1.2 Senti Watchman PvP build

prokonto

I would remove 2 points out of Duel wield mastery and put them in Jedi Crusader. Helps you build focus faster.

Yes, in fact i was think about it. But I prioritize my needs in that way: DD>survivalibity>focus/centering building in my build. DW Mastery can offen give an edge in KB dellivery & i've got other focus builders as well vide burns for example. Rebuke is not all time on me & cant be but dmg boost work permanently. In fact must try how will my focus bulds now & if will be some trouble with it i will switch that talents probably.

Edited by prokonto

I'm running the same build and haven't had any focus generation problems. Everything seems to be flowing very nicely for Watchman spec right now.

Glad to hear it:-> Thx for confirmation, needed it coz I'm still downloading patch & cant check it myslef right now:-P

Edited by prokonto

Hey

In my opinion you should get rid of Master Focus completely (since we are strictly talking about PvP here).

Master strike is extremely situational on PvP (and is pretty much out of our rotation as Watchman). And to get Master Focus you have sacrificed 1 point on Close Quarters which practically nullifies your point blank Charge (which acts as your extra interrupt...and trust me its vital vs healers (or at least pre-healer nerf)). Now you have 1 extra point. Lets keep that.

I would also make a switch between Force Fade and Focused Leap. The reason for this is dual. First of all Focused Leap is a welcoming extra Focus generator that allows you to (also for those that asked for rotation ) Leap (+4) > Overload (-3) > Zealous (+6) > Cauterize (-2) > Merciless (-5), while without it you are 1 focus short and need 1 extra Strike before your Merciless. Secondly, our Force Camo has been nerfed to 50% dmg reduction making the extra time/speed a much smaller investment compared to the benefits of Focused Leap - if it was still 100% that would have been an interesting discussion, alas its not.

You are still 1 point extra, what i have done is put it on Steadfast to prepare for more accuracy dumping from gear as soon as i get my Ranked one (full BM now).

For visualization purposes this is what i am running currently: http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/jedi_knight/sentinel/#::fe2f2efcf12e5fe11f19:

Defensive Roll vs Jedi Crusader or 3/3 on Steadfast is debatable and needs further testing - i just enjoy pissing Focus/Rage Knights/Warriors off :).

That's my 2 cents.

Edited by Silvang

Running with:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Sentinel#9fe828clc-22k-6

Ya, only having 1/2 close quarters is stupid. 2/2 serves as another interrupt. Between a 6sec kick, 12 second force charge interrupt, force stasis, and awe you can chain interrupt a caster down hard.

I don't bother with inflammation despite the 50% snare buff it got as the snare time only lasts 6 seconds and cauterize's cooldown doesn't always reset with merc slash/slash in time to reapply the snare. Bioware should really move that talent up the tree and have the snare apply for 12 seconds so we don't need to leg slash anymore.

Jedi crusader is worth it imo. Rebuke has a short cooldown and watchman in PVP can blow the focus fast.

Hey Canadian

Well my reasoning behind inflammation is that Cauterize is part of my rotation either way and a focus spender i will use. The extra slow serves as both my main slow as well as means of maintaining my focus for damaging skills rather than investing it in a 12 second slow (not that i disagree with your tier change suggestion). Either way, between cauterize (with or without refreshed CD) and the short CD on Leap, the occasions where anyone has a chance to gain distance on me are extremely rare. On those occasions i Leg Slash.

I also see you have Force Fade vs Focused Leap. What's your take on my comment above, regarding these two.

Last, whats your reasoning behind the 1 point on Insight? Burn effects are physical, and we don't use Blade Storm that often as well.

Cheers

Edited by Silvang

For those asking for watchman rotation, I do:

Force leap, overload sabers(in the air), zelous strike, cauterize, zen if you got it, riposte if ya got it, slash, force sweep if more than one mob, blade storm, focus building as needed.

After the zen its really situational. But I always start with FL, OS, ZS, Caut to get those dots rolling and use zen to crit and heal if its up.

Edit: im only lvl 29 thats why no merc slash...

Edited by Smuglebunny

i tried another rotation wich was mainly on healers who are determined to heal their allies then move away when getting stomped. Force leap, overloading saber( in the air), zealous strike, cauterize, master strike, merciless and if still needed slash. Worked out pretty good with the buff to master strike. Not saying this is a 100% garanteed rotation since i like to change from time to time but its fun. Especially when they crit :D

I didn't take JC since i really don't have focus issues ever. Been messing around with inflam and its been pretty nice actually. I tend to only snare people when i need to to avoid wasting focus, so it has been noticeably better for my style to have that snare attached to caut since we want as close to 100% up-time as possible. I realize it doesn't always happen that way but for the most part you can keep it up most of the time with a little luck. Plus we have so many gap closers that it has not been an issue at all.

