Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

Someone mentioned about programming it earlier in this thread. I think the poster was overlooked too. It's actually a good idea though, and I think we should all focus on that and see that through now, I agree.

On a NPC list, http://www.torhead.com/search/tauntaun you can see ”Tauntaun Wranglers“ and such on Hoth. They are probably in bases, but maybe one of those you can talk to and have it programmed or have a mission start or something. I have to work now so I cant look around anymore but this will be next on my list tonight.

well on ilum in the base where u pick up pois strat..there are two tauntauns in a cage behind a guy...but i believe it has to be on hoth if thats what the patch notes say

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed this too.

I think we all need to look for a mission. Not sure we will get anywhere without an active mission. we could have it right about what to do, but nothing is happening because we don't have it yet.

Well, to get the Crimson Rakling required you to get 3 buffs which would turn into a single buff to get the quest that gives the pet as a reward. And I did post a few pages back about maybe getting the water/frozen water + jerky buffs may cause something to happen if someone wants to try that.

And on a quick note with the Jerky lists, make sure to give me your character name too :)

Here's a thought...the device needs to be programmed, what if it isn't an NPC who does it, or an animal we have to scan, but like a little blue-flashy "lore object"; a clickable terminal or something. It downloads the specs to the NVSCCS in our inventory.

So in a "real life" scenario, a spaceport worker on Coruscant wouldn't have an Ice Scrabbler code if it escaped from some collector's shipping crate. The worker would have to download the specs from a database then use the NVSCCS to recapture the escapee. Maybe its something like that. Lore objects are easy to overlook, maybe a little terminal has eluded us too.

Nobody answered my previous question, so i'll re-post it: do you think that the areas in Hoth that have brownish smoke coming from the ground, are related?:)

(like for the smell evaporating of tauntaun)

I dont believe so. I ran through that area with Water buff, jerky buff and jerky in inventory and found nothing. Neat concept though.

I ran around with the water buff and jerky buff near tauntauns. nothing special.

I do like the concept of wranglers. We need to find those wranglers. I havent found either. and programming the NVSCCS is probably a good step. But because of the 2 planet restriction I'd stick to just alderaan and Hoth.

-W

Edited by Weftyo

heres a thought the device is already programmed.

i think the guy that mad the map has it pointing in the opposite direction, if you use the map from Ilum and start at the dead guy on high ridge, there is another same dead guy at the corresponding location if you go the opposite direction of the posted map, it is the imperial squad surrounding a crashed ship, possibly the smell of jerky might lure out the taun taun at that location.

heres a thought the device is already programmed.

i think the guy that mad the map has it pointing in the opposite direction, if you use the map from Ilum and start at the dead guy on high ridge, there is another same dead guy at the corresponding location if you go the opposite direction of the posted map, it is the imperial squad surrounding a crashed ship, possibly the smell of jerky might lure out the taun taun at that location.

on hoth? cords?

well my theory is that since GZ mentioned that hes read at least one comment that the specific tauntaun was found, it only means 2 things. 1. the player that found the tauntaun did not use the jerky item and/or nvcs thing (sorry cant ever remember the exact name) or 2. there is an extra step in capturing the tauntaun besides the jerky and/or nvcs thing. maybe u have to bring the tauntauns life down to a certain point to be able to use the nvcs thing? or perhaps u need to use the jerky to initiate some kind of event or phase with the tauntaun in order for u to capture it?

im not sure this helps at all, but ive read majority of this thread and it seems to me we have 45% of the community searching for the damn tauntaun, 30% lookin for places to get the items for jerky/drops/etc, 15% lookin in the wrong place and only 10% with all the items doing all the above (and probably doing one of the above steps wrong)

so if we really wanna find this and want to be real thorough...wed have to start at page one of this thread and read each post and check each tauntaun mentioned LMAO!

and if that doesnt work then the comment that GZ mentioned reading was in another post o.O

"I've seen at least one comment out there on the internet that indicates the tauntaun was found, but not captured."

Edited by Darlazy

Another guy in another thread posted:

Tauntaun Puzzle: We have also found a mob called Tauntaun Mother, one of our guildmates had jumped it while farming livers for us said it spawned about 20 tauntaun adds tho no little ones.

Now we need the coordinates for this Tauntaun Mother. Said mob didn't turn up in torhead or darthhater. Another key is the Frightened Taunlet.

Well, to get the Crimson Rakling required you to get 3 buffs which would turn into a single buff to get the quest that gives the pet as a reward. And I did post a few pages back about maybe getting the water/frozen water + jerky buffs may cause something to happen if someone wants to try that.

And on a quick note with the Jerky lists, make sure to give me your character name too :)

This is also what i was thinking. I tried the tat buff over there, with the food and nothing. Also if you include the tat buff that would be 3 planets not two.

I dont believe so. I ran through that area with Water buff, jerky buff and jerky in inventory and found nothing. Neat concept though.

I ran around with the water buff and jerky buff near tauntauns. nothing special.

I do like the concept of wranglers. We need to find those wranglers. I havent found either. and programming the NVSCCS is probably a good step. But because of the 2 planet restriction I'd stick to just alderaan and Hoth.

-W

O you did try!:)Nice, even if didn't work...

@ I like the idea of cliking on some blue button too Meowzette

but...but G.Zoeller spoken of somebody being by the tauntaun and not capturing him...so - but : maybe there is some small button somewhere to click and open a very small place, where the animal could be stuck...

Can anyone confirm is there is a Ice Fern spawn in the Imperial starting area?

I was wondering this also. I mean, can there really be only ONE spawn point? It seems unlikely. I wouldn't be surprised if one spawned in imperial side also so its even.

So, heres a thought....

I know people have tried taking one bite of the jerky and getting the buff. Has anyone tried taking two bites of the jerky or more then one bite to see if it stacks the buff to make it more potent?

((anyone remember the wow acheivement to eat 20 cupcakes to get a buff))

Just an idea, if eating more then one would make the smell more potent and the buff stack.

I just started reading this thread so i missed most of the previous 60 pages, however i may have an idea that hasnt been stated yet. Forgive me if it has.

I was looking at the scrabbler jerky tooltip on torhead and noticed that it said that it increases the "out-of-combat health regeneration by 60 health per second".

Well, the only time you really need health regen while out of combat is when you are in an exhaustion zone........................

So what if you are looking for a tauntaun who has wandered out into the exhaustion zone somewhere, and you need the jerky buff to lure it closer to the edge of the exhaustion zone and NVSCCS to capture it or pull it out. Just a thought.

Im at work and cant test the theory tho.

I just started reading this thread so i missed most of the previous 60 pages, however i may have an idea that hasnt been stated yet. Forgive me if it has.

I was looking at the scrabbler jerky tooltip on torhead and noticed that it said that it increases the "out-of-combat health regeneration by 60 health per second".

Well, the only time you really need health regen while out of combat is when you are in an exhaustion zone........................

So what if you are looking for a tauntaun who has wandered out into the exhaustion zone somewhere, and you need the jerky buff to lure it closer to the edge of the exhaustion zone and NVSCCS to capture it or pull it out. Just a thought.

Im at work and cant test the theory tho.

This was my thought too i checked exaustion zones

It has been confirmed that at least one of the posts in this topic have the directions to the correct area/tauntaun, but the attempt to do something there and then didn't take place. So retry everything? xD