( (Horrid liver drop rates). Anyone want to check that?

So I decided to redraw that map that was posted earlier with the dead body and zoom out the camera in certain positions to see what I could match up with a trace of the Hoth world map. It came up that the pebble sized tauntaun was directly on top of a cave just south of tauntaun ridge. Went there and checked around. I found an inlet inside of the cave with wampas standing over dead tauntaun bodies. There were 4 dead tauntauns. I wasn't able to click anything nor interact with any of the tauntaun. I had jerky in my inventory but I didn't want to use it because my guild/server only has one :( (Horrid liver drop rates). Anyone want to check that?

Coords?

Hi everyone, been following this thread since page 1 and love this kinda thing in a game :)

I had a thought so I figured I would throw it out there. Everyone agrees 2 planets are involoved, alderaan and Hoth. Everyone has scoured all of Hoth but what about Alderaan? Just cause the capture thing is there dosent mean the taun couldnt be? I mean the Jerkey could be only thing needed from Hoth and Alderaan does have alot of snowey areas and caves and such. Also it has the Oro Eggs and the new magenta crystals (seems the devs favored that planet to me for this stuff) so maybe people should check all over there to see if there are locked up tauns in a cave with smugglers or something like that.

Hi everyone, been following this thread since page 1 and love this kinda thing in a game :)

I had a thought so I figured I would throw it out there. Everyone agrees 2 planets are involoved, alderaan and Hoth. Everyone has scoured all of Hoth but what about Alderaan? Just cause the capture thing is there dosent mean the taun couldnt be? I mean the Jerkey could be only thing needed from Hoth and Alderaan does have alot of snowey areas and caves and such. Also it has the Oro Eggs and the new magenta crystals (seems the devs favored that planet to me for this stuff) so maybe people should check all over there to see if there are locked up tauns in a cave with smugglers or something like that.

I thought of this too, however the patch notes read that it was found on Hoth.

Coords of the cave are -2040,51.

It's the cave with the sith inquisitor class quest. Once you go in the inlet I was talking about will be on the left with the tunnel opens up.

There is also a dead tauntaun next to a lvl 37 Champion on top of tauntaun ridge close to coords: -1571,775

Edited by Dragonbgone