Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if BioWare realizes that their intention of being "fair" by making the announcement at the very least prior to the 1.2 launch (7 hours, in its entirety), actually means that most Europeans won't find out until it's actually been launched or at the earliest during downtime (seeing how the announcement was made around midnight, European time).

Those will be a bunch of happy campers, and I'm looking forward for a whole 24 hours up and coming continuous forum rage.

Yay!

So this ninja removal declaration just a day before was so that people would be subbed for it and not be able to pull out. Good job at building faith with customers.

Not all of us though...my sub runs out on the 18th so they aren't getting me for another one :D

Edited by Ghaleon

Bioware, can you please change the 1.2 patch trailer ? I see a passage with ranked warzones in it. What game is that?

On the other hand, the new MMOS look promising!

I hope a lot of ppl unsub and give bioware the BIGGEST /facepalm they deserve for being such hypocrites with us and unfair.

You obviously haven't seen the amount of WZ comms youll need to get WH gear, and if I played this game to get the story I'd read a book.

Just to get the 5 set pieces you'll need 1750 x 5 = 8750 RWZ x 3 = 26,250 WZ comms. Assuming a 50/50 win/lose ratio you'd get an average of about 75 WZ comms per game played. To achieve 5 set pieces you need to play 350 WZs.

This does not include weapon, offhand, 2 relic slots, 2 implant, 1 ear, 1 belt and 1 wrist slot for a total of 9 pieces (with weapon costing a lot more). Let's say weapon = 1.5 set piece and the rest are 50% cost of a setpiece, (1.5 + 8 x 0.5) x 1750 = 9625 RWZ x 3 = 28,825 WZ comms. Games required = 385.

So you'd need to play around 735 WZs to get full WH. SOUNDS FUN.

I usually back this game but this is a HUGE let down. You shouldn't have even announced the 1.2 patch this week if you knew this was going to happen.

Not a smart move, the pvpers that are left in game were waiting for this. More then likely I am unsubbing for a bit as I don't do PVE at 50 =\

Apparently when i stick up for Bioware in threads I get forum warnings so this time I wont bother. What I will say however is that these forums need to be moderated more strictly.

A thread on Reddit that applies equally if not more so here.

Secondly Thank you Bioware for ignoring all the threats make by immature, overly dramatic players. If this feature isn't working I am much happier that you take your time to fix it. Although I heavily anticipated this feature the legacy system will keep me occupied while its brought up to standard, I guess I'll be rolling my Twi'lek Commando sooner then I thought.

Keep up the good work :)

HEY SICK GUYS ATLEAST WE GET LEGACY AND WE CAN RP TOGETHER.....bioware just lost every pvper well done screwing up the only chance you had to get players back...

I cant wait to RP until ranked WZs come out, in 5 months.

Just to get the 5 set pieces you'll need 1750 x 5 = 8750 RWZ x 3 = 26,250 WZ comms. Assuming a 50/50 win/lose ratio you'd get an average of about 75 WZ comms per game played. To achieve 5 set pieces you need to play 350 WZs.

This does not include weapon, offhand, 2 relic slots, 2 implant, 1 ear, 1 belt and 1 wrist slot for a total of 9 pieces (with weapon costing a lot more). Let's say weapon = 1.5 set piece and the rest are 50% cost of a setpiece, (1.5 + 8 x 0.5) x 1750 = 9625 RWZ x 3 = 28,825 WZ comms. Games required = 385.

So you'd need to play around 735 WZs to get full WH. SOUNDS FUN.

Well they did say they gave us an alternative way to get them...... but that is another slap to the chops

I understand your frustration, but that's just not the case.

While I can't give you a window into the studio other than my word, the decision to cut this feature was made very recently. There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly. The PvP team is hard at work on reinstating Ranked Warzones right now.

Sorry but I call BS.

If the development team didn't know that this was so broken there was no way to even give an ETA on when it will go live then a new project leader is needed to keep the team on track.

YOU HAD to know this last week, an announcement could have been made then, but instead you pull it at the 11th hour, then they send you out into the fire with a flak vest.

I have little hope for any future of this game and can't believe you are making SOE look GOOD!

Ok so you wait till the 11th hour to tell us something like this because you want subs form PVPers coming back for 1.2

BW there are 2 ways this went down & ONLY 2 WAYS!

1. You are liars

2. You are imcompetent

Either way, it looks bad for you, your team and your game

I'm going with incompetent first then trying to save SUBs you lied.

So there is a third option...

BOTH!

4shame BW 4shame

Edited by Swidgin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.