1.2 Sound *argh my ears*

Dirtyshadow

I am also experiencing various sound bugs.

1. When spamming certain abilities like vicious slash on my marauder, all sound except for vicious slash's sound effect would disappear.

2. Sometimes receiving medals in WZ the sound effect would get very loud followed with lowered volume for a few second.

3. Various sound effects are just wouldn't play sometimes.

I have already unsubbed due to the poor PvP balance but some of you may find this information useful.

Edited by Vinxius

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yes, hearing that Boeing 747 on top of fleet revving it's engines is pretty bad, but... things could be worse.

Could be Novare coast.

"Our shields are being penetrated! Our shields are being penetrated! Our shields are being penetrated! Are shields being penetrated? Ours? Our shields! Our shields are being penetrated! Hey! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Look!"

Hey

I am having the same issues. There are the jet sounds in the fleet, my companions are like echo'y and in a tunnel :rolleyes: also there is some issues again with sound in warzones, noticed mainly in Huttball. Baron starts to talk and then just cuts off, when the match starts the background music kicks in. Other things regarding sound such as special effects / attacks etc at times missing the sounds.

I am unable to recreate the issues as it is totally random, sometimes its ok sometimes its not.

Hope this helps in some shape

Thanks

PS. Except for the sound issues... 1.2 is awesome, love the new warzone!!

I have been experiencing all of the same sound issues. That is, until my sound cut out entirely and now I can hear nothing in game at all. This is the only game I own affected by this issue and my drivers are all up to date.

*edit* I am currently running the repair option in the updater in hopes this will fix the problem. If it does I will report back.

Edited by Mercury_Down

I get the same issues with sound as well. Jet sounds at the fleet and relogging doesn't fix it. Companions sound down a well. The one good thing I have noticed is that when you move away from NPCs ina dialogue it doesn't suddenly get louder but instead gets quiter like it should.

Unless I missed something in the patch notes... can the Developers please tell me what you did to the sound effects / sound codecs for the game.

From my computer it sounds like the Surround Sound is completely broken....

Constant Jet engine noises in Station base.

Companions sounding too far away, then too close, then too far away again.

Space Combat is defeaning with Auto-Cannon noises.

Sound effects are cutting in and out.

P.S. After a closer listen, it seems that the sounds are playing at wrong locations, and duplicate sound effects are not overlapping.

a) Companion voices is coming from the nearest companion of that type... ie if someone else has Khem Val out, its coming from that Khem Val.

b) The sound effects are cutting out, cause someone else is causing that same sound. (ie if I do a flamethrower... then someone else starts theirs. Mine cuts out, and theirs plays)

What did you do ?

What options in game undo it ?

What options out of game (ie sound drivers - Asus Xonar) undo it ?

I logged into my Smuggler last night, who was parked in the Cantina on Ord Mantell, and it sounded like the tarmac at Sea-Tac.

Sooooooo painful. lol

Yesterday the speeder bike sound didn't play when ever I took a speeder taxi on Dromand kaas.

During space combat I've had the sound suddenly drop in volume then return after about 10-15 seconds and sometimes not return at all.

They still haven't fixed the ambient conversations bug that's been there since release...

Pass by a npc speaking... get out of hearing range of them... sound drops off... then suddenly it returns at full volume when your riding a speeder far away or in a conversation...

When I run a FP, the sound breaks badly. At some point in the mission, the normal game audio gets replaced with a loud staticky hissing interrupted only occasionally by the proper sound. It then stays this way until I reload the launcher.

I'm a very auditory player, and I can't tell what I'm doing without a little auditory feedback. I was in a HM Dir7 run that wiped multiple times on Mentor because of this. (The other DPS got ganked by a little turret out of my field of view that I thought was already dead, and I couldn't hear the turret firing to know otherwise.)

Same new sound issues mentioned in this thread, since 1.2.

It sounds like the volume goes up and down, and goes from mono to stereo, especially in space missions.

Companions sound like they are using a walkie-talkie.

At the end of Warzone battles, the victory music has major static and sounds broken.

Did one test : occurs with and without the new sound option Background Audio.

Edited by Siriel