Not that they have time to run away with all the buffs we got + DPS boost through re-itemized/re-balanced stat values to pvp gear. Wrecking ball status!

I also think they should increase the time on the snare portion of the effect - even if they didnt increase it to 12 sec, any increase would help the cause since it gives us more time to proc a reset to caut. Wishful thinking i suppose.

Overall i'm very happy with all the changes aside from camo obviously. Not even bothering putting points into it.

Ya, only having 1/2 close quarters is stupid. 2/2 serves as another interrupt. Between a 6sec kick, 12 second force charge interrupt, force stasis, and awe you can chain interrupt a caster down hard.

No, 1/2 Close Quarters is not stupid... it's just skill. Mele range is 4m & point blank of Force Leap is 5m with 1 point in it. No problem to me one step back if i need to interupt or gain focus. Of course with 2/2 its easier but i play that way long time & used to it. Besides its 1.2 reality... if i interupt healer 2-3 times he should be dead allredy if he not trying kite me & if he kite so no prob with 5m point blank...

Hey

In my opinion you should get rid of Master Focus completely (since we are strictly talking about PvP here).

Master strike is extremely situational on PvP (and is pretty much out of our rotation as Watchman). And to get Master Focus you have sacrificed 1 point on Close Quarters which practically nullifies your point blank Charge (which acts as your extra interrupt...and trust me its vital vs healers (or at least pre-healer nerf)). Now you have 1 extra point. Lets keep that.

I would also make a switch between Force Fade and Focused Leap. The reason for this is dual. First of all Focused Leap is a welcoming extra Focus generator that allows you to (also for those that asked for rotation ) Leap (+4) > Overload (-3) > Zealous (+6) > Cauterize (-2) > Merciless (-5), while without it you are 1 focus short and need 1 extra Strike before your Merciless. Secondly, our Force Camo has been nerfed to 50% dmg reduction making the extra time/speed a much smaller investment compared to the benefits of Focused Leap - if it was still 100% that would have been an interesting discussion, alas its not.

You are still 1 point extra, what i have done is put it on Steadfast to prepare for more accuracy dumping from gear as soon as i get my Ranked one (full BM now).

For visualization purposes this is what i am running currently: http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/jedi_knight/sentinel/#::fe2f2efcf12e5fe11f19:

Defensive Roll vs Jedi Crusader or 3/3 on Steadfast is debatable and needs further testing - i just enjoy pissing Focus/Rage Knights/Warriors off :).

That's my 2 cents.

Mate if U dont use Master Strike after 1.2 in your rotation u doin wrong. I tested that build allredy yesterday evening & must say that MS is huge monster now. No problem with lose range usualy coz my target is under slow from cauterize constantly, i just care to triger it as close target as possible.

No problem with focus too most time... just my intial rotation is: Force Leap+Overload Saber-> Zealous Strike->Cauterize-> Strike-> Merciless Strike-> Master Strike-> Dispatch +(Blade Storm, Force Statis if need). After aplication 4 burns on target i have enough focus usually because of Burning Focus + use Strike if need, why not its quite good dps source now. So i dont need Jedi Crusader & Focused Leap. But choice depends from play style in fact.

Edited by prokonto

I agree with Silvang. My current build is heavy heavy watchman; 36/5/0. I was focus tree, but the more I play watchman the heavier I go into its tree.

1. The extra focus from force leap gives amazing damage FAST! If you combine that with rebuke generating focus for taking dmge, you can often get a second cauterize off if merciless slash resets it before you even need another strike!!

2. Now add inflammation to the picture, and your target's speed is slowed 50%. I found yesterday I could get a quick master strike off while my target was still in range, and my master strike does 3600-4400 base (that's without the extra 8% boost from focus tree, crazy!)

3. Get any speed boost you can, it can help you get out of a sticky situation

4. I have my force leap range set to zero meters, it's a free small hit that roots your opponent so they can't move, and gives you 4 focus, which often means you can get off a quick merciless slash/cauterize combo before they can move again.

Watchman is amazing; it doesn't deal a lot of huge hits like combat can (because of the 100% armor reduction, which can be BRUTAL) but your enemy starts to lose health faster and faster as the cauterizes build up.

I save force stasis for when two cauterizes are working on my target. Then I use dispatch (even better now that we can use at 30%!!!) and I can kill an equally geared opponent in about 15 seconds if I get a jump on them.

If you combine that with rebuke generating focus for taking dmge, you can often get a second cauterize off if merciless slash resets it before you even need another strike!!

You should NOT replace cauterize on same target before first dot goes off.

