1.2 Sound *argh my ears*

Dirtyshadow

They manage to break sound effects after every major release. *Sigh*

For now, I have ambient volume turned all the way down. Still get random voice-overs and missing sound effects, as well as the broken surround that you mentioned. Is this game really THX certified? G. Lucas would have a fit if he knew about this.

Edited by grezgorz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone - thanks for reporting the sound issues you've seen since 1.2. I can confirm that fixes for many of these issues (including the loud sound on the Fleet, volume issues in Space Combat, and more) are in the works right now and will be deployed as soon as they're ready. Please note that not all issues may be addressed in the same update, but we've seen your reports and have fixes coming!

You may want to inform Customer Service about this. They told me to update my already up-to-date drivers.

Fixes will be deployed "as soon as they're ready" or during some weekly patch? If they fix it today, will I need to wait until next Tuesday for the fix Allison, or do they plan on releasing it as soon as it's actually fixed?

They manage to break sound effects after every major release. *Sigh*

For now, I have ambient volume turned all the way down. Still get random voice-overs and missing sound effects, as well as the broken surround that you mentioned. Is this game really THX certified? G. Lucas would have a fit if he knew about this.

Lucas created Jar-Jar...he doesn't give a **edit** about Star Wars dude.

Unless I missed something in the patch notes... can the Developers please tell me what you did to the sound effects / sound codecs for the game.

From my computer it sounds like the Surround Sound is completely broken....

Constant Jet engine noises in Station base.

Companions sounding too far away, then too close, then too far away again.

Space Combat is defeaning with Auto-Cannon noises.

Sound effects are cutting in and out.

P.S. After a closer listen, it seems that the sounds are playing at wrong locations, and duplicate sound effects are not overlapping.

a) Companion voices is coming from the nearest companion of that type... ie if someone else has Khem Val out, its coming from that Khem Val.

b) The sound effects are cutting out, cause someone else is causing that same sound. (ie if I do a flamethrower... then someone else starts theirs. Mine cuts out, and theirs plays)

What did you do ?

What options in game undo it ?

What options out of game (ie sound drivers - Asus Xonar) undo it ?

Statement: I've been getting random electrical sounds, and just recently sound cutting out. No overly loud noises or audio coming from someone else, yet. My Warrior's saber :wea_03: doesn't always make the activation :wea_01:, hum :wea_03:, and deactivation :wea_04: sounds.

Addendum: I've also had a lot of instances, with more than one character mind you, where the dialogue audio doesn't play and there's no lip sync. And this is happening in areas that aren't new.

"Jet engines" on fleet, companion speech coming from wrong place and sounding like its over a walkie-talkie, ability sounds not playing/not playing loud enough/playing too loud.

Somebody put in a post someplace that someone they know at Microsoft said talking to BW about their programming is like talking to a stubborn monkey. I'm beginning to see now why...

Also have sound problem. Sound effects inside The Esseles get stuck and it's going on my nerv...

Sound is fine then for no reason it becomes very low... sound from NPC take over the voice when I play movies...

Bug, bugs, bugs............:mad:

I would also like to add this issue to your list.

ISSUE:

As of the 1.2 patch if you press more than one hot bar button/key at the same time it makes a PING sound at you. And the only way to make the PING sound not PING in your ears is to turn off Sound Effects. But now that Sound Effects is off I don't get to listen to any of the sounds from abilities. So at this point I might as well just MUTE the game and watch TV while playing instead. FYI the more buttons you push at one time the LOUDER the PING sound is.

INFO:

Many MMO players use a Razer mouse of some sort that has buttons on them that you can set macros too. For example you macro your Slash and your Strike to the same key on a Sentinel so that it will first cast the Slash Ability and then also push the Strike ability right after it with no delay to it witch means if it castes Slash then Strike will not go off because there is now a global cool down to wait for. That way if you don't have enough force to cast Slash it then Casts Strike instead witch builds up force. Doing this causes the game to make a PINGING sound every time you press the button.

The engine noise is driving me crazy.

Only way to stop/fix it is to quit/exit the game swtor. Especially when problem becomes so serious, that it reaches across even the character selection screen and affecting ALL my characters/alts,

Honestly Bioware...how did this slip through and how is it not fixed yet? Your sound has been an issue since beta. I strongly suggest you find some people more adept at coding sound than you currently have.

I'm using a Xonar card as well and the audio issues get steadily worse the longer you play to the point you can't hear anything and eventually I have to reboot my client.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with any brand of cards. When entire 16 player ops groups have the SAME problem, it's game related...not hardware.