Kabaal,

Food for thought:

1. How often will you use force leap vs master strike? The extra focus from force leap will add up fast.

2. Force camo vs defensive roll: Force camo gives you 50% dmge reduction for 6 seconds (instead of the 30% from defensive roll) plus 20% speed boost plus breaks targeting. We're not tanks, if you're in an area where someone is tempted to use their aoe on you, I'd reposition. Let a tank start a fight and get targeted, your job is to jump in for a quick finish and to disrupt healers (I'm coming from mainly a pvp perspective on these)

3. Defensive forms: I've played with this skill vs boosting focus generation (jedi crusader) and reducing rebuke time (recompense). I've come to prefer boosting rebuke's effects, as my crit burns heal me more than defensive forms protects.

You should NOT replace cauterize on same target before first dot goes off.

This is true, I misspoke. Wait for the first to finish, get the second one on, then force stasis or etc etc. But usually it's not a problem since the global cooldown limits how fast you can hit, it usually works about right for timing.

This http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRrRdfsZRMr.1 is what I'm running with.

I'm debating about taking one point out of Mind Sear to put into Close Quarters for the 0-meter Force Leap. Some advice on that would be great.

Also,how good is Dual Wield Mastery? Is it really worth the extra two points? I would have to take 2 out of Jedi Crusader, which really helps with Focus Management.

Hey Canadian

Well my reasoning behind inflammation is that Cauterize is part of my rotation either way and a focus spender i will use. The extra slow serves as both my main slow as well as means of maintaining my focus for damaging skills rather than investing it in a 12 second slow (not that i disagree with your tier change suggestion). Either way, between cauterize (with or without refreshed CD) and the short CD on Leap, the occasions where anyone has a chance to gain distance on me are extremely rare. On those occasions i Leg Slash.

I also see you have Force Fade vs Focused Leap. What's your take on my comment above, regarding these two.

Last, whats your reasoning behind the 1 point on Insight? Burn effects are physical, and we don't use Blade Storm that often as well.

Cheers

I guess my argument with inflammation is that the snare has unreliable up-time and consequently I have to spend the 2 focus on leg slash anyway..... This diminishes the value of the talent for me. My preference is to leg slash for the more reliable 12 second snare and invest those 2 talent points into something else.

Regarding my point in insight: DoTs are Internal Damage, based on force power and also utilize force crit. I had that extra point floating so I put it towards more crit.

I experimented with the extended camo time yesterday and after some consideration I may drop the points from force fade. It's value is more in utility that is arguably situational (avoiding targeting/damage for 2 seconds longer). I'll probably pick up focused leap instead with those 2 points.

No, 1/2 Close Quarters is not stupid... it's just skill. Mele range is 4m & point blank of Force Leap is 5m with 1 point in it. No problem to me one step back if i need to interupt or gain focus. Of course with 2/2 its easier but i play that way long time & used to it. Besides its 1.2 reality... if i interupt healer 2-3 times he should be dead allredy if he not trying kite me & if he kite so no prob with 5m point blank...

I see your argument but I disagree and prefer to have the option of interrupting something immediately. Latency and server/client interpolation can be horrible in this game at times and I wonder how reliable 1/2 close quarters really is.

Edited by Fellow-Canadian

Regarding my point in insight: DoTs are Internal Damage, based on force power and also utilize force crit. I had that extra point floating so I put it towards more crit.

I see. I wasn't aware of that thanks.

Changed spec 4 times yesterday between combat/watchman (combat was my leveling and 50-spec for quite some time). I have to say that even though the time--to-kill has been significantly reduced with 1.2 (for everyone), which is kinda against the watchman potential (being a dot relying spec), i still feel its more suited towards my playstyle. I am implementing more of MS lately so i have tweaked my spec a bit. I will update as soon as i finalize it.

Focused Leap is a waste and not worth 2 points to gain 1 focus IMO. If you are looking for Focus try Jedi Crusader.

Here is my PVP spec : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIrRMRdfsZGMM.1

I don't think Insight is worth it because of Zen and Searing Saber. I'm also tempted to take 2 points out of duel wield mastery and put them in Master Focus. Not sure how much the 24% damage increase to offhand actually helps. I might have to look at the combat logs to figure it out. People who are not using Master strike are missing out. This ability was good before and it's even better after the patch.

I notice no one every picks up Jedi Crusader and I'm not to sure why. I love this ability. If you can time Rebuke right before a stun, You will gain focus while stunned. It also helps if you are trying to burn some one down that is attacking you. You really do not have to worry about focus when Rebuke is up.

I only like 1 point in close quarters because it helps me Force Leap less. I find I use it by accident if I put 2 points in.

Fellow Sentinels,

I've said it and repeated it several times. Do not neglect Master Strike, learn how and when to use it. It is not as situation as one may think. Master Strike 1.1 was already an important damage dealer and with 1.2 buffs, it shouldn't be neglected.

My third hit lands at least 95% of the time. Just be smart about when you're using it.

Anything that is slowed and that is not actively running away from you will get hit by the third strike. Just make sure that your enemy doesn't have a pushback ready to be used.:wea_02:